ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Baron Wolman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie putting it about again Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 25th, 2004 11:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man Okay Zeeta, one more!

Do you like Suede?

I think they lost it a bit after Bernard Butler went, but their debut is amazing.

I actually met Brett Anderson when I worked at the Passport Office. He's a complete arse!
November 25th, 2004 11:14 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Okay Zeeta, one more!

Do you like Suede?

I think they lost it a bit after Bernard Butler went, but their debut is amazing.

I actually met Brett Anderson when I worked at the Passport Office. He's a complete arse!

Suede leaders have formed a brand new band nowadays, right?
November 25th, 2004 11:20 AM
Honky Tonk Man Yep, they are called The Tears.

November 25th, 2004 11:22 AM
Zeeta I don't know - you got me there! Of course Bret is a pleb - I could have guessed that!

My girlfriend loves their early stuff but I quited liked the, with hindsight awful, album Coming Up. But their early stuff is meant to be amazing, Butler gets so much critical praise its unbeleiveable.
Then again my girlfriend loved that McAlmont and Butler tune and album - "Yes" which displeased me.

Have you embraced the Kings of Leon yet?!! Their new album ain't as good as 1st but you wouldn't know cos they displease you!
November 25th, 2004 08:44 PM
Soldatti Another great pic Zeeta!
November 26th, 2004 07:26 AM
Honky Tonk Man My girlfriend really likes the early Suede as well.

You should check out their Singles cd. It contains so many great songs. They�re early out put such as The Drowners, Animal Nitrate, So Young and We Are The Pigs, is by far they�re best stuff, but they still bought out some good tunes after Bernard Butler left. The Beautiful Ones, Trash and Electricity are all on there.

Indeed Zeeta, yes I have embraced The Kings Of Leon. Well, slight correction there, I have TRIED to embrace them. I quite like their first album, but A Ha Shake Heartbreak is in my opinion, a little dull. They look cool, but I keep nodding off when I put the cd on.

Alex
November 26th, 2004 07:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

Happy Mondays - Thrills Pills and Belly Aches is one of my favourite of all time. Bobs yer Uncle is funky as shit and they are good live if Shaun Ryder hasn't overdone it backstage!

Much preferred Black Grape, myself. Especially that first album
November 26th, 2004 07:43 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
My girlfriend really likes the early Suede as well.

You should check out their Singles cd. It contains so many great songs. They�re early out put such as The Drowners, Animal Nitrate, So Young and We Are The Pigs, is by far they�re best stuff, but they still bought out some good tunes after Bernard Butler left. The Beautiful Ones, Trash and Electricity are all on there.

Indeed Zeeta, yes I have embraced The Kings Of Leon. Well, slight correction there, I have TRIED to embrace them. I quite like their first album, but A Ha Shake Heartbreak is in my opinion, a little dull. They look cool, but I keep nodding off when I put the cd on.

Alex

Yes I may get that Suede "Singles" disc the the "old lady" does love them.
KoL look like inbreds! But admittedly pretty cool inbreds!

OK Honker - Kasabian...Haven't got the album yet but they sound really good and all my mates love 'em - whadayareckon??!
November 26th, 2004 07:46 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Much preferred Black Grape, myself. Especially that first album

I too liked Black Grape and especially Kelly's Heros "Don't talk to me about your heros, most of these guys sing like Suggs!"
Not as good as Happy Mondays though surely you see this Gazza - just fuck you will ya?!
November 26th, 2004 07:53 AM
Gazza LOL..this "fuck you" shit is catching..

nah..much preferred Black Grape actually...!!

I saw Kasabian open for The Who back in June. They werent bad, actually. Doubt I'd rush out and buy their album, though..
November 26th, 2004 08:37 AM
Honky Tonk Man I have never heard Kasbian.

Zeeta, are you going to buy the Babyshambles single? You never know with Pete Doherty, this could be they're only release!

Yes, get Suedes Singles album. You can pick it up quite cheaply in HMV.

Ahh, so you have an older bird too?
November 26th, 2004 09:11 AM
Zeeta Yeah - but only by like 6 months...she ROCKS though she can *almost *drink me under the table!

Your bird isn't like 40 or something is she!?!?

A M.I.L.F!?!
November 26th, 2004 09:35 AM
Honky Tonk Man 40? LOL, you cheeky bastard!

She's 27 and I'm 21.

She doesn't understand why I like the music she listend to when she was doing her GCSE's.

She can drink you under the table? My one drinks like a fish but normally ends up under the table. Oh my goodness, the storys I could tell
November 26th, 2004 09:42 AM
Zeeta 27 - you player! I bet she's taught you some tricks in the bedroom!
November 26th, 2004 09:54 AM
Honky Tonk Man Yes, I suppose she did teach me one or two things, NOT that I was a complete novice before I met her!

What are you up too tonight?

I'm going out localy tonight and getting trashed in Camden on Saturday night. Will have to go somewhere which isn't too studenty, or she'll feel old
November 26th, 2004 10:10 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Yes, I suppose she did teach me one or two things, NOT that I was a complete novice before I met her!

What are you up too tonight?

I'm going out localy tonight and getting trashed in Camden on Saturday night. Will have to go somewhere which isn't too studenty, or she'll feel old

LOL! Why don't you get down the local workings men's club she'll feel like new in there! LOL! I'd kill for an older chick - all good I say!

Tonight I am going to drink some bottles of Merlot from Chile and then head accross to this pub in Leeds which sells shit loads of real ale and Erdinger etc etc. I will be ripped!

The pub is a smoke free pub which I find bizarre! I only quit a few months ago and a trip to the pub isn't complete unless you come back smelling like a ciggarette!

Go to the Bricklayers Arms in Hoxton area - its a proper dirty pub and always live music!

November 26th, 2004 10:32 AM
Honky Tonk Man Working Men�s Clubs? HA!

She quite likes these trendy modern places at the moment. Anywhere where you can't get in wearing jeans and a t-shirt, she wants to frequent. Between you, and me I think it's a little ploy on her part for me to smarten up my act! It does work on occasions. Will be wearing shoes and a shirt on Saturday, but only because we�re going to a good club.

You�ve packed in the ciggies? Well-done mate! DEEP DOWN, I suspect I want to do the same, but, damn, they go so well with beer.. and vodka.. and after dinner.. and before bed.. and after sex... and with your coffee in the morning...

Pretty soon of course, all pubs will be smoke free.

Alex
November 26th, 2004 04:40 PM
keith_tif Gaza, you're right the swedish band are the Cardigans
Tanks
Page: 1 2