ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SBC Park, San Francisco - November 13 - setlist, pix, review Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
November 15th, 2005 01:20 AM
Poplar
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
I find the arenas are more likely to attract a more subdued and too-afraid-to-get-dirty bunch.

kinda, but man when you're all packed into an arena and the music's all bottled up, at the very least ya gotta stand. stadium's allow people to just sit on their asses if the seats aren't great.

we'll put this shit to the test on Sunday.
November 15th, 2005 03:48 AM
pdog Poplar, you were at The Hotel utah... Fuck She Rats place is only two blocks away, we walked over to the show at about 8PM, if we knew you were there...
I'm on the fence with Fresno...
November 15th, 2005 05:07 AM
corgi37 With pain in my heart, i read these rave reviews. Pain, because i feel we are going to be left out of this tour. ANd, i blame the fucking stupid Commonwealth Games.
November 15th, 2005 10:03 AM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
jgrl wrote:
I have been following the Stones since the mid 60's but last night...and I was 9 rows from stage and I all ways have been lucky by lottery or just waiting in the rain all night and end up by the stage but the price of our tickets $1600 left me cold! It took away from the magic. I just looked around and said how do these people do it..I feeling down...and that has never ever happened after a Stones concert. I even collect Ron Wood's art! I need a better perspective. Thinking of driving to Fresno and sitting in any seats and just re-wind.

jgrl, I think my wife and I sat right next to you.
November 15th, 2005 02:51 PM
SheRat
quote:
Poplar wrote:

My only gripe would be some of the crowd, which could have beem more enthusiastic, considering the beautiful weather and all. The upper deck (for the most part) was pretty much on its collective ass for the first half of the show. The b stage seemed to get people fired up a bit... maybe this is just why i prefer the arena shows, it bottles up the energy... get ready Fresno.

SF crowds suck in general anyways, at larger shows, but this crowd was fucking ridiculous. Pdog and I had pretty good seats on Keith's side in the field and the people standing around us were like fucking statues. Worse, they were actively looking down their noses at me for dancing. Not only were people not even fucking moving, they weren't even singing along.

Pdog and I were so disgusted, we left our seats for looser pastures. Back aways, people seemed MUCH more into it, but still, there was none of the fan comraderie I felt in Chicago--again, that's an SF thing. Pdog posted elsewhere that it was like a 49er crowd on acid and that's about the fucking size of it.

Freaking preppy fucks who could give a shit less about the fact that you've been waiting to hear Sweet Fucking Virginia live since you were 17--because they don't even know the fucking song.

I hate stadium shows.

[Edited by SheRat]
November 15th, 2005 03:11 PM
Dan It sounds like Metallica sucked the energy out of the joint. Oh well, I am sure you will get a better crowd tonight, we will see if they stick around for the headliner.
November 15th, 2005 03:56 PM
Gimme Shelter I know I was rocking out and will be again tonight.
November 15th, 2005 04:27 PM
Poplar
have fun tonight folks...
if i didn't have to work, i'd sure as hell be there.

counting the days till fresno.
November 15th, 2005 06:42 PM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:

have fun tonight folks...
if i didn't have to work, i'd sure as hell be there.

counting the days till fresno.

I'm going to Fresno!
Will be meeting up With T&A tonight and getting a ticky and then meeting him at the show Sunday...
Anybody want to ride from SF to Fresno and bavck with me?
November 15th, 2005 07:54 PM
Poplar
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - San Francisco authorities will be at the
Rolling Stones concert tonight, but not for the music.
They'll be measuring how loud they get.
Officials were flooded with complaints from nearby residents
after the Stones' show at S-B-C Park on Sunday. Neighbors
complained of windows and floors vibrating.
One man who complained said, "just because they're too old to
hear their music doesn't mean their music has to be so loud."
The executive director of San Francisco's Entertainment
Commission says his phone started ringing as soon as the Stones
began playing.
Bob Davis says the city will monitor whether stadium officials
are obeying noise laws. Officials from the Giants baseball team,
which owns S-B-C Park, say they will try to reduce the noise level.

---------

hey pdog - we gots to meet up for drinks in Fresno.
November 15th, 2005 08:00 PM
SheRat
quote:
Poplar wrote:

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - San Francisco authorities will be at the Rolling Stones concert tonight, but not for the music. They'll be measuring how loud they get.
Officials were flooded with complaints from nearby residents after the Stones' show at S-B-C Park on Sunday. Neighbors complained of windows and floors vibrating.
One man who complained said, "just because they're too old to hear their music doesn't mean their music has to be so loud."
The executive director of San Francisco's Entertainment Commission says his phone started ringing as soon as the Stones began playing.
Bob Davis says the city will monitor whether stadium officials are obeying noise laws. Officials from the Giants baseball team, which owns S-B-C Park, say they will try to reduce the noise level.

My BF said he could hear it back at our place--and that his buddy could name the songs...I live maybe 1/2 a mile away?

Oddly, when we were all at my place before pdog and I left for the park, we couldn't hear Metallica...

[Edited by SheRat]
November 15th, 2005 08:10 PM
LadyJane Having had the pleasure of sitting with you in Chicago...I am sitting here LMAO thinking of the stiffs in San Fran.

Howe dare they not appreciate your enthusiasm Miss SheRat??? The poor usher at Soldier Field finally gave up scolding you about dancing in the aisle.......a woman possessed by Stones Fever. A great thing to behold.

LJ.
November 15th, 2005 08:30 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Having had the pleasure of sitting with you in Chicago...I am sitting here LMAO thinking of the stiffs in San Fran.

Howe dare they not appreciate your enthusiasm Miss SheRat??? The poor usher at Soldier Field finally gave up scolding you about dancing in the aisle.......a woman possessed by Stones Fever. A great thing to behold.

LJ.

Yes, she was on FIRE!!! NYC is going to be a blast!
November 15th, 2005 08:36 PM
LadyJane
quote:
pdog wrote:

Yes, she was on FIRE!!! NYC is going to be a blast!

LOL...she's GREAT!!!

Is Miss SheRat now a definite for the {{{{Summit of the Century}}}???

Look out New York!!!!!

LJ.
November 15th, 2005 08:37 PM
SheRat
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Having had the pleasure of sitting with you in Chicago...I am sitting here LMAO thinking of the stiffs in San Fran.

LJ.

Thank you, LJ. I must admit, I had a lame moment of my own where I lost my balance crouching on my chair and spilled the better part of my beer on Pdog. I get paranoid sometimes and I was worried it was just me--but I did not feel the same way about the Chicago audience. People were smiling and dancing and singing there.

Must be something in the water...
November 15th, 2005 08:54 PM
LadyJane Chicago was magical.....let's do it again at MSG!!!!!

LJ.
November 16th, 2005 01:11 PM
SheRat I'm really gonna try. Really, I am! Howe can I possibly be the one who makes a near miss of a gathering of the ENTIRE ROCC?
November 16th, 2005 01:47 PM
Joey
quote:
SheRat wrote:
I'm really gonna try. Really, I am! Howe can I possibly be the one who makes a near miss of a gathering of the ENTIRE ROCC?

At the now legendary , crown jewel of the midwest ( world ?!?! ) , twenty thousand seat ( 17K for most concerts ) , state - of - the - art , QWEST CENTER ARENA ( the eighth wonder of the world ) , nobody cares if you dance in the aisles , spill beer on individuals , barf or smoke dope right in front of the B Stage .

Word !

http://www.omahameca.com/default.asp?lnopt=3&sn1opt=2&sn2opt=1&sn3opt=1&bldgopt=1&month=11&year=2005&newsID=0

Hacky !

November 16th, 2005 01:59 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

At the now legendary , crown jewel of the midwest ( world ?!?! ) , twenty thousand seat ( 17K for most concerts ) , state - of - the - art , QWEST CENTER ARENA ( the eighth wonder of the world ) , nobody cares if you dance in the aisles , spill beer on individuals , barf or smoke dope right in front of the B Stage .

Word !

http://www.omahameca.com/default.asp?lnopt=3&sn1opt=2&sn2opt=1&sn3opt=1&bldgopt=1&month=11&year=2005&newsID=0

Hacky !

IT'S A POLISHED COW BARN
November 16th, 2005 02:03 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

IT'S A POLISHED COW BARN

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

Why must you make the Joey cry so violently ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

Kins !

November 16th, 2005 04:25 PM
pdog
quote:
SheRat wrote:
I had a lame moment of my own where I lost my balance crouching on my chair and spilled the better part of my beer on Pdog.

It was awesome...
I caught her and wasn't concerned about wearing some brew. The look on her face was priceless...
I was going to keep it secret, but since she spilled the beans on herself, it's ok.
She Rat has been placed on a ban from ever having to say sorry to me, this will be strictly enforced!!!
January 2006, live and in person...
The ROCC vs. NYC...
BE THERE!!!
November 16th, 2005 04:47 PM
tumbled
quote:
I hate stadium shows.

THANK YOU. I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUARE TALKING ABOUT HAVING BEEN THERE IN CHARLOTTESVILLE IN HARTFORD IN THE FIRST 5 ROWS NEXT TO A BUNCH OF STUCK UP STIFFS. you are right its much better next to b. but I will not go to stadium show ever again.
November 16th, 2005 05:16 PM
Joey
quote:
tumbled wrote:

THANK YOU. I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUARE TALKING ABOUT HAVING BEEN THERE IN CHARLOTTESVILLE IN HARTFORD IN THE FIRST 5 ROWS NEXT TO A BUNCH OF STUCK UP STIFFS. you are right its much better next to b. but I will not go to stadium show ever again.

Tumbled ............................

.....I Dig your Avatar man
November 16th, 2005 08:00 PM
LadyJane
quote:
pdog wrote:

January 2006, live and in person...
The ROCC vs. NYC...
BE THERE!!!

Sweet!!!!!!!

LJ.
November 16th, 2005 08:24 PM
parmeda OMG...will somebody just lower me in a taiwan basket already!!!

...Jesus Christ!
November 16th, 2005 08:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
parmeda wrote:
OMG...will somebody just lower me in a taiwan basket already!!!

...Jesus Christ!

++++ BLANK FRIGGIN' STARE ++++

Christ,Pam - I think I almost 'drew mud' laughin' at that
November 16th, 2005 08:49 PM
LadyJane
quote:
parmeda wrote:

...Jesus Christ!

Fucking classic.....rotflmfao.

I thought it...SHE dared to say it!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
November 16th, 2005 08:57 PM
parmeda Live in fear, fuckers....
November 16th, 2005 10:40 PM
Slavegirl Yea I agree as well about the SF crowd. For the most part they were cool, but I managed to finesse my way from third row seats down to front row seats on the floor so you could understand my excitment, I was totally dancing and going nuts. I guess I went a little too far by standing on my chair cuz this douchebag behind me kept yelling at me even though I wasn't even in his way, or anyone's for that matter because of the way we were facing. But when you're that close to your Gods you can't help but be overcome with insanity! I finally got to tell Mick my true feelings for him by screaming out that I wanted to fuck his brains out, it was such a relief. Not sure if he heard me but he did come over to me and sheild his eyes from the lights and gave me a good stare down. I was in the front row dressed in a slutty leopard print bustier so I like to think it was me he was staring at even though I don't know for sure. Glad that everybody had fun for the most part. I'm already in Mick withdrawls and I'm paranoid that this will be their last tour, so if all goes well I'll be seeing them again in L.A. at the Forum in march. Take care everyone and rock on!
November 17th, 2005 09:28 AM
Joey
quote:
parmeda wrote:

...Jesus Christ!

Good Postin'
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)