ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABB US sales total after 11 weeks Return to archive
November 23rd, 2005 09:42 PM
Soldatti A BIGGER BANG

The Billboard 200
Date: 24/09/2005 - Run: *3*-12-25-41-49-63-64-79-84-106-135 (11/1 wks)

Total sales: 359,305
November 23rd, 2005 10:07 PM
mrhipfl Too bad mainstream music has turned to shit. At least they're still on number 49 in Europe...
[Edited by mrhipfl]
November 23rd, 2005 11:23 PM
Dan I guess they are counting on anyone suckered into buying 2 copies to make it go gold.
November 24th, 2005 07:57 AM
Gazza no excuses

a band that has sold about 1 and a half million of the highest priced concert tickets in history (and who could easily have filled bigger stadiums had their prices been reasonable) shouldnt have to rely on radio play to help them sell a great new album in huge quantities.

Their marketing people should be shot.
November 24th, 2005 08:19 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Gazza wrote:
no excuses

a band that has sold about 1 and a half million of the highest priced concert tickets in history (and who could easily have filled bigger stadiums had their prices been reasonable) shouldnt have to rely on radio play to help them sell a great new album in huge quantities.

apparently mick and keith don't care, or it's out of their hands
November 24th, 2005 09:40 AM
Sir Stonesalot > shouldnt have to rely on radio play to help them sell a great new album in huge quantities.<

That would be a truer statement if the album in question was actually great.
November 24th, 2005 10:25 AM
Poison Dart Will ABB get to 500k in the US?
November 24th, 2005 12:31 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:
no excuses

I've said this before, but it bears repeating: Bands that have sold a lot more records than the Stones this year have done so with a lot *less* press. At the end of the day, it comes down to consumer choice - and the vast majority of music consumers aren't interested in buying new Stones, pure and simple.
November 24th, 2005 05:00 PM
Poison Dart I'm forced to agree with Mel Beli. I wonder why that is? They still put out quality music. Perhaps not as good as their best music. But still quite solid.

I also think we should seperate the sales in the US from the rest of the world where the sales have been quite good.

ABB got to #1 on the World and Euro charts and is on pace to sell about 3 million copies worldwide. That is a very solid number. For whatever reason ABB has not caught on in the US after it's #3 debut.

On the other hand the Stones are selling out 60,000 seat stadiums in the US with some face value tix going for up to $450.

Why isn't the general public interested in this album?
November 24th, 2005 05:06 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:

because the stones don't have the balls to tour behind it
November 24th, 2005 05:31 PM
pavlovs dog Why isn't the general public interested in this album?

Because the 'general public' is a bunch of dumb kids buying Mariah Carey and 50 Cent albums.
November 24th, 2005 06:37 PM
corgi37 My deduction is that Pavlov's dog and Mel Beli are spot on. Clearly, times have changed, particularly in America as far as the older acts are concerned. Macca & Neil Young (though Young doesnt really sell much anyway) might be equally concerned with their sales.

The Stones are truly Sintatra now. People just go to see them because they are them. They are not interested in the new stuff at all. They just want the hits and the spectacle.
November 24th, 2005 07:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
pavlovs dog wrote:

Because the 'general public' is a bunch of dumb kids buying Mariah Carey and 50 Cent albums.

theres also enough of them however who are buying $450 Rolling Stones tickets to be able to give the album a sales level that you would expect from a record released to coincide with a tour of this scale...
November 24th, 2005 07:11 PM
Soldatti At least they're still charting on the Mainstream Rock Tracks, the only "oldie" act on the whole chart with the oldest act from 1993 (except the Stones, of course).
Thank god that they didn't chart on Adult Contemporary (see Macca, Clapton)
November 24th, 2005 08:48 PM
Gazza there seems to be one chart invented for every act who have a record contract as far as I can see

Each one just as redundant and pointless as the others
November 24th, 2005 10:12 PM
Bob Tamp I really dont give a fuck how much it sells, and I like it a lot. Clearly the best since Tattoo. It appears to have done pretty well world wide except for the US. Poor sales in the USA does not mean its not a good album. Shit like rap and Britney sell a lot more now...end of story.

November 25th, 2005 01:58 AM
Zack Who's that in your new avatar, Gazza? A footballer, obviously, but why is he significant?
November 25th, 2005 10:39 AM
Sir Stonesalot The Stones should have done what Prince did with Musicology. Give everyone who buys a concert ticket a copy of the album. There's triple platinum right there!
November 25th, 2005 10:40 AM
egon
quote:
Zack wrote:
Who's that in your new avatar, Gazza? A footballer, obviously, but why is he significant?

http://novogate.com/board/968/218246-1.html
November 25th, 2005 11:41 AM
Maxlugar The missing ingredients that would have made A Bigger Bland a great album and sell more:

- Two Cups Mick Taylor

- One cup Bill Wyman

- A Tsp of Billy Preston

- A pinch of Andrew Loog Oldham

Maxy!
November 25th, 2005 11:50 AM
Sir Stonesalot You forot this part of the recipe:

Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and stir with Brian Jones' cock.
November 25th, 2005 12:26 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You forot this part of the recipe:

Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and stir with Brian Jones' cock.

If it's still there, sure. Hey it couldn't hurt.
November 25th, 2005 12:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh it's still there. He had it gold plated shortly before his demise.
November 25th, 2005 12:49 PM
Maxlugar Really? That could be why he sank. At least it'll never rust.

I'm willing to bet that blonde dutch boy head of hair exists down there to this very day.

November 25th, 2005 10:04 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
I really dont give a fuck how much it sells, and I like it a lot. Clearly the best since Tattoo. It appears to have done pretty well world wide except for the US. Poor sales in the USA does not mean its not a good album. Shit like rap and Britney sell a lot more now...end of story.

Same here, however if it tanks, there might not be another one ! We know Mick gets upset at low sales and he's driving the recording process these days.
November 26th, 2005 01:24 PM
monkeyman62 I dont understand why they cant sell albums, but they always have the most people at stones concerts
November 26th, 2005 08:48 PM
Poison Dart The album has sold well around the world. It has only had mediocre sales in the US and England. ABB was #1 on the global and Euro charts. It also got to #1 in many countires. And it got to #2 in the UK (lost the #1 spot by only 11 copies) and got to #3 in the USA.

A #1 worldwide album (when the original bass player is 70 years old) and a huge sellout tour ($450 face value tix) is pretty good for a band that has been around since John Kennedy was president.

Although I would like to see better sales in the US.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)