ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 Robert Altman

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Black Box Return to archive
11-23-02 09:32 AM
themadwiggler Hey I got a question for all you Stones fans.

I have an origional 3 record album set of the Rolling Stones from 1969. RSVP The Black Box.

Any ideas on what it might be worth?
11-23-02 12:16 PM
Sir Stonesalot You are gonna think I'm being smarmy with you, but I'm not.

It's worth whatever you can get someone to pay for it.

Just because some guide says that it's worth $45.00 in mint condition doesn't mean that someone will buy it for that. I have found that whether it is albums, ball cards, diecasts, whatever...price guides are pretty meaningless.

If you want a rough idea, pick up a Goldmine and see what the dealers are asking.
11-23-02 08:56 PM
themadwiggler Thanks for the word friend.

And no I didn't think you were "swarmy"?\

I'm kinda new to all this.

Thanks again
11-24-02 01:05 PM
Fiji Joe Exactly SS...I put myself through undergrad selling ball cards and it always amazed me what people would or would not pay for certain items...I once sold a cardboard standup of Shaq, which I dug out of the trash behind a grocery store for $500...had he offered as little, I would have took $15...that bought a lot of ramen noodles
11-24-02 11:37 PM
gypsymofo60 Someone once offered me 100 for Satanic Majesties with threeD cover????? Seemed a pretty stupid thing to offer when if you're that intent on having it, or something like that searching for it would seem cheaper, and prolly more fun.
11-25-02 10:40 PM
full moon VMO is selling it for $120.00 .. The set is awesome.. Great packaging and great jams...
11-26-02 08:06 AM
jimnjody What's it worth umm? Bend over ,drop your strides and for a hundred I'll have a look and give you my professional opinion.