ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 Robert Altman

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: You know you're "Too young" for your music when... Return to archive
11-26-02 10:10 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy ...you burn copies of your bootlegs for techers...

*manic grin*

Our resident assistant disciplinarian guy, who's pretty cool, really loves the Stones, so I burned him Roseland & Giant's. Today, I walk into the boss's office (as in - this is the guy who gets you in trouble if you screw up) and tell him that I'm looking for this guy who I burned the CDs for, and he says "Why?" and I say "Tell him I've got his Stones shows." and he says "Isn't that ILLEGAL?" So of course I think "Gahh! Suspension!" but then I turn my head a little...

...this guy's got Forty Licks on his stereo, blasting "Paint It Black".

"Erm..." I say.
"How are they?" he asks.
"Awesome. I've got all the New York shows if you want 'em."

Loving the Stones pays off big time. I've already narrowly avoided expulsion once this year by loving them.

Take careful note!

-tSYX --- Well you heard about the Boston... *hunh*!
11-26-02 10:16 AM
nankerphelge I had a teacher in high school that was way into the Stones. My buddies and I used to tell him how we were gonna cut class and go get a case of beer and head to the local swimming spot and get faced and listen to Mick & the boys. Poor guy. You could see it in his eyes -- he wanted so bad to be a 17-year old again -- drinking and getting lit and listening to the Stones with us!!

11-26-02 10:19 AM
Nellcote TSXY,

I'll turn it around. When visting high school, as my son is to be there next year, teachers that were there when I was ask, "Do you still follow the Stones as much as you did back wheh you were here?" I can now answer, "Does the bear &%@* in the woods", without fear of expulsion!
11-26-02 02:57 PM
Monkey Woman Cool story, TSXY! Thanks for sharing
11-26-02 03:15 PM
Maxlugar "I think "Gahh! Suspension!" but then I turn my head a little......this guy's got Forty Licks on his stereo, blasting "Paint It Black"."

Wouldn't that have been the FIRST thing you noticed?

How dare you walk into a room that is blasting Paint It Black and not notice before you even walk in!

Oh boy am I upset with you!

TheSavageYoung Maxxy!
11-26-02 03:19 PM
jb ..
[Edited by jb]
11-26-02 05:15 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
"I think "Gahh! Suspension!" but then I turn my head a little......this guy's got Forty Licks on his stereo, blasting "Paint It Black"."

Wouldn't that have been the FIRST thing you noticed?

How dare you walk into a room that is blasting Paint It Black and not notice before you even walk in!

Oh boy am I upset with you!

TheSavageYoung Maxxy!

It was on one of those iFruitastic Computers! It was blasting but only into his "Personal Happy Macintosh Space Bubble"!

Now, if it had been Dirty Work I would have recognized it immediately because the heads of the surrounding students would have been exploding.

JB, what'd ya say? I'm not gonna get mad at you. I'm wayyyy past caring. You can say whatever.

As for you, SavageYoungMaxxy, I hope I've averted your wrath enough not to be high on your list of things to destroy during your Friday Night Nolte.

Osbournes is back on tonight... deeeelicious. I feel kinda guilty watching it, though, what with his wife and all. Last time it was amusing. This time it feels like some sort of invasion of privacy.

Who's more incoherant drunk, Ronnie or Ozzy? Of course, Osbourne wins that one hands down sober - Ronnie's quite articulate sober. But hearing Ronnie on his headlining tour for Slide On This...

-tSYX --- there's Mick Taylor there, where once there was a Stone...
11-26-02 09:01 PM
Mickjagger1963 I burn shows for my Anerican History teacher...... who shares them with a bunch of otehr members of the faculty, Its pretty cool