ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Baron Wolman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What crazy things have you done in Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 20th, 2004 08:49 PM
gorda What crazy things have you done in order to get close to the Stones?

I have sent Micky, several faxes to his hotels when he was on tour in Spain! Then, I called the front desk to see if they were delivered! And, this guy assured me that they handed Micky my faxes! So, he got them! But, he didn't call me! Damn!

Plus, when he was in India, I called his hotel! And, I talked to the people that were staying down the hall from him! I kept calling and calling, and the ladies at the front desk kept teasing me! Asking me for the "magic word". I tried and tried, but I could never guess it! Then, months later, I got a $400.00 phone bill!

I also called this recording studio in Paris, where the Stones were supposedly recording. I left him several messages!

I guess, it wasn't in the cards . . . sigh . . .
November 20th, 2004 08:58 PM
Scot Rocks Spent 60 quid on membership to RS.com to buy �100 concert tickets.
November 20th, 2004 11:21 PM
kath somebody tell me what a "quid" is monetarily speaking. i understand pound pence but not "quid"...how much is a quid in american money?
November 21st, 2004 05:45 AM
egon I once bought a ticket to a concert and then showed up really early, so i could be right in front of the stage.
I actually done that several times. I'm a crazy stalker.
November 21st, 2004 05:45 AM
egon quid = pound
November 21st, 2004 05:46 AM
egon pound = euro 1.50. 1 euro = usd 1.29
[Edited by egon]
November 21st, 2004 06:49 AM
corgi37 Well, it wasnt really the Stones, but Jaggers solo tour here in 88.

I knew he did Gimme Shelter from the crowd. Being inspired by "Let me Go" from the 81 movie, i assumed he would go up the aisle. Now, i was in the middle of my row (floor, 14 rows from front, Satriani side). So, as the chick began to wail the intro, my mates got out of the way, and i stood by the aisle, waiting to slap his hand.

Of course, he appeared on the other side of my row. If i stayed, and then went the other way, i would have been in arms reach.

Having said that, i got pretty close at the Corner Hotel "seceret" gig!
November 21st, 2004 04:35 PM
gorda
quote:
egon wrote:
I once bought a ticket to a concert and then showed up really early, so i could be right in front of the stage.
I actually done that several times. I'm a crazy stalker.

Hmmmmmmmmm . . . I have only been to one Rolling Stones concert, and we got there really, really early!

And, then, my brother "dumped" me and went to the bar, and there I was sitting all alone in this huge staduim! And, I was like sitting there thinking, "I'm about to see the Stones, in person!"

And, this couple came and sat right next to me! Which I thought was bizarre that the man sat next to me, I mean, commen sense, his wife should have sat next to me, not him! And, then he kept bumping elbows with me! And, I didn't want to be rude and get up and move, but I did, I moved. And, then when my brother came, he had to sit next to the man! Ha!

And, then when the lady that opened the show started playing this lady started dancing and she looked so funny! I was cracking up!

And, then the Stones came on and everything was cool!

P.S. If the Stones tour again, I'm going to go to as many shows as possible! Yeah!
[Edited by gorda]
November 21st, 2004 04:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Well, it wasnt really the Stones, but Jaggers solo tour here in 88.

I knew he did Gimme Shelter from the crowd. Being inspired by "Let me Go" from the 81 movie, i assumed he would go up the aisle. Now, i was in the middle of my row (floor, 14 rows from front, Satriani side). So, as the chick began to wail the intro, my mates got out of the way, and i stood by the aisle, waiting to slap his hand.

Of course, he appeared on the other side of my row. If i stayed, and then went the other way, i would have been in arms reach.

Having said that, i got pretty close at the Corner Hotel "seceret" gig!

Corgi! You have a PM, sport!
November 21st, 2004 05:02 PM
Moonisup I've met Gazza........and survived
[Edited by Moonisup]
November 21st, 2004 05:11 PM
Gazza only because you didnt say "fuck you Gazza...will ya..."
November 21st, 2004 05:12 PM
kath LOL!!!!!

November 21st, 2004 05:25 PM
glencar I spent tons of money on the tours since 1997. I don't feel the need to get close to, uh, "Micky" but I love the group.
November 21st, 2004 07:07 PM
gustavobala i ask the keith richards's adress and furious guys call me STALKER....

November 21st, 2004 07:11 PM
gypsy fuck me gazza will ya?
I mean fuck you gazza will I?

Ah, I don't know what the hell I'm saying.
November 21st, 2004 07:16 PM
not bound to please
quote:
gorda wrote:

Plus, when he was in India, I called his hotel! And, I talked to the people that were staying down the hall from him! I kept calling and calling, and the ladies at the front desk kept teasing me! Asking me for the "magic word". I tried and tried, but I could never guess it! Then, months later, I got a $400.00 phone bill!

You are the most hilarious stalker ever!

November 21st, 2004 07:17 PM
gypsy I kind of like gorda...she's funny. She's not pesky like the other two.
November 21st, 2004 07:26 PM
CS
quote:
gorda wrote:
What crazy things have you done in order to get close to the Stones?

It's simple Gorda just post a picture of yourself in the "Show Us Your Faces" thread and Mick will call you
November 21st, 2004 07:33 PM
kath
quote:
You are the most hilarious stalker ever!

the don knotts school of stalking...
November 21st, 2004 07:51 PM
LadyJane Do you think she'd stalk me if I ever told her my "I met Mick Jagger and spent 20 minutes in his hotel suite" story.

Oh..it's true...as some of you know.

July 5, 1978...Room 811 of the Sheraton Hotel on Walden Avenue in Buffalo NY.

LJ.
November 21st, 2004 07:55 PM
gypsy I know the story. It's so cute. Save it for the book, LJ.
November 21st, 2004 07:58 PM
kath yeah...please...save it for the book, LJ....

maybe we should (excuse the expression) "pool" our books. i haven't worked on mine for a couple of years.
November 21st, 2004 08:17 PM
not bound to please
quote:
kath wrote:
yeah...please...save it for the book, LJ....

maybe we should (excuse the expression) "pool" our books. i haven't worked on mine for a couple of years.

A group book in the form of an mb may be very interesting...

This - for Josh:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=585&ncid=585&e=1&u=/nm/20041121/sc_nm/israel_locusts_dc_1

November 21st, 2004 08:24 PM
kath excellent link. i saw that earlier and thought of our little jewbo...i mean, josh.
November 21st, 2004 08:29 PM
not bound to please
quote:
kath wrote:
excellent link. i saw that earlier and thought of our little jewbo...i mean, josh.

"Curious residents swatted locusts as long as 10 cm (3.9 inches) which filled the air as they walked outside to inspect the damage. "It's like the plagues of Egypt," said one resident.

In the Bible, locusts were the eighth of 10 plagues that God inflicted on the ancient Egyptians before Pharaoh, their leader, let the Israelites go."

hmmm...

November 21st, 2004 08:29 PM
LadyJane Okay...I'll save for the book OR maybe someone will start a petition drive to get me to reveal the truth!!!!

LJ.
November 21st, 2004 09:24 PM
icydanger

quote:
Delicious," said one Israeli man in Eilat, licking his lips after picking a locust off the ground and eating it raw. "They're a delicacy fit for a king."

A Web Site in Eilat listed recipes for locusts including locust shish-kebab, locust chips (French fries) and stir-fried locusts. The recipes said it was essential to cook the insects while alive "as otherwise they become bitter."

fed the Hebrews during Exodus too?
November 22nd, 2004 09:40 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Okay...I'll save for the book OR maybe someone will start a petition drive to get me to reveal the truth!!!!

LJ.

Now, THAT I'd sign
November 22nd, 2004 09:56 AM
F505 question: What crazy things have you done in order to get close to the Stones?

answer: Nothing. I am quite normal.
November 22nd, 2004 12:23 PM
egon however someone did steal your avater...
Page: 1 2