ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 Robert Altman

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Leaving NYC Return to archive
11-23-02 06:13 AM
icydanger Nice header pic!
Thanks

I love the Rolling Stones since the 70�s,
And was enthusiastic about finding this site and forum.
Some topics (music related) are very interesting
Also the site is well kept up to date and the header pics make me want to visit.
I found here that:
One should if possible not be gay, nor Muslim, nor European, (unless one bows to every American) and to be male is a plus. White rapper is also wrong (I have the blues)

One should fit into a mould, or fight if labelled different, before being accepted.I�ve noticed a few go through ruff times here before being respected.
It�s a gore feeling and it�s as if heavy armoured police were keeping away any intruder.
In very few posts, I had to: wash my mouth, I am hypocrite, ignorant, etc�
All this does not encourage me to post, as one needs energy and time to defend ones opinions, so reading is fine, and easier, at least one does not become emotionally involved.
I am not ready for a "web star war".

I wonder if many have travelled for long periods out the States, not just in 5 stars, but also learning the language and adapting to the way others live.
The shame is in my eyes lack of tolerance

Should we all carry heavy weapons and fight just because of a few crazys? (also trained to pilot in USA and Canada by the way, wasn�t Ben Laden�s first mission for and with the USA?)
To fight for protection sure, for agression I have doubts.

I feel incapable of going into long lists of who is a RS fan, who despises the RS or who slept with so and so. Sorry
I admit reading I am curious. So thank you all for the good entertainment.

I know I didn�t introduce myself, sorry, there you are.
Others lives are the bases of my own. Heltred/Ulrich (that�s because of the metal taste in here)

11-23-02 06:19 AM
~AzQb

Yer scuzza's boyfriend, aren't you?

~RoTbFl,SpJrLsS!
11-23-02 09:03 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, Icy D(sounds like a white rapper name!), I lived abroad for a couple of years. Then, West Germany, just outside of Darmstadt. By and large, I found the people to be very nice, the beer and food delicious, the history and culture fascinating.

Of course there were also people trying to kill us. Blowing up discos known to be frequented by Americans, slitting Americans throats for their passport or military ID cards, bombing the International Terminal at an airport.

We lost a member of our pool team when a disco in Berlin blew up. My parents flew home from Frankfurt Airport a scant 5 hours before the International terminal blew up.
I'm not gonna bother telling the story about European terrorists trying to kidnap one of our Generals.

Are you saying that you honestly can't understand why we Americans are suspicious of Islamics right now?

You say aggression, I say defending.

My advice to you is to not take this stuff so personally. I know I don't. I've been called every name in the book. So what? Why get your panties in a twist because someone you don't know on an internet message board calls you a hypocrite? In the grand scheme of things...it just doesn't matter, you know?

Sure, there are dues to pay. You may get roughed up a bit before you get accepted...but that is just a feeling out process. We all go through it. We just want to see what you are all about. It's human nature. Again, not a big deal.

Stick around, we grow on you...just like mold on a peach.
11-23-02 12:19 PM
nankerphelge This place is like Baskin Robbins -- a large American business that sells lotsa flavors of ice cream (for those in Europe or elsewhere who may not have known). You can come in when you want and decide what, if anything, you feel like talking about.

It's the beauty of it -- most of it is Stones or at minimum music related. But there are diversions -- and it is entertaining.

Plenty of people come to this place from all walks, male or female, US or Euro, sane or not so. And I believe that most probably don't get it over the head when they first get here. There are obvious exceptions -- those that come here and start something up -- and if they invite abuse, it would be impolite not to accept regardless of the topic, but especially if on topics known to be particularly sensitive such as politics or religion or the beautiful mixture that the two make. Also those that come here for no good reason -- the scumbag trader for example.

By and large though, I think most people here are pretty respectful of others and their opinions. And you can always ignore those that cross any lines you might have.

If all else fails, get screamin' high
11-23-02 01:15 PM
Maxlugar I don't know about other countries....

But you could have seen my buzz from space last night.

Maxy!
11-23-02 04:19 PM
telecaster Max-I see your buzz in the picture! Damn boy, that was a good one.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights_dmsp_big.jpg
11-23-02 04:54 PM
SirMuddy Nice buzz picture.... Thankxxx!
11-24-02 07:49 AM
icydanger Thanks
Sorry about your loss Sir Stones a lot.
My sister in law was working in WTC, luckily she was off because at the end of her pregnancy. We all can be touched by terror, I would hate being a citizen of Irak right now. Until Saudia is under control well? i say protection but not aggression in foreign lands.
You are right, I shouldn�t take it personally.
I like the idea of flavours, we all have preferences.
I appreciated and saved the pic of the Nasa, humanity traces and the planet, a symbol we should care for, no matter our preferences.

11-24-02 02:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the reference header

Leaving NYC - Early Morning - June 27, 1980
Roger Ressmeyer
11-25-02 03:01 PM
icydanger The header pic
Thanks for sending it again voodoo
I like it very much
It made me laugh when I saw it first.
The context, the look on his face, drinking another glass of bourbon before leaving.
Emotionally Mixed, ready to leave the States, and fly over the planet. no sleep until the plane leaves and doze off then.