ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rarities Sound.............WTF??? From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 24th, 2005 05:25 AM
IanBillen
What the Fu*%k??? I just shelled out 17.50 for the Stones Rarities album right from Starbucks and please tell me it is my CD-Player because the sound quality is god awful. I mean totally shitty. It is quiet, fuzzy, and muffeled. I had my CD Player all the way up to 9 and it still wasn't loud at all. Besides that the mix, and clarity are total shit man. I mean I know it may possibly be to sound kinda vintage and bootleggish but this is total crap. I don't mean from a mix stanpoint I mean from every stand point. You can't even hear it good. Did I get a bum copy or something?

anyone eles.

Ian
November 24th, 2005 07:42 AM
Gazza maybe its a trade off for the fact that apparently the sound mix at the concerts is finally good this time around...
November 24th, 2005 07:48 AM
marko LOL!

Why even buy the damn thing.
November 24th, 2005 08:37 AM
lotsajizz You got a bum copy....mine was excellent, worth it for the sonic upgrades on 'Fancy Man Blues' and W'ish I'd Never Met You' alone.
November 24th, 2005 08:42 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Still waiting for a uk release. Is it going to be available in record shops?
November 24th, 2005 09:45 AM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:
maybe its a trade off for the fact that apparently the sound mix at the concerts is finally good this time around...

What do you mean "this time"? I thought we already discussed this one? Sadly, I can't comment on the 2005 tour you know that. Cut me some slack over here.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
November 24th, 2005 09:47 AM
IanBillen [quote]lotsajizz wrote:
You got a bum copy....mine was excellent, worth it for the sonic upgrades on 'Fancy Man Blues' and W'ish I'd Never Met You' alone.

OK. I hope your right. I mean it was like a crappy bootleg or something. I mean, by the third song I was like are they kidding me here? I was thinking that this is by far the worst sounding CD ever put out as a remaster or what ever and I was like, I guess the truly don't give a shit about what has their name on it at this point. I let my friend listen to it and he said either this really sucks or something is wrong with it. There is no in between.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
November 24th, 2005 10:05 AM
gimmekeef Guys I'm just looking to download 3-4 tracks from ITunes.Which ones are the gotta haves ..if any..?...Thanks
November 24th, 2005 10:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
[quote]Gazza wrote:
maybe its a trade off for the fact that apparently the sound mix at the concerts is finally good this time around...

What do you mean "this time"? I thought we already discussed this one? Sadly, I can't comment on the 2005 tour you know that. Cut me some slack over here.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]

eh?

the key word is 'apparently'.

Most people (from reviews) seem happy with the sound system on the shows on this tour so far - considering its often been so bloody awful on past tours.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
November 24th, 2005 11:21 AM
Flairville The '...from Ian' thing at the end of each topic really annoys me.
November 24th, 2005 11:25 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Flairville wrote:
The '...from Ian' thing at the end of each topic really annoys me.

that a copyright you know.
November 24th, 2005 01:00 PM
padre
quote:
Flairville wrote:
The '...from Ian' thing at the end of each topic really annoys me.

Maybe we should start using that too.........from padre
November 24th, 2005 02:22 PM
pdog Not from Pdog!
November 24th, 2005 02:39 PM
Bloozehound it sounds pretty good to me
November 24th, 2005 08:18 PM
crb69 Fancyman Blues, Beast of Burden '81 & Tumbling Dice '95 are must haves!
November 25th, 2005 06:47 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:

eh?

the key word is 'apparently'.

Most people (from reviews) seem happy with the sound system on the shows on this tour so far - considering its often been so bloody awful on past tours.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

Gazza,

You probably realize I was just trying to give you a hard time like I do. I ribb folks sometimes as you know.

Ian
November 25th, 2005 08:49 AM
IanBillen
OK very good. Initially I tried another CD I knew was fine in sound and it sounded fine this is why I was so alarmed. I kept playing CD's over the next day or so and as it turnes out ,
my CD player takes a spell every three or four times I play a CD. It is must be involving the electronics because I cleaned it and it will only do it every three or four CD's. Every three or four Cd's it is like no mid range at all, basically just highs and lows, it is fuzzy, and the bass is really boomy and the vocals like seem to be kinda like they sound in a tunnel in a way. Also it has only half the volume power as it should.

I am surely glad all these reasons wasn't the fault of the Stones and or their possy.

Ian
November 25th, 2005 09:11 AM
Maxlugar This release is not for the real fan.

It's for the Stones newbie or casual fan. And the mentally retarded.

It's beneath you to buy this peice of garbage. Any real fan has all this stuff already. Stop the insanity!

I have not purchased Live Licks, 40 Licks or this latest attempt to milk my wallet. Why? Because I am above that.

I am an Uber Fan.

Until there is a serious attempt at emptying those vaults, we should not be buying it. It only encourages them.

All my best,

Maxlugar - Internet gadfly/ CEO www.Maxlugar.com

[Edited by Maxlugar]
November 25th, 2005 09:45 AM
Sir Stonesalot I'm gonna one up you Lugar.

I'm such an uber fan that I don't even own A Bigger Bang!

I got both Live Licks and 40 Licks as gifts. Live Licks is still in the shrink wrap. Does that add collector value? My kid likes to listen to 40 Licks in the car. He even knows to hit skip when emotional rescue comes on.

He's such a good kid.
November 25th, 2005 09:55 AM
Maxlugar Well certainly the Uber Fan would be expected to buy a new release of all new material.

It is just your good fortune that you gambled and won by not buy A Bigger Bang.

Certainly an Uber Fan would still be playing this new album and have memorized all the words or at least all the song titles by now, no?

Not this Uber Fan.

As soon as I stop listening I forget about 75% of this album.

Well played, Sir Stonesalot.

Your Uber is showing.

Maxy!

November 25th, 2005 10:25 AM
lotsajizz skipping 'Emotional Rescue' is unter NOT uber
November 25th, 2005 10:28 AM
Sir Stonesalot I also have a red vinyl Korean version of Aftermath.

All the song titles are in Korean.

It freaky lookin'.

Thanks for telling me that my uber was showing...I tucked my shirt in, that should take care of it.
November 25th, 2005 12:39 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
What the Fu*%k??? I just shelled out 17.50 for the Stones Rarities album right from Starbucks and please tell me it is my CD-Player because the sound quality is god awful. I mean totally shitty. It is quiet, fuzzy, and muffeled.

The version selling at Starbucks isn't meant to actually be played.
It's to be used as a coaster for your Grande Mocha Frappucino.
November 25th, 2005 05:21 PM
rocky hi.....cd player ????????? nowdays ???????
try on a dvd player,,,,,it sounds much better,,,,, rocky
November 25th, 2005 11:14 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

The version selling at Starbucks isn't meant to actually be played.
It's to be used as a coaster for your Grande Mocha Frappucino.

Are you interviewing for my new best friend?

Because I'm pretty sure you got the job.

MAXY!
November 26th, 2005 04:15 AM
wgwalsh Ian,

Those are some old tracks there brother...basic B-sides which generally sound bad enough that they are left off of the LP.

...and hey Ian, stop trying to clean the disc with Magic Mocha...YCAGWYW.
November 26th, 2005 06:56 AM
IanBillen [quote]wgwalsh wrote:
Ian,

Those are some old tracks there brother...basic B-sides which generally sound bad enough that they are left off of the LP.

...and hey Ian, stop trying to clean the disc with Magic Mocha...YCAGWYW.

Ah yes wgwalsh has resurfaced yet again,

Good day to you mate.
I always liked Through the Lonely Nights. Nothing spectacular or anything but I do like the tune.

I put my CD's in the dishwasher to clean them. I figure if that doesn't clean them damn it nothing will.

Ian
November 26th, 2005 07:59 AM
NHStonesfan Until there is a serious attempt at emptying those vaults, we should not be buying it. It only encourages them.

Do you think that will ever happen?
November 26th, 2005 08:53 AM
IanBillen
quote:
NHStonesfan wrote:
Until there is a serious attempt at emptying those vaults, we should not be buying it. It only encourages them.

Do you think that will ever happen?

Yes, I really do think it will happen. It may not be the two hundred songs we all wanted in a 8 disk set but I do think there will be a major release or two. However, and this is a big however, I think that this will occur only some years beyond when The Rolling Stones are no longer around or recording.
I will not expect this while they are still making records and are touring.
If it does happen while these guys are still doing their thing I would be really surprised.

Ian
November 26th, 2005 08:22 PM
wgwalsh Ian,

THROUGH THE LONELY NIGHTS was the B-side to the IT'S ONLY ROCK AND ROLL 45 RPM vinyl release which was released on MJ's Birthday in 1974.

Rumor has it that Jimmy Page played on THROUGH THE LONELY NIGHTS.

I bought the 45 release and the B-side mix was certainly different from the A-side.

Hang fire mate !
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)