ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 Robert Altman

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CD Tree Structures and Artwork - ALL Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-06-02 04:13 PM
Jaxx MIA, but recovered. sorry for the inconvenience.10-24-02
Post YOUR TREE as a reply to this thread. one stop shop.

VoodooChileInWOnderl :

Please post the links to the tree structures and art as a reply to this message. In this way this will be the only sticky thread. thanks.

European Chicago tree structure:
http://novogate.com/board/968/122912-1.html

Chicago tree US structure:
http://novogate.com/board/968/122669-1.html

NYC Tree final structure:
http://novogate.com/board/968/121098-1.html

FleetCenter bootleg cover art for the box and the CD's:
http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/10-16-2002/119957-1.html

Check these designs! Sent by our friend in Norway Arve:
http://www.midnightramblers.no/covers/cover.html

11-10-02 10:29 AM
Ken
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
MIA, but recovered. sorry for the inconvenience.10-24-02
Post YOUR TREE as a reply to this thread. one stop shop.

VoodooChileInWOnderl :

Please post the links to the tree structures and art as a reply to this message. In this way this will be the only sticky thread. thanks.

NYC Tree final structure:
http://novogate.com/board/968/121098-1.html =

Sorry folks I signed up for this tree. I did reply to my branch right away. I set up a trade for after LA. But I lost
my contacts email. The link above for the structure is not sending me to the right place. Can somebody point me to the structure?

Thanks!

Ken
11-10-02 12:07 PM
Gazza Hi there Ken!

Scope was your branch for the NYC tree

mail him on [email protected]
11-11-02 09:03 AM
Ken
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Hi there Ken!
Scope was your branch for the NYC tree
mail him on [email protected]

Gota it, Thanks!
11-12-02 03:11 PM
glimmertwin725 Can anyone help me and tell me who my branch was.

Thanks!

[email protected]
11-12-02 08:48 PM
1stonesfan My branch said the discs he got were all messed up and is sending me back the trade/blanks I sent him. Are there any other branches who would be willing to burn a set of the New York shows for a leaf in New Hampshire?

I can offer all 3 Boston shows, all 3 Chicago shows, Tower, FedX or blanks in return.

Thanks,

Paul
11-13-02 12:27 PM
ehellweg i'd love to get on a tree for the oakland arena show. my email: [email protected]
11-13-02 01:57 PM
Jacques
quote:
1stonesfan wrote:
My branch said the discs he got were all messed up and is sending me back the trade/blanks I sent him. Are there any other branches who would be willing to burn a set of the New York shows for a leaf in New Hampshire?

I can offer all 3 Boston shows, all 3 Chicago shows, Tower, FedX or blanks in return.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul
I live in France but I can do it for you, except you found easier way to get it. I'm expecting CDs of NYC very soon.
Write me if you like
[email protected]
11-13-02 04:26 PM
riffhard64 all 3 NYC shows were awful quality..un-listenable as far as im concerned...i threw them in the trash!...anybody have good quality NYC shows????....e-mail me [email protected] paul..where in NH?...im in Nashua
11-14-02 08:27 AM
1stonesfan
quote:
Jacques wrote:

Hi Paul
I live in France but I can do it for you, except you found easier way to get it. I'm expecting CDs of NYC very soon.
Write me if you like
[email protected]

I've actually got a trade in the works over here in the States, but thanks much for the offer.

riffhard64 - Windham...not that far from you at all.

11-14-02 11:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot I love it when people bitch about the sound quality of audience sourced boots that they paid nothing for!

Hey Riffhard64, I'll gladly refund your fucking purchase price. Next time YOU sneak a fucking recorder into the fucking show, and YOU go to the fucking trouble of running a free fucking tree.

I told everyone up front, these are not perfect recordings. I'm not a pro taper. I don't have professional recording equipment. I don't have professional editing equipment. I didn't have to do ANY of this.

I was gonna do another tree for club shows, but you can all thank BlowHard64...I ain't going to the hassle to get pissed on.

I just ran my last fucking tree.
11-15-02 07:59 AM
Factory Girl Sir Stonesalot, WE DO APPRECIATE YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION. Don't let one person ruin great karma. Your love of the Stones and your love of Stones fans ARE GREATLY APPREACIATED!!

Hugsies,

me
11-15-02 05:26 PM
midnightmagic Only one suggestion, before we set up a tree structure let's actually have disk ready to go. I signed up and have envelopes from all sorts of people from around the USA and nothing to send them. What's a poor boy to do?
11-15-02 07:35 PM
Gazza I didn't find them unlistenable at all. Thanks SS for going to the trouble - believe me,its GREATLY appreciated

I should have the rest of the August/September club shows in the next couple of days,so the next tree will be a 7-CD set comprising the club shows from Toronto,Boston, Philadelphia and Chicago.

watch this space!
11-15-02 07:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah MM, in a perfect world, that's what my druthers would have been also. I sincerely apologize that my burner crashed 2 days before the NYC shows, and that I got an intestinal virus that prevented me from picking up the discs from the guy who was burning for me.

Shit happens, you know. I certainly didn't PLAN for it to be that way. Believe me, I would rather NOT have spent 5 days puking and shitting my guts out. I would rather NOT have had my $350.00 stand alone burn out.

I have inquired to my seed branches as to their status.

[email protected] is done, all discs sent out. From what I can tell, her part of the tree is running smooth.

I never heard back from [email protected], so I don't know what the story there is. I had to send him 2 sets of discs, as he claimed that the first set was fucked up. I'm not doubting what he says. But the first set played fine in my stereo at home, in the car, and on my kids boom box. I had a 2nd set in the mail the very next day after he told me about his disc problems. I don't know if he ever got them, or if he ever sent any discs out, since I haven't had any reply from him.

Evidently [email protected] felt that the disc tracking had to be "fixed" before they were sent out. After several weeks of trying he gave up. I guess the discs being a single track was cause to hold up the tree. I heard from him yesterday that he sent all the discs to someone else. I have no idea WHO has the discs on that part of the tree, so I can't even find out what the fuck is going on. I could have saved the fellow a lot of headaches if he had kept me up to date on what was going on.

Now I have a headache. Honestly, I expected problems. I just didn't expect them to start so high up in the tree. When you have a seed branch bail, your tree is doomed.

I know some of you appreciate what I tried to do(Thanks FG, you are a sweetie.), but I will NOT put myself thru this again. I spent hours printing off emails, organizing them, drafting a structure. I spent close to $75.00 on discs, mailers, and postage....and I asked for NOTHING in return. Yet that doesn't stop the whining.

So if you want to pitch a bitch, snivel about the quality of your FREE fucking discs, or whatever, email me at [email protected]. Don't waste the bandwidth here.

L8r,
SS, C-motherfuckin'-10
11-15-02 07:56 PM
Gazza For those of you on my part of the tree - the branches will get an e-mail separately, but this is just to advise all the leaves too of whats going on

All my branches' discs are completed. I had some work to do on the discs as there was a for about a week in addition to the delay because I was in Los Angeles for a week (it happens folks - you have to realise that when theres a tour on,people are actually going to be on the road too...) This meant working on 6 discs and then copying some 30 more discs in the last 7-10 days. Anyway, the 'restoration' work's done and the discs are on their way out to everyone. Thanks for your patience
11-15-02 11:16 PM
Sir Stonesalot Thanks for your efforts Gazza.
11-16-02 01:00 AM
scope Hey SS,

fyi, vdrstones (aka riffhard64) was my branch and I got the discs from him last week. I made copies for my leaves last weekend and they all went out in the mail at the beginning of the week.

-Scope
11-16-02 02:11 AM
marko I don�t find them that bad at all.......in fact msg&giants
has that old bootleg sound which i like a very much,it may
sound a bit funny,but this is what bootlegs used to sound!
And guys,that roseland isn�t even worts thing you ever
heard!
Anyways,,GAZZA,gow good,great are yours Theatre shows from
this tour?heres what i have
orpheum ex-
aragon ex-
aragon vg+,after mastering maybe vg++
tower ex-
roseland g
roseland vg++

i will get from 2000 man 3rd version of aragon.....i�ll help
you out if need me!
i also have Dc,ft.lauderdale,miami,,,,,on their way are
columbus,maybe detroit,tacoma.and philly veterans.
let me know guys,,,,,
11-16-02 03:37 AM
Jacques Hi SS and Gazza
we know it's a hard and big work and bravo to do it. We know why you do that so we have many thanks to give more than criticism. I have been a Branch three times, I can say it's a work. I spoke with Erwan who made Chicago's Tree (first one for him). He was happy to do it, and happy we it lasted !!!
One of my leaves told me "Delay , Quality, no problem we are lucky to get from Friends something which normaly doesn't exit".
Merci encore and ready to go on.
11-16-02 10:02 AM
riffhard64 he SS...i appreciate your efforts and your hard work not to mention freebies...i was simply stating that i found the un-listenable...sorry if that upset you as i meant no harm...i sent out to all who sent me B&P then i shit canned them...once again sorry if my comments pissed you off...
11-17-02 08:59 AM
Sir Stonesalot Whatever dude. I'm just glad that you fulfilled you part of the tree.

I just listened to all 3 shows again in the past couple of days. I own aud recordings that are far worse. MSG & Giant's are both very easy to listen to, IMO. And with a little adjustment on the EQ, Roseland is OK too. In fact, it's my fave of the 3.

Here's why. It throws me into a time warp. When that thing starts to play, I feel all hot & sweaty. I can feel the crush of the crowd. And every once in a while, you can hear someone just lose it. I find myself shouting out the lyrics, something I somehow stopped myself from doing that night. I get a rush of images...Mick pointing, ponting, ponting his finger, right at me! Keef leaning up against the stack, ripping off riffs, and giving me a wink. Ronnie pointing his Strat right at me, cigarette defying gravity at the corner of his mouth. The veins in Mick's neck straining, his face reddening from the effort during THSMLI.

To be fair, not everyone will feel like that when they hear it. But I feel that it's a fair representation of what it was like to be there that night. Good lord, what is wrong with that?
11-17-02 01:02 PM
Dan Sounds to me like some people might be a little too spoiled. I remember the day when I would sneak a hand held cassette recorder into a show and try to do my best and lots of people would still want it because it was their favorite band. I got a lot of trades off my dreadful 10/19/89 master before the pro shot video and subsequent soundboard bootleg came out.
11-19-02 03:24 AM
littleredrooster Hey SS!
I'm the branch on April's tree.
All of my leaves were kept up to date and all NYC discs are on the way to my soon to be happy leaves!!! and some extra leaves that I picked up along the way!

The people who bitch about the timely delivery of their boot have probably never given up a full weekend day to burn 40 discs, pack, go to the Post Office to assure weight of the package.
It takes a shitload of time!
It was my pleasure, thanks for putting it together!!

Roostah
11-20-02 05:36 PM
Martha Again I thank you for your efforts SS. It was great to be involved in this project with everyone...I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Now what the heck happened to the thread for the Detroit tree... it was on a sticky???? Please direct me someone...thanks!
11-20-02 09:05 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Thanks, Sir Stonesalot. It's a hell of a lot of work, I know.

Looking forward to the marathon of shows... What other shows do we have soundboards from? I've heard from Tower, Roseland... where else?

And this Thanksgiving Break I *will* be taking myself down to the corner of West 8th Street and 6th Avenue to purchase myself whatever I can afford of Stones boots, although my pockets are very empty as I've got to keep some money in the bank for tickets this January!

-tSYX --- Oooo, and it's got me movin!
11-21-02 08:48 AM
Lazy Bones SS, I received my discs yesterday - Livio (my branch), did a nice job - thanks! They're just fine! Appreciate your seeding efforts.
Just another example of the inability to please everyone, regardless of much effort.
11-21-02 02:41 PM
ray Can anyone post the tree structures again? I was a leaf on a few trees, but I was off the internet and lost emails
my email: [email protected]
Thanks!
[Edited by ray]
11-22-02 05:35 PM
Gazza Ray

I'm the seed for the European part of this tree and I sent my discs out to my branches last weekend but I don't see the e-mail you've submitted on the tree structure that I have.

There IS however a leaf on this tree from Belgium with the first name Frank with a pandora.be e-mail address,so if thats you (and going by his surname, I supose it MAY be!) , your branch is : [email protected]

11-23-02 03:14 AM
ray Yes, that's me, thanks, Gazza!

Frank
Page: 1 2