ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 Robert Altman

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Article from 1995 Return to archive
11-25-02 11:59 PM
justinkurian Hey everyone,
I stumbled on this at Rollingstone.com. It's a great interview of Mick from December of 1995. Here's the link:

http://www.rollingstone.com/features/featuregen.asp?pid=171

And here's a great quote:

How's your hearing?

My hearing's all right. But we worry about it because they play far too loud. Sometimes I use earplugs because it gets too loud on my left ear.

Why your left ear?

Because Keith's standing on my left. [Laughter.]
11-26-02 12:09 AM
Gimme Shelter Cool interview, thanks for posting.
11-26-02 01:05 PM
hotjohnny Great article...some nice quotes! Hello everybody!
11-26-02 02:44 PM
Monkey Woman Thanks for the tip!
And here's more: a 1997 interview with the band during their Bridges to Babylon tour. Lots of funny quotes!

Keith on the setlist:
"We had enormous gunfights about which song to play. Everything was cool. Once the smoke cleared."

Mick, in answer to the question: "Have you ever performed with anything stuffed down your trousers?"
"Oh, no. Do people actually do that?"

Notes from the Babylon Bar
http://rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=16735
11-26-02 11:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great finding justinkurian!! Probably that's the best Jagger interview ever. The on-line interview posted above is just a portion. The original article also has great pix expanding Mick years since 1964 to 1995. It's a must is you collect magazines and/or interviews.

Since tomorrow is Jimi and "Ya Ya's recording" birthday, here's Mick on Jimi from that interview.

�I loved Jimi Hendrix from the beginning. The moment I saw him. I thought he was fantastic. I was an instant convert. Mr. Jimi Hendrix is the best thing I�ve ever seen. It was exciting, sexy, interesting. He didn�t have a very good voice but made up for it with his guitar. I first saw him at the at the Revolution Club in London. I was one of the six people in the club, and Jimi was playing. I couldn�t believe it. It was insane . so good and the whole idea of this kind of English band behind him, this bizarre mixture between a blues performer and a rock player with and English touch.

I was quite friendly with him. He was a really sweet guy. A bit confused. It�s the same old story: Jimi Hendrix played all over the place with all these bands. He�d been a background guitar player for donkey years and suddenly he gets what he wants, then he has to play �Purple Haze� every night. He goes �Uh, I don�t want to play �Purple Haze� every night. I don�t want to burn the guitar.� And then when everyone went off the deep end, he had to go off the deep end. He became a heroin addict�

Mick Jagger

Rolling Stone 723 - December 14, 1995

11-26-02 11:14 PM
Boomhauer Sa-weet!!!
11-26-02 11:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The whole interview is 24 pages long! (Rolling Stone Magazine size)

Get it!