ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 Robert Altman

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Altamont boot??? Return to archive
11-22-02 11:38 PM
Vinyl kills Hello!
I have noticed that their are quite a few bootlegs of the Altamont show. Could anyone tell me which one is the best sounding one???

Thanks a ton!
11-23-02 05:51 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Vinyl kills wrote:
Hello!
I have noticed that their are quite a few bootlegs of the Altamont show. Could anyone tell me which one is the best sounding one???

Thanks a ton!

I'm no expert as I've only just got back into the boot world after a lengthy lay off, and it's a different world now, but from what i can make out the sound quality doesn't appear to be too crash hot where Altamont is concerned, the conditions seem the most likely explanation there. Still as an historical milestone I think it is worth having. I have the shaved disc, but a fuller version is avalible, so try that. I'm not yet in a position to trade, or set up B&P, but stick around coz there are alot of really decent people here who will see you sorted, cheers for now.
11-23-02 03:26 PM
Vinyl kills Thanks! any suggestions on what Altamont titles to look for???

I'm really looking for one that thas the version of "gimme shelter" on the movie soundtrack that is played an the end. The one with the really heavy bass.
11-24-02 12:57 AM
sonicrock well if you looking only for the gimme shelter versions better find a soundtrack of the movie there are many, mine is called honky tonk woman, and includes some 1972 live tracks, if you want the complete altamont show the killer festival seems to be the better one to my knowledge'the sound is quite heavy sonicrock
11-24-02 01:46 AM
MrJimmy I have a boot from Italy. Its a radio broadcast of the entire Stones set, with the DJ throwing in comments about whats going on in between songs. The sound is great try to find that one
11-24-02 05:39 AM
Mathijs There's just one boot to go for: "Altamont 1969", A Vinyl Gang Product VGP 113. This is the complete show in best audience quality. Gimme Shelter, Under My Thumb and Sympathy are available as sound board.

Mathijs
11-24-02 11:42 PM
Vinyl kills Mega thanks!