ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Delta Center, Salt Lake City: November 22- Setlist, pix, and reviews Return to archive
November 23rd, 2005 10:18 AM
time is on my side If I my eyes are not deceiving me, there doesn't appear to be a listing of the setlist from Salt Lake City last night.

From our friends at Shidoobee:

Lights out 8:25...
1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rockin'
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rain Fall Down (AMA's!!! Still waiting for text, but...yeah! there it is!!!)
6. IORR (AMA)
7. "Wild FUCKING Horses"!!! (direct from text)
8. All Down The Line (WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!)
9. Night Time
-----band intros-----
10. Slipping Away (Lord Richards)
11. Infamy (Lord Richards)
12. Miss You
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off Of My Cloud
15. Honky Tonk Women**
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Brown Sugar
18. Jumpin' Jack Flash
19. You Can't Always Get What You Want
20. Satisfaction (Good night folks, no onnya-can't say fucking up my life on tv!) <----rs199's text
November 23rd, 2005 10:46 AM
moy The Rolling Stones start S.L. up
Some devotees paid over $300 a piece for tickets
By Pat Reavy
Deseret Morning News

It's only rock and roll, but a whole lot of Utah fans like it.

Brian Nicholson, Deseret Morning News
The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger entertains the sold-out crowd at the Delta Center Tuesday. The band appeared live from Salt Lake City via satellite on the American Music Awards.

One of the music world's largest icons, the Rolling Stones, returned to Salt Lake City on Tuesday night. And when the Stones come to town, it's more of an event than a concert.

Fans started lining up outside the Delta Center more than 90 minutes before the doors even opened.

Ashley Hortman, who bought tickets for herself and her boyfriend as a gift, started waiting in line about 4 p.m.

"I just felt like being nice," she said.

Nice could be a slight understatement with ticket prices topping out at $350 each.

Contributing to the circus-like atmosphere, 100 South, between 300 and 400 West, was blocked off to make room for the dozens of semi-trailers and tour buses parked in a scene reminiscent of when Ringling Bros. comes to town.

Denver, Colo., resident Jim Borgel routinely travels to southern Utah with the Beasley family each Thanksgiving. This year, their RV, with its Rolling Stones banners hanging on the sides, made a stop first in Salt Lake City.

"We wouldn't have been to Salt Lake City if it weren't for the Stones," Borgel said.

Eleven-year-old Charlie Beasley's dad is such a big Stones fan that he named his son after the Stones' drummer, Charlie Watts.

Charlie Beasley, 10-year-old Matthew Borgel and 12-year-old Ryan Beasley, all seeing the Stones for the first time Tuesday night, agreed "Satisfaction" is their favorite song. It was one of the first songs Charlie learned all the lyrics to, thanks to his dad constantly playing the record at home.

In addition to new fans, there were also a large number of Rolling Stones concert veterans at the Delta Center. Joe Vukovich has already seen the Stones once on this tour, in Portland, and drove down from his home in Butte, Mont. to see them again Tuesday.
Click to learn more...

"I'd travel with them my whole life if I could afford it," he said. "It's a very good show. Mick looks like he's 20. They're as good as they've ever been."

Utah fans know Stones' shows don't happen often in h. Tuesday was the band's third appearance in the Beehive State since 1994, but only their fourth since 1966, when they played at Lagoon.

Outside the Delta Center, network television crews hustled to get everything in place for the band's live national appearance from the Delta Center on the American Music Awards. Inside, fans checked out the souvenir stands, looking at the latest trademark lips-and-tongue apparel before taking their seats.

When the lights went down and Keith Richards played one of the most famous guitar riffs in rock history, "Start Me Up," fans on this night got what they needed and what they wanted.

E-mail: [email protected]
November 23rd, 2005 10:51 AM
moy Steve Griffin/The Salt Lake Tribune

November 23rd, 2005 02:08 PM
Saint Sway any pics of the back of Keiths coat? Very cool dragon print on back of jacket.
November 23rd, 2005 02:13 PM
keithriffhard and I was there! who's the idiot who said that the show was one of the worst selling shows on the tour? it sold out you fuckers
November 23rd, 2005 02:16 PM
Dan
quote:
keithriffhard wrote:
and I was there! who's the idiot who said that the show was one of the worst selling shows on the tour? it sold out you fuckers

It may or may not have been me but I remember pulling 8 in all prices ranges long into the sale. Nice to hear it did well, the walk up line for tickets to the seemingly wide open San Diego snaked out of sight.
November 23rd, 2005 02:40 PM
time is on my side It could also be me for the same reasons mentioned by Dan. On Ticketbastard, the last TIME I checked it seemed to be wide open. Of course the last TIME I checked was a few months ago so I have no idea what the availability was like in the days leading up to the show.

Also, nice to hear tickets sales acutally went well at Salt Lake City and it sold out. It just goes to show you can't make final determinations on how well ticket sales are doing based on whether or not you can pull them up on Tickebastard. It should be used ONLY as a general guide. A legendary band like the STONES will always do good business when showtime approaches and people realize it's now or never.

To think a popular phrase anmong some on this board two or three months ago was THE TOUR'S A BUST. From everything I've heard, the reality has been something quite different.
[Edited by time is on my side]
November 23rd, 2005 02:56 PM
Dan Contrary to past tours, this one seems to be a sleeper. Other than the most fervent fans on these boards, there seemed to be little excitement whatsoever among the more casual rock n roll fans. However, as the tour progressed the buzz continued to build. Once upon a time if you didn't get tickets immedietly you were out of luck.

If many tickets are available its noted in the previews in the newspapers and on the radio. People who assumed tickets were unattainable would have second thoughts and rush to TM or the box office. San Diego you could get several together in rows 12-20 but while I was at will call, but for sales it looked like the line for Space Mountain.
November 23rd, 2005 03:39 PM
voodoopug We must all credit Michael and more specifically Young Jake Cohl. The amount of walk up ticket sales generated by word of mouth and such fantastic information outlets as Rollingstones.com is amazing. The fan friendly/interactive website is not only offering innovative screensavers, email service, front tickets for an affordable nominal fee, behind the scenes virtual ticket, etc, but young Jake has the vision to post several reviews of the shows that will encourage folks to buy last minute tickets.

Case in point, yesterday afternoon I received an update from Rollingstones.com. This coincided with a show that had up to that point sold poorly. I was able to pull up several blocks of 8 tickets all over the stadium hours before. If many members of the fan club are like us (die hard fans), they immediately clicked the link and read the news on rollingstones.com, also seeing that the stones were playing that night and it was the place to be!

Sure, i am positive that some venues are papered to appear sold out, but the lines for tickets at such places as San Diego and Milwaukee are quite impressive. I had a vicious arguement with JB yesterday regaridng ticket sales. He feared the Salt Lake Venue would remain a non sellout. I told him that young Jake would not let that happen!

Boy was I right. The reason that the fans were not charged up like a crowd at MSG is because they were probably not big time fans and bought their tickets last minute due to innovative marketing.

I encourage all who have not yet, join the rs.com platinum fan club......it will be worth it just for the DVD alone!
[Edited by voodoopug]
November 23rd, 2005 04:33 PM
Slavegirl Not to be a downer, but I watched the AMA's and although their performance was as awesome as ever, I did cringe a little when Mick hesitated on the lyrics to "Rain Fall Down." Not sure what happened, but I think it must have been technical difficulties because it seemed like he was a few beats behind on the lyrics. The band sort of laughed it off as any group of pros would do. Other than that their performance was great.
November 23rd, 2005 04:35 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I encourage all who have not yet, join the rs.com platinum fan club......it will be worth it just for the DVD alone!

Wait until you see my full Fresno report (with the ticket acquisition documented in detail). Don't need no stinkin' fan club!
November 23rd, 2005 04:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

Wait until you see my full Fresno report (with the ticket acquisition documented in detail). Don't need no stinkin' fan club!

intuitive few can obtain great seats on their own. Young Jake makes them available to the masses. I neglected to mention the Fan Asylum packages. A True Rolling Stones fantasy camp!

Many questioned the Cohl's when they held out for larger guaranteed paydays, but now they are having the last laugh at all the critics. The walk up sales have been just an added bonus. Michael did not know that his young, canadian son would be as invaluable to the business model.

I also encourage those of you who havent yet to check out the fantastic variety of merchandise avaialble! The Turkey shirt was a hot seller.

Joey you must reconsider selling your ticket, young Jake is counting on you!
November 23rd, 2005 05:12 PM
Jumping Jack Who spiked the young pug's water bowl, LOL?
November 23rd, 2005 05:41 PM
jrl610 20 songs !
Tired old bastard,
I hope they get a rest after dec,3 until jan,,
I think they need a holiday ;-)
As seems also for the Old Stones fans on this tour,

[Edited by jrl610]
[Edited by jrl610]
November 23rd, 2005 07:05 PM
keithriffhard sorry about my "fuckers" post, I'm just tired of hearing how the Salt Lake fans weren't gonna be there to support the Stones and how it was going to be empty. Because, casual or die hard, the Stones fans were there and they were into it like hell. Mick was way into it also saying: "we missed you the last time around hopefully we make up for that tonight." It was amazing. Keith looked down at first but then was joking with the crowd by his set and then later on. NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME was one of the highlights of the show because of Lisa. She nearly knocked Mick over singing right into his face near the end of it. It was awesome
November 23rd, 2005 08:47 PM
corgi37 Were the Osmonds there?
November 23rd, 2005 10:09 PM
keithriffhard no, fuck the Osmonds, they're neither cute, funny or have good music
November 24th, 2005 08:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Were the Osmonds there?

"Little" Jimmy is at this minute actually down in the outback in Australia, Corgi - as part of a British reality tv show ("I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.."
November 28th, 2005 11:01 AM
Joey " To think a popular phrase anmong some on this board two or three months ago was THE TOUR'S A BUST. "

< -------------- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 28th, 2005 11:05 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Joey you must reconsider selling your ticket, young Jake is counting on you!

I shall go to THE QWEST !!!!

|
|
|
|
V

[Edited by Joey]
November 28th, 2005 01:44 PM
voodoopug you will receive a man hug complete with shoulder pat and elbow rub when we greet.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)