ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Baron Wolman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "I don't know the reason why" Return to archive
November 22nd, 2004 04:54 PM
headshrinker i've got this outtake from the exile sessions called "i don't know the reason why". its a blues and it rocks but i can't work out how keith is playing what ever it is he's playing. is he in a different tuning coz it sounds sort of john lee hooker.

thanx
November 22nd, 2004 04:57 PM
Gazza cant help you on that front, but did you get the very long version that goes on for almost eleven minutes? (some bootlegged versions were shorter)

great track
November 22nd, 2004 05:01 PM
Moonisup where can I find that version Gazza? On wich boot?
November 22nd, 2004 06:25 PM
J.J.Flash I think you can find it on "Black Box".
November 22nd, 2004 07:40 PM
glencar It was also on Gas-X's Stones Got The Blues compiliation. Heavy song.
November 22nd, 2004 08:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
where can I find that version Gazza? On wich boot?

as well as those mentioned above, its on "Main Street Revisited" - the Mickboy 2-CD remaster of "Exile" - all 11 minutes and 37 seconds of it!

I've just copied the set for you and its in the mail tomorrow with that Tokyo '90 gig Ive been promising to send you for ages (I just got my DVD burner up and running last week so instead of sending you a video of that show, youre getting a DVD )
[Edited by Gazza]
November 22nd, 2004 09:23 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

as well as those mentioned above, its on "Main Street Revisited" - the Mickboy 2-CD remaster of "Exile" - all 11 minutes and 37 seconds of it!

I've just copied the set for you and its in the mail tomorrow with that Tokyo '90 gig Ive been promising to send you for ages (I just got my DVD burner up and running last week so instead of sending you a video of that show, youre getting a DVD )
[Edited by Gazza]

a-ha! so you do dig the mickboy remasters..? main st revisited is a good one...
November 22nd, 2004 09:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

a-ha! so you do dig the mickboy remasters..? main st revisited is a good one...

oh yes. I've always been a big fan of them!!

Some are better than others. I think GHS especially is a huge improvement on the muddy mix thats on the original
November 22nd, 2004 09:31 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

oh yes. I've always been a big fan of them!!

Some are better than others. I think GHS especially is a huge improvement on the muddy mix thats on the original

yep.

i like rags to riches alot, too...

listend to only when it's frozen last weeken, and still think it sounds great, and then threw on get your kicks on this (vol 2 and 3), which sounds even better!!! is there a volume 1?
November 22nd, 2004 09:33 PM
Gazza theres bound to be...Ive lost track..lol

we'll have to compile some sort of Mickboy checklist here of all the albums to see if theres any we miss!
November 22nd, 2004 09:34 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
theres bound to be...Ive lost track..lol

we'll have to compile some sort of Mickboy checklist here of all the albums to see if theres any we miss!

absolutely!
November 22nd, 2004 10:22 PM
Zack
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I've just copied the set for you and its in the mail tomorrow [Edited by Gazza]

Hey Gazza, what's up?
November 22nd, 2004 11:00 PM
Soldatti I never liked this track, maybe is the bad sound of my boot.
November 23rd, 2004 07:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zack wrote:

Hey Gazza, what's up?

Hi Zack - get your package yet? It was sent about 10-14 days ago! Hope you like it!
November 23rd, 2004 10:40 AM
Zack Not yet. Thanks in advance!
November 23rd, 2004 05:53 PM
corgi37 Is this the same song from Metomorphasis? The Stevie Wonder song?
November 23rd, 2004 06:03 PM
Gazza No..thats "I Dont Know Why"..different song entirely

That song was cut at Olympic in July '69 (in fact, so the story goes, it was the very song they were working on when they got the phone call telling them Brian had drowned). "I Dont Know The Reason Why" (sometimes bootlegged as "Hillside Blues")is an original composition and comes from Los Angeles, recorded in October 1969
[Edited by Gazza]
November 23rd, 2004 06:37 PM
glencar Oh, so THAT'S what "Hillside Blues" is!