ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Baron Wolman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: satanic majesties album cover Return to archive
November 22nd, 2004 05:29 PM
egon I never knew this.

From http://www.eeggs.com

Their Satanic Majesties Request (The Rolling Stones) - Hidden Faces

As all Sixties music fans will know, the Rollings Stones' album Their Satanic Majesties Request was their psychedelic answer to The Beatles' Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band album. On the Sgt. Peppers album cover, their is a Shirley Temple doll (far right) wearing a shirt that has the words on it, "Welcome The Rolling Stones." As a friendly payback tribute, The Stones hid the faces of the four Beatles in the 3-D photo on the Satanic Majesties album cover. George Harrison's face is the easiest to spot. It's below Charlie Watt's arm (far right). John Lennon's face is just above the camel figure's hump (lower right foreground). Paul McCartney and Ringo are much harder to see, due to the blurred effect of the 3-D photo. Paul's face is to the left (the viewer's left) of Charlie Watt's right arm. Paul's face is tilted to the left and well hidden in the yellow-white flowers. Ringo's face is on the far right side of the photo. Their is a large red flower with a yellow center that looks like a large eye covering Bill Wyman's left arm. Ringo's face is just right of the flower, blending with the red flowers around his face.
If you don't have the vinyl album, you'll have to use the cd cover, but you'll only find George and John. The photo used for the cd was cropped, so Paul's and Ringo's faces were cut off. Have fun hunting.

November 22nd, 2004 06:46 PM
Mel Belli I'll be damned. I didn't know that either.
November 22nd, 2004 10:25 PM
Soldatti Wow, I'm checking the cover now.
November 22nd, 2004 11:27 PM
Soldatti It's true, the CD's version only have John's and George's faces:

November 23rd, 2004 07:19 AM
Mr Hess I still have the original album with the 3-D cover.
November 23rd, 2004 06:03 PM
corgi37 Man, i cant believe you people didnt know this. I thought it was pretty well known Stones lore.

They were buddies, you know!
November 23rd, 2004 07:35 PM
crb69 wow, I forgot all about that since High School back in 1987!

How many stamps did you have to lick before you found 'em?

lol
November 23rd, 2004 08:00 PM
Mr. D
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Man, i cant believe you people didnt know this. I thought it was pretty well known Stones lore.

They were buddies, you know!

Yea, i thought the same. It is a pretty cool trick from both bands. I liked how on the 25X5 tape, Keith said the Beatles and Stones would call each other and see when their next albums were coming out so the release dates didn't land on the same week.