ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 Robert Altman

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Barbarians Return to archive
11-23-02 12:12 AM
full moon Any good " boots" from the barbarians out there???
11-23-02 02:36 AM
Child of the Moon I've been asking the same thing over on Gas X3. Anyone here willing to trade Barbs boots?
11-23-02 04:54 AM
marko I have 3 shows,,,one or 2 sbd�s and i just got 3cd�s of
rehearsals in sbd quality,,,,,
11-23-02 11:17 AM
fozzy I have a video from washington (i think) 1978. Its pro shot..kinda dark. ronnie is completely, utterly wasted. very funny. anyone have stuff to trade??? [email protected]
11-23-02 01:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl >>> you wrote I have a video from washington (i think) 1978

If you see the New Barbarians US Tour (*), they did not play in Washington, neither the City nor the State, and the tour was only in 1979, well, they had one additional date without Keith in 1980 at the Uptown Theater in Milwaukee.

>>> you wrote ronnie is completely, utterly wasted

ROTF, that clue is not enough as the whole New Barbarians Tour was played dead drunk and totally stoned

Gimme more details about the video and I will be able to let you know date and venue.

(*) Check Nico's On-Line CyberBibble for details about the whole Stones, Taylor and Wood works. A fantastic place. Thanks Nico!
11-23-02 01:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot He's probably talking about the Largo MD show.
11-23-02 03:54 PM
MRD8 I just made a copy for a friend this morning of the May 5, 1979 Largo, Maryland video...it is VERY dark, kinda like Ladies & Gentlemen...my copy is very clear though, low generation...I copied the Oshawa soundboard Blind Date for him too...disc one is the Barbs and disc two is the Stones...
11-24-02 06:39 AM
marko This is what i have,,,,,,,

Buried alive 2cd:Sbd recording,may 5 1979
Live at the La-forum:Sbd recording,,its NOT from LA,i don�t
remember where its been recorded.
Blinf date revisited 2cd:sbd recording,,,Oshawa show with
stones.
Meat is murder:ft worth may 13 1979,vg++ audience
Drug dealer tapes:Rehearsals 3cd�s and sbd
11-25-02 08:41 AM
souldoggie I've got two super-8, color silent movies of the New Barbarians. I filmed both very near the stage with a zoom and both run a little over 12 minutes each. The two concerts were Riverfront Colosium, Cincinnati and Cobo Hall, Detroit.

I need to get these transfered over to video. It would be great if I could get my hands on a boot from these shows and then do my best to sync them up.

My hunch is that we were all stoned at these shows.
11-25-02 09:20 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl We recently made a transfer of 8 mm video footage by Littleredroostah to digital directly without analog interphase.

Each clip was adjusted in terms of brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpness.

Hardware used for the edition: Cineproyector Kodak M105-K Instamatic. Deluxe Video Transfer System by Ambico. Audio Mixer and Video Enhancer V-310 by Ambico. Video Blaster Movie Maker by Creative, and a DC10 Miro Card by Pinnacle Systems with a video card Creative Labs 64 Mb.Software: VB Movie Maker 2.01 and DC10 Plus.

Click the image for more:

The VCD has been given to some selected regulars, only 11 copies so far.

To synchronize music and video is a pain in the ass! I spent several days trying to do it with no satisfaction, so i recorded several clips with no audio and at the end I recorded music as a background only.

When I see the VCD I play some music so anytime I see it is different music.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]