ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Baron Wolman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nankerache Lives! Return to archive
November 25th, 2004 12:33 PM
telecaster You guys win. I can't compete. I concede defeat and acknowledge your victory

I am watching the Thanksgiving Day parade with my Mom & Dad
bored out of my mind

Suddenly, out of nowhere here it comes

Some guy in full coattails, top hat and cane with a full troop of dancing girls IDENTICAL to the outfits in the infamous Nankeracache photo do some song and dance routine
from some Broadway show

My Dad changes the channel

tele: NO DAD! I want to see that!

Dad: Why?

tele: Just keep it on for a second

I start laughing. Uncontrollably. I am laughing so hard I start to cry. Uncontrollably.

The famous Nankerache photo has become a living, breathing
thing and is dancing down the streets of New York on national television

All I can think of is nanky, gypsy & Lady Jane all dancing down the streets of New York on national television

I am laughing so hard I can't talk

Mom to Dad: "What is this all about?"

Dad: "I don't know but he wants to watch it"

Mom: "Has he been drinking yet"

Dad: "Who knows? It is Thanksgiving"

I still can't speak. Tears are pouring out of my eyes

I get up without saying a word and walk outside too contain myself

At this point my parents thinks I am 1.) Gay. or 2.) hitting the booze too often and too early

Thanks guys.....
November 25th, 2004 01:15 PM
LadyJane Whew...it's cold out there....I just stepped into the Plaza to warm up...Nanky and gyspy are signing autographs.

tele...glad you enjoyed the show.....sorry gotta run...more photo ops!!!!

ROTFLMAO.

LJ.
November 25th, 2004 01:49 PM
gypsy I'm laughing my ass off. Thanks, tele! I'm so glad we could make you laugh today. Your parents are probably like "Huh? What's wrong with our son? Where did we go wrong?"
I did kinda the same thing (but not nearly as funny as yor experience) after I worked on the "Nankerace"--I went to bed, but would just giggle uncontrollably at random. The boyfriend was probably wondering what the hell was wrong with me, but never said anything.
I just got online a while ago...but only because I slept late. Tele, I tried to watch the parade, but idiot boyfriend is watching the Speed channel...some kind of monster car or motorcycle all-day marathon. Great.
Thanksgiving is so overrated.
But I'm Thankful for this board and all the wonderful friends I have here.
JJF, ya think joey's thoughts are wondering off to "Cafe Hostess Jill" today?
November 25th, 2004 03:41 PM
telecaster http://channels.netscape.com/ns/holidays/thanksgiving/gallery.jsp?gname=thanksgiving03_celebparade

I am not crazy

I am not crazy

I am not crazy

I am not crazy

November 25th, 2004 05:46 PM
Monkey Woman And look at your thread title! Tele, you're not going crazy -- it's just a bout of Nankerache!
November 25th, 2004 07:59 PM
gypsy OMG! Tele, that is hilarious. LJ and I talked on the phone today about this thread, and we were laughing so hard! Thank you for the laughs...and I know LJ is going to crack up at the link you provided.

Yes, MonkeyWoman, I noticed that Nanker-ache. ha! I figured I'd let tele off the hook since he was probably laughing so hard, and now his parents think he's gay and/or a drunken fool.
November 25th, 2004 10:25 PM
Trey Krimsin I told you people there was an audience for Nankerace, but you didn't believe me.

WHY DIDN'T YOU BELIEVE ME!!!!!!

Absolutely hilarious, I must say.
November 25th, 2004 11:38 PM
gypsy Thanks, Trey! How was your Thanksgiving?
November 25th, 2004 11:49 PM
Trey Krimsin Not so good. I had to work. I did come home though and had some great food with good company.

Right now, I'm letting Mick preach to me that I can't always get what I want. I've been reliving some old memories and unfortunately, old feelings are renewed. Maybe some Stones can help heal some wounds.
November 26th, 2004 12:52 AM
gypsy I'm sorry to hear that, Trey. You're such a sweet guy. Things will look up! You're going to get to see the Stones in '05--and you better come to our RO gathering!
November 26th, 2004 08:26 AM
Trey Krimsin Thanks for the kind words, Gypsy. If the cashflow is good, maybe I'll come to the RO gathering. One other problem: I don't know where it is!

Anyway, back to the subject. Does anyone think Nankerace will make an appearance at Christmas, or sooner?
November 26th, 2004 11:09 AM
LadyJane

I had to see pics together.

tele...your post made me laugh ALL day yesterday and I needed it. gypsy DID read it to me over the phone as I was driving to Thanksgiving Dinner. I had to pull the car over...I couldn't drive and she couldn't talk. We were laughing THAT hard.

tele..howe are your Parents holding up??? I'm very worried about them.

LJ.
November 27th, 2004 09:11 AM
nankerphelge That's pretty funny Tele -- I can just picture it!
I saw one of those show-tune types in the Thanksgiving Day parade too (not the same one in the pics tho)!!

Hope everyone had a good T-day -- at least better than:

Dispute over turkey blamed for stabbings
By Associated Press
Friday, November 26, 2004

WORCESTER, Mass. - A man was charged with stabbing two relatives who allegedly criticized his table manners during Thanksgiving dinner.

Police said the fight broke out when Gonzalo Ocasio, Jr., 18, and his father, Gonzalo Ocasio, 49, reprimanded an uncle for picking at the turkey with his fingers, instead of slicing off pieces with a knife, the Worcester Telegram & Gazette reported Friday.

The uncle, Frank Palacious, 24, of Worcester, allegedly responded by stabbing them with a carving knife.

The father and son were being treated for stab wounds at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center.

A nursing supervisor said Friday she had no information on the younger Ocasio's condition. Police said he suffered stab wounds to the chest, back and right side. His father was treated for a stab wound in his arm.

Palacious is charged with two counts of domestic assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and assault with intent to murder, Detective Sgt. Thomas R. Radula said.
November 27th, 2004 01:14 PM
gypsy Thanks, Nanky. I will make a mental note to have only plastic utensils and Chinet on hand for every Thanksgiving for the rest of my life.