ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
You rule Chief!!
KeyArena, Seattle, Washington - October 30, 2005
© 2005 Chief Moon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anaheim, CA - 4th November - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
November 4th, 2005 09:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well, even that it's just 6:35 overthere, too early to rock but I think it's time to start a thread 'cause the band will be on stage... yeah... on of those nights

Now let me tall you that I received an invitation this Monday to attend this show with my great friend Fernando Aceves but couldn't make it as my visa expired (it was a permanent visa, and before it was a working visa and before was an I-20 visa for students) but now I'm an illegal alien LOL my other option to enter is as Spanish but my Spanish password is not updated so I can't enter the USA

Rats

But on the other hand I finally have tix for my first show this tour!!

Fernando is going to give me some pix tomorrow as he is there as a fan and not as press

Last tour we have Philly pix before the stones reached the b-stage, that was the quickest pic in the whole tour

Let's wait

Again with thanks to Shidoobeeland and IORR,

The set list from http://www.iorr.org/tour05/la1.htm

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Oh No Not You Again
6. Ruby Tuesday
7. It's Only Rock' n Roll
8. Bitch
9. (The Night Time is) The Right Time
--- Introductions
10. Slipping Away (Keith)
11. Infamy (Keith)
12. Miss You (to small stage)
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off Of My Cloud
15. Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
16. Sympathy for the Devil
17. Paint It Black
18. Brown Sugar
19. Satisfaction
20. You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
21. Jumpin' Jack Flash (encore)

Show start : 9:10 p.m.
Show end : 11:10 p.m.
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
November 4th, 2005 10:01 PM
Gazza I was at the last show in Anaheim just 3 years ago on Wednesday

They were fucking brilliant that night - even though I was so far from the stage I was practically in Mexico, it was the best stadium show I've ever seen the Stones give.

If the folks in attendance get a show even half as good, it'll be one to remember
November 4th, 2005 10:44 PM
Poplar
Welcome to California, boys!
November 4th, 2005 10:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl obJM "The west is the best... "
November 4th, 2005 10:48 PM
pdog
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
obJM "The west is the best... "

Yes, it is... I would be in LaLa land tonight if not for so many frigging responsibilties at home. SF, soon, very soon.
Fresno, still a maybe!
November 4th, 2005 10:53 PM
charlotte Voodoo, mac calling you tonight?
November 4th, 2005 11:07 PM
Poplar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Fresno, still a maybe!

i'm in there like swimwear.
November 4th, 2005 11:38 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
charlotte wrote:
Voodoo, mac calling you tonight?

As you know we both give him our numbers and I'm waiting with my computer on, probably he will call you as it will be cheaper, and he won't be translating to Spanish "Préndeme", "me traes rockanroleando"
November 4th, 2005 11:42 PM
GimmeExile Tonight is the first of seven shows the Stones are playing in California this month...Pretty cool!
November 5th, 2005 12:09 AM
pdog
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Tonight is the first of seven shows the Stones are playing in California this month...Pretty cool!

It's a big state. We got 3 NFL teams, 5 Baseball teams, and one washed up actor running the joint.
No smoking please and try our wonderful $12 Lattes!
Oh, and don't feed the homeless! They'll just poop in your doorway!
November 5th, 2005 12:37 AM
LadyJane 1) Start Me Up (approx. 9:15 start)
2) YGMR
3) She's So Cold
4) Tumbling Dice
5) Oh No Not You Again
November 5th, 2005 01:15 AM
time is on my side Has The Worst been dumped from the setlist or will it make a surprise comeback in future shows????

Keith sings SLIPPING AWAY for the second show in a row!!!
Could it be the start of another streak with the new one being SLIPPING AWAY and INFAMY????
November 5th, 2005 01:53 AM
Poplar
quote:
pdog wrote:
No smoking please and try our wonderful $12 Lattes!
Oh, and don't feed the homeless! They'll just poop in your doorway!

Yes on 74, 75, 76, and 77... no on the rest.

November 5th, 2005 02:19 AM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Yes on 74, 75, 76, and 77... no on the rest.

I'm moving on election day. Never missed a vote in CA... Must make it!
November 5th, 2005 05:01 AM
Jeep Articles & pictures LA Daily News :

Stones pitch hits at Angel Stadium
Fred Shuster, Music Critic
11/05/2005 12:00:00 AM

http://www.dailynews.com/entertainment/ci_3185823

There was so much flashy Rolling Stones-wear being strutted around Angel Stadium in the hours leading up to the act's concert Friday, you'd have thought the entire crowd of nearly 40,000 was part of the stage crew.
And that was exactly the impression Mick Jagger and his self-mythologizing sidekicks wanted to impart in a two-hour hits-packed set that saw dancing in the aisles and singing in the stands as a multi-generational mix soaked in the sheer professionalism of one of the concert industry's few sure bets.

The Stones, who move to the relatively intimate Hollywood Bowl for sold-out dates Sunday and Tuesday, were in stadium mode in Anaheim, and that meant a combo of guaranteed crowd-pleasers and mediocre new material that seemed to be designed to give everyone a breather.

Fireworks crackled the moment Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts and a select group of ringers kicked off with "Start Me Up," bringing the baseball venue to an early boil. At four decades and counting, these guys are still all things rock - even though top tickets went for $450 and special access was afforded American Express "black card" holders.

The band hit all the right notes - a fantastic "Tumblin' Dice," the evergreen "Honky Tonk Women," a still-compelling "Sympathy for the Devil," and a tribute to Ray Charles in a cover of "(Night Time Is) the Right Time." Certainly, a more appropriate Charles tune from the same era would've been "Greenbacks," but it was obvious enough who the moneyed classes were Friday in Orange County.

While the majority of ticketholders were grey haired, a number of fans were far younger, and they were among the most enthusiastic. Others brought young kids, and by the time Jagger began preening to "Brown Sugar," a caravan of dads carrying sleeping toddlers was already moving towards the exits.

It was a sturdy, entertaining show, highlighted by use of a mobile smaller stage that traveled out onto the arena floor, giving fans a closer look at the musicians during "Miss You," before the band returned to the big stage for an encore of "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and "Jumping Jack Flash."

Good solid Stones concert, but you couldn't help thinking the guys were saving their A-game for the Bowl.
November 5th, 2005 05:17 AM
stoneslib I did the best I could in the poor light of the stadium B-stage with a small digicam. Some decent samples here.

Harold
[Edited by stoneslib]
November 5th, 2005 05:35 AM
FotiniD Hey Harold, these are great! Thanks a lot!
Especially this one, it really made my day:

Lovely Thanks!

P.S. Hey, and isn't Ronnie looking straight at you in the second pic? Great job! What camera are you using?
[Edited by FotiniD]
November 5th, 2005 06:36 AM
throbby Very nice stoneslib, very nice! Thanks for sharing them.
November 5th, 2005 07:34 AM
Lavendar BuuuuuTeafull! *_-
November 5th, 2005 08:12 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for sharing your great photos stoneslib!!

LJ, did you stay up for the setlist?!!! You go girl!!!
November 5th, 2005 09:18 AM
midnightmagic Face lift for Keith?
November 5th, 2005 10:20 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey Harold! You frigging rule the school what a great bunch, hard to decide which will be the header
November 5th, 2005 10:24 AM
mac_daddy i am so sorry about the calls...

i left ricks # at home, and the cell wouldnt let me dial int'l

i really tried, and will have a better system ready by sunday...

the show was terrific, as were our seats (floor/field) left side...

bitch was fun to hear - have they played that one yet this tour..?

paint it black was great, hell - they all were great! a really fun show, the band sounded good, the setlist was pretty solid (i enjoyed slipping away more than i would have the worst, but i still wanted lil t+a)

i am SOO happy i went to go see them in anaheim (i usually shy away from stadium events)

mrs macdaddy had a blast, too, and it was her first time seeing the band.

next stop - hollywood bowl!

November 5th, 2005 10:27 AM
mac_daddy forgot to mention...

bobby keys was there, and he did the horn solo for brown sugar. i was hoping he would tear it up in the middle of ycagwyw, but he didnt appear...

November 5th, 2005 10:27 AM
mac_daddy oh - terrific photos. thanks for sharing...
November 5th, 2005 10:28 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
hard to decide which will be the header

Well, to make a full day to our Greek Goddess, Richards by Colson is up.
November 5th, 2005 11:09 AM
mickmask
quote:
stoneslib wrote:
I did the best I could in the poor light of the stadium B-stage with a small digicam. Some decent samples here.

Harold
[Edited by stoneslib]

JEEZUSS!!
The best you could?!!
Those are fantastic!...Thanks.

mm.
November 5th, 2005 11:32 AM
Make It Funky Could I ask how Toots & the Maytals were?? Does anyone recall their setlist / performance??

Cheers!
November 5th, 2005 11:37 AM
stoneslib Thank you, everyone, for the kind comments. The camera is a Nikon Coolpix 7900 - small enough not to look threatening to the ushers.

I think Keith's smooth features are from slightly soft focus and a marginal shutter speed. Ronnie was looking down at someone bit to the left of me, I'm sure.

Harold
November 5th, 2005 12:19 PM
LadyJane Outstanding photos Harold!!!!! Thank you!

quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
LJ, did you stay up for the setlist?!!! You go girl!!!

Yes I did MEG........and I'm hurting today because of it.

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)