ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Baron Wolman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie putting it about again Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 24th, 2004 06:28 AM
Hannalee Stones man plays with Charlatans

Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood is teaming up with indie band The Charlatans for one of a series of charity concerts in December.
The Hero2Hero gigs will see stars perform with their musical heroes, and will also feature rapper Estelle alongside jazz icon Roy Ayers.

Hip hop acts NORE and Big Daddy Kane play the final concert on 9 December at London Shepherds Bush Empire.

The gigs are in aid of music therapy charity Nordoff-Robbins.

'Very different'

Estelle, who has had top 20 hits with 1980 and Free, will play the first of the three concerts on 7 December.

The following night Ronnie Wood, who left The Faces to join The Rolling Stones in 1975, will play with The Charlatans.

"The show will be very different from any other Charlatans show as Ronnie will guest on some Charlatans songs and the band will return the favour by playing tracks from Ronnie's back catalogue," the indie band's website stated.

The series was inspired by the regular Hero2Hero section in style magazine Dazed and Confused, in which artists interview each other.

November 24th, 2004 06:39 AM
Jumacfly i d like to hear again " I can feel the fire", my fav Ronnie song!
November 24th, 2004 06:58 AM
Honky Tonk Man Why is Ronnie knocking about with the Charlatans?

I suppose it's better then fooling about on stage with Stereophonics. Erughh!
November 24th, 2004 07:01 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Why is Ronnie knocking about with the Charlatans?

I suppose it's better then fooling about on stage with Stereophonics. Erughh!

Indeed pal! I guess Ron just needs the practice!

Stereophonics are maybe the most Welsh band on the planet - they even have a Jones in there! They make me weep and confused!
November 24th, 2004 08:03 AM
Bruno Stone Zeeta, who`s this guy with Mick in the pic? What year? It says ``mick meets mick``, who mick, Mick Jones?
November 24th, 2004 08:05 AM
Zeeta Yeah mate - Mick Jagger on left Mick Jones on right - finest!
November 24th, 2004 08:06 AM
Gazza yes

That pic is taken during the Stones '82 tour. It looks like the same shirt Mick wore when interviewed backstage in Bristol for "The Tube" TV show so its either from then or one of the Wembley shows a couple of days earlier, I think.
November 24th, 2004 08:09 AM
Zeeta Looks like a fat Roger Daltry in the doorway as well!
November 24th, 2004 09:05 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
Zeeta, who`s this guy with Mick in the pic? What year? It says ``mick meets mick``, who mick, Mick Jones?

mick jones, in case you were not sure, is one of the founding members of the clash - he played guitar and sang some of the tunes...
November 24th, 2004 03:08 PM
Hannalee
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Looks like a fat Roger Daltry in the doorway as well!

Are you mad?
November 24th, 2004 03:58 PM
F505 The more Ronnie rehearses the better
November 24th, 2004 04:00 PM
keith_tif Music of Charlatans and Stereophonics are very good! The Charlatans are an indie swedish band, are they?

And the Clash are one of my favorite band!!
November 24th, 2004 05:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
Hannalee wrote:

Are you mad?

actually, as Joey has correctly pointed out in another thread that pic is taken backstage at a Who concert, where the Clash was opening act (presumably Shea Stadium in October 1982, then) - theres one I've seen of Mick Jagger wearing the same clothes but with Townshend.

Dont think thats Roger in the doorway, although theres definitely a facial resemblance. That was the tour in which he had the "Silver Elvis" - style quiff....
[Edited by Gazza]
November 24th, 2004 05:50 PM
Hannalee Hair's too dark. Actually, the bloke on the right, behind MJ, looks the most like Roger (the recent vintage) of anyone in that pic.
November 24th, 2004 09:05 PM
Soldatti Is Ronnie a Stones' member still?
November 24th, 2004 09:06 PM
Soldatti BTW, great pic Zeeta
November 24th, 2004 11:34 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

mick jones, in case you were not sure, is one of the founding members of the clash - he played guitar and sang some of the tunes...

BAD
November 25th, 2004 05:22 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
keith_tif wrote:
Music of Charlatans and Stereophonics are very good! The Charlatans are an indie swedish band, are they?

And the Clash are one of my favorite band!!

Noooo... The Charlatans are really, the last surviving band from the late 80's - early 90's "Madchester Scene" Along with other bands like The Stone Roses and The Happy Mondays, they created a new sound and attitude by merging Rock with the Acid House craze.

Great examples of this include Fools Gold by The Stone Roses and Step On by the Happy Mondays.

Alex
November 25th, 2004 07:11 AM
Jumacfly stereophonics last record is fairly good..
November 25th, 2004 07:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
keith_tif wrote:
The Charlatans are an indie swedish band, are they?

I think you're thinking of The Cardigans
November 25th, 2004 09:39 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
stereophonics last record is fairly good..

No it isn't, well I haven't heard it, but I'm sure it isn't!

One word to describe Kelly Jones and co: BLAND
November 25th, 2004 09:49 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

No it isn't, well I haven't heard it, but I'm sure it isn't!

well, there are good gems, i ve seen their 1999 live and their last album is far better...
DL it alex!!!
November 25th, 2004 09:53 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I can think of a better one word for Kelly Jones and co: TURDS
November 25th, 2004 09:59 AM
Honky Tonk Man Zeeta, do you like The Charlatans, Stone Roses and The Hapy Mondays?
November 25th, 2004 10:00 AM
Jumacfly TURDS!!! LOL

TWATS may be???
November 25th, 2004 10:24 AM
Honky Tonk Man Stereoponics are just a bloody awful band. I hate Kelly Jones rasp and their ex-drummer Stuart Cable�s poodle perm. He looks more like a member of Gazza�s favourite band, Bon Jovi.

IN TRUTH, a couple of songs off their debut are okay, but everything since is to be frank, piss poor.

Madam Helga, Handbags And Glad rags, their AWFUL version of Don�t Bring Me Down and do you know their worst moment?

BA, BA BA BA, BA BA BA BA BA, BA, BA BA BA, BA, BA BA BA BA� HAVE A NICE DAY

Enough said I think.
November 25th, 2004 10:27 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
and do you know their worst moment?

BA, BA BA BA, BA BA BA BA BA, BA, BA BA BA, BA, BA BA BA BA� HAVE A NICE DAY

Enough said I think.

LOL Alex,have a nice day too
i promise i won t talk anymore about this band here, ok???
November 25th, 2004 10:37 AM
Honky Tonk Man Thank You Jumacfly. I am very bored today. I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out how many BA'S were in the intro to that song and now it's stuck in my head!
November 25th, 2004 10:56 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Zeeta, do you like The Charlatans, Stone Roses and The Hapy Mondays?

Yeah, got nearly all Charlatan's albums and have seen live a couple of times in Manchester; newest album is crappy though.

Stone Roses are great but I have listened to them too much when I was 16 and have worn out their magic! But of course they were amazin - a 7 year gap between realeasin their albums and too much coke was the end.

Happy Mondays - Thrills Pills and Belly Aches is one of my favourite of all time. Bobs yer Uncle is funky as shit and they are good live if Shaun Ryder hasn't overdone it backstage!

November 25th, 2004 10:59 AM
Blind Dog McGhee saw a Charlatans UK video last night. nice haircuts.
Page: 1 2