ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 Robert Altman

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Are the Stones still on tour? Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-23-02 11:23 PM
Sir Stonesalot I got a bottle of Mezcal. I save it for special occasions when I want to become brain dead for a few hours.

It sorta tastes like tequila mixed with low grade kerosene.

That is some fucked up stuff. It scares me.

And this coming from a guy who thought V&V(vodka and valium) was a great thing.
11-25-02 05:40 PM
69 Chevy I have been a Rolling Stones fan for over 30 years. The first concert I ever attended was the Stones at JFK stadium in Philadelphia in 1978. I have not missed a tour since. The Stones were and will always be my favorite band yet I refused to join "Get Access"(Like I want to pay for the right to purchase overpriced tickets) and I passed on $350.00 floor seats for both the San Antonio and Houston shows. I decided to settle for upper level at both shows. Overheard at last Saturdays show in San Antonio "If these are the $150.00 tickets the $90.00 seats must be in the parking lot". The San Antonio show was considered a sell out, but Ticketmaster still had good seats the day before the event and I saw empty seat scattered through out the arena and seats on the side and behind the stage were empty. Some people justify the price of concert tickets by saying that the Knicks get $350.00 for court side so why can't the Stones? NBA attendance is down for the third year in a row, and Stones shows aren't the immediate sell out they once were. They rocked Saturday and yes I will pay to see them again! Is a 2 hour and 10 minute concert worth $350.00 per ticket? I don't know! Go ask someone who would paid that much, because I won't.
11-26-02 10:37 AM
69 Chevy I think Tom Petty should be commended for keeping ticket prices down. I paid $55.00 for floor seats for his recent Houston performance with Jackson Browne as the opener. Probably the best one two punch I have ever seen or heard! If you don't think that Petty can command an audience and that the Heartbreakers aren't one of the best rock bands around you have never seen them live! The only drawback was that the arena was at less than capacity. I have a friend that works for Clear Channel who stated that because of his lack of corporate sponsorship, low ticket prices and his reluctance to go with "The Golden Circle" ticket policy C.C. refused to pay for advertising and promotions due to their lower than average profit margin. Petty also has a problem with corporate radio stations critical of his stand against the radio industry. Not only has Houston's corporate radio refused to play the new CD, but they have ceased playing the back catalog as well. Those in attendance that night saw something magical. Even the upper levels were on their feet!
Page: 1 2