ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 Robert Altman

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tony Sanchez Return to archive
11-22-02 07:33 PM
JumpinJackFlash Say, anybody ever read "Up and Down with the Rolling Stones",,is there credablity to this novel, and what has become of Tony nowaday's. I remember reading a story there, where he goes to pick up Kieth after the first blood transfusion, and they are cruising around in Kieths car down the english backroads, and Kieth is playing "Mona" by Bo Diddley, through load speakers, hooting, "Fucking Great man", and then " Say, mate, You got any coke". I remember this cracked me up like crazy waking up my lady.
11-22-02 10:01 PM
SirMuddy In an old interview I read... Keith says that every fact is true... but not the meaning that Sanchez give to them!
But the blood transfusion isn't fact.
It's good story for Criss Cross lyrics!
11-22-02 11:21 PM
gypsy I really liked the book also. Keith said that it was probably true. I have also wondered what became of Tony Sanchez. I have tried to research him, but came up with nothing.
I found out that Suki Potier had two children with a Hong Kong businessman named Ben Ho. Ben was about to divorce Suki, but Suki didn't want a divorce. Anyway, Ben & Suki died in a car accident in 1979. I wonder what happened to the children, etc. I remember reading about Suki hanging out with Anita in the early 70s, and Mick around 1975. I wonder if Suki and Mick ever had anything going. Poor Suki.
11-23-02 01:11 AM
gypsymofo60 Whether that book was 100% accurate or not, I loved it! Absolutely hysterical! Marianne claimed most of it was fairly accurate, but that in itself is an ambiguous statement. Sanchez comes across as a self righteous arsehole, but his portrayal of Keith is brilliant. The doberman in the moat still cracks me up whenever I think about it.
11-23-02 03:42 PM
100 Years Ago having not read the book, what's the reference to criss cross lyrics?

curious in Tx
11-23-02 05:46 PM
stonedinaustralia line from "criss cross" (aka "save me")

"i can't seem to straighten out...whoah... i think i need a blood transfusion"

11-23-02 08:18 PM
Gazza I think keith acknowledged it was accurate re: basic facts but that the ghost writer embellished a lot of it.. as he put it, "Tony can barely write his own name.."
11-24-02 11:42 AM
JumpinJackFlash Yeah, I don't know about that criss cross stuff, But something else that was funny, remember that guy that went to the red lands and borrowed keiths gun and bike, Ha, they here shot's fired, Kieth say's well that's all the bullet's he's got, then they here a few more shot's, Ha. The guy comes back all mangled. Yeah, that doberman one, is that where they feed the dog sleeping pills to shut him up, and he falls in the river, man that was hillarious. Or that hover craft kieth purchased, man you can really picture some of that stuff that went on. Or when Kieth purchased that old nazi car, and they lost the key's, so they just left it running in the garage over night. Good stuff there, good stuff
11-24-02 11:43 PM
gypsymofo60 JJF, That guy was Joe Monk, and it was mandrax they fed the doberman. The hovercraft true or not is the second funniest part of that book. Can you picture it?
11-25-02 12:05 PM
69 Chevy A great book and the closest I have ever felt to being a member of the Stones inner circle. It has been years since I read it, so about time for a reread. Thanks for bringing it up!
11-25-02 12:35 PM
sasca But the contempt shown towards Bill and Charlie is ridiculous. Why? Because they weren�t constantly stoned? If its so good, why was Tony so desperate to get off drugs? And he seems to dismiss them because they weren�t as prominent as the other three. This from a man who spent a decade as Keith�s dogsbody.
11-25-02 12:59 PM
Sir Stonesalot Do you take everything you read so damn seriously? It's a book by Keith's former dealer. I think anyone with half a brain takes everything in there with a grain of salt.

Why does everything have to be so equitable? Life ain't equitable dude! Tony Sanchez can show contempt for whomever the hell he wants too! It is HIS book!

I find it a great read, really funny. It's not meant to be a classic bit of literature. It's just silly book about some peculiar rock stars. Nothing more.
11-25-02 01:09 PM
sasca Of course he can show contempt towards anyone. That doesn�t mean he is right to do so. I agree it is an amusing book, but we were discussing its quality which is less than it might have been.
11-25-02 01:15 PM
gypsy And you were expecting 'quality' from Keith's procurer of drugs...
11-25-02 01:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot I WAS speaking of the quality.

It was never meant to be the second coming of The Tempest! It's a silly trash tabloid expose, "written" by a man of dubious character!

What did you friggin' expect?

I think it's much better than anyone would have thought!
11-25-02 01:22 PM
sasca um, I agree with you.
11-25-02 01:28 PM
Sir Stonesalot LOL! That's better!
11-25-02 02:11 PM
Fiji Joe I liked him better when he was known as Filthy Sanchez...