ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 Robert Altman

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: songs that should have been Big hits? Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-25-02 11:26 PM
justforyou About Love is Strong, I find it a bit too easy, like you can sing along to the whole thing after hearing the first couple of lines. I never understood why Highway Chile was never released, that song is just wicked sounding...with the guitar to the left and the drums center right and the voice far right...great in headphones! Also the acoustic sounding All Down the Line from the exile outakes, wow...
11-25-02 11:28 PM
tumblingdice Amazing how different fans of the same group feel about songs. Although I don't always agree I still like to see what others think. Another one that should have been a hit but only made it to the b side was Through the Lonely Nights.....I think of you.......
11-25-02 11:31 PM
Gimme Shelter Thought of some more crucial ones:
Jiving Sister Fanny
Highwire
Down In a Hole
Bitch
Winter
Out Of Time
Going To a Go-Go (Still Life)
All the Way Down
Continental Drift
2000 Light Years From Home
Luxery
Drift Away
Hang Fire
and many, many, more...........
11-26-02 01:08 AM
shakedhandswithkeith Don`t forget

"If You Really Want To Be My Friend"
"Till The Next (time to say) Goodbye"
"Comming Down Again"

why can`t the boys play this live?
11-26-02 07:25 AM
jimnjody Under my thumb !
Such potential.
Must agree "Exile" best album .Also like Tattoo You & Voodoo Lounge.
Perhaps a Stripped 2 CD with a reworking of some of the old numbers incl Under my Thumb is overdue.
11-26-02 12:11 PM
jb Beatle lovers=Tysteel and Starbuck...
11-26-02 07:41 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote:
Beatle lovers=Tysteel and Starbuck...

lmao!!!!!!!!
11-27-02 02:09 AM
Locomotion20 Moonisup wrote:

"There is something else from liverpool, can't recall what.. "

The Scousers.
Caaarm down. Caaarm down, Our Kid !

Oh and Brookside, an everyday soap opera featuring rape, incest, murder, heroin, lesbianism, bodies under the patio, shoot outs, plagues, hostage situations, and scousers !
11-27-02 05:14 AM
Mother baby I never really thought about any of these songs needing to be "hits"...as hits, at least to me, imply mass bad taste anyway. Exile On Main Street, of course, is arguably, even still, the best album ever made....certainly in the top 5.

[Edited by Mother baby]
11-27-02 07:52 AM
F505 Mother baby wrote:
..as hits, at least to me, imply mass bad taste anyway

What about the hits the Stones made? Have people bought those great singles (Satisfaction, Miss You, Paint it black, Brown Sugar, Angie) because of their bad taste?
11-27-02 11:19 AM
Mother baby
quote:
F505 wrote:
Have people bought those great singles (Satisfaction, Miss You, Paint it black, Brown Sugar, Angie) because of their bad taste?

Of course not. But alot more Stones Songs would have been hits had good taste become more dominate. Personally I'd rather hear a "bad" Stones song than the best of most bands.
Page: 1 2