ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL (México) - 1st March 2006
© and thanks Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick goes Kabbalah Return to archive
21st November 2007 06:08 PM
Daethgod Mick Jagger may be the latest celebrity to join the ever-expanding ranks of those practicing Kabbalah.

Jagger, 64, sent British tabloids into a spin after he was spotted wearing the religious sect's trademark red band around his wrist.

The Rolling Stones frontman was meeting with music tycoon Simon Fuller for a working lunch in West London when he was snapped sporting the symbolic wristband.

Famous Kabbalah followers include pop legend Madonna, Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore. Jagger's ex-wife Jerry Hall has also dabbled in the ancient Hebrew religion.

Others seen sporting the wrist band include Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and David and Victoria Beckham.

Jagger, who is Roman Catholic, is not known for strong religious beliefs, reported UK newspaper The Daily Mail, while his current squeeze and former-model L'Wren Scott was raised by Mormon adoptive parents in Utah.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=327513&rss=yes

21st November 2007 09:00 PM
texile how dissapointing....
the ultimate cynic gives in to someting so...

nevermind, i don't want to offend anyone here.
21st November 2007 10:12 PM
Glimmer Twin I didn't know Mick was a Roman Catholic. Do others here know that? I'm curious.
21st November 2007 10:20 PM
IanBillen
The real question is what is he doing with Simon Fuller?

It is said to be a "working lunch"....meaning they are in discussions over something?

Recording contract?, Seeking a producer?, Managment assistance?

What is it? Gotta be something.

Ian
21st November 2007 10:27 PM
pdog
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

It is said to be a "working lunch"....meaning they are in discussions over something?

Ian

I wouldn't get so excited, it's probably for next season American Idol...
I smell humiliation...
21st November 2007 11:32 PM
Dr Iff Was it a red band or a red string? Maybe he's boning Madonna.
22nd November 2007 01:30 AM
IanBillen [quote]IanBillen wrote:
[quote]IanBillen wrote:

Or don't tell me....all of the above? Could it be Mick is trying to conjure up a way of capturing the young generations attention again with this guy? After all, this is this guys "nitch" so to speak.

hmmm. Just speculation at this point but still it is a "working lunch" so it has to be something they are doing together (if this source is correct in saying so), interesting.

Ian

22nd November 2007 01:59 AM
aladdinstory i'm dreading this meeting as a precursor to another mick solo venture. at this late date mick's continued obsession with trendiness is disturbing. he seems driven once again to remain current at the expense of credibility, which is sad. the stones haven't been a singles band since lbj was prez, but jagger still appears to be chasing the illusion of having another "hit record." maybe it's time he grew up.
22nd November 2007 03:13 AM
jostorm Oh for fecks sake, what a load of bollocks.....

HOWEVER, there is a small but interesting piece of information buried in this shite:
" while his current squeeze and former-model L'Wren Scott was raised by Mormon adoptive parents in Utah"

Now, THAT I didn't know. And it explains a few things.
Forget her tallness and the fact she is a "model". I think Mick bones her because she will be used to the possibility of having to share him with droves of other women....

Clever Mick.....

22nd November 2007 05:26 AM
prism Mick had to "become a Catholic" before he could marry Bianca, who was born Catholic. He studied Catholicism for weeks and learned quite a bit about the saints, etc. In reality he is more of a Buddhist in philosophy, and he is interested in Hinduism as well. He was probably given the Jewish Kaballah bracelet by one of his daughters recently. He wore one previously when Jerry gave it to him at a Kaballah party years ago.
22nd November 2007 06:40 AM
lotsajizz he'll balk at the tithing, just like he did last decade when this rumor come out
22nd November 2007 07:59 AM
sun Here is a picture from Finnish newspaper.

22nd November 2007 08:44 AM
FotiniD Kabbalah band? This looks like a gift-wrap! You know, these little ribbons they put on top of parcels.

He's like a Christmas present
22nd November 2007 10:52 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
sun wrote:
Here is a picture from Finnish newspaper.

He got the wristband from the Zepplin fanclub.Hes got the inside track on great seats for 2008 Zep tour thats all....
22nd November 2007 11:22 AM
Mr Jurkka Could you tell what finnish magazine?
22nd November 2007 02:19 PM
sun
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
Could you tell what finnish magazine?

It's from Iltasanomat:

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/uutinen.asp?id=1457093

[Edited by sun]
22nd November 2007 04:12 PM
Got Me Rockin Guys, do you really give a crap what religion Jagger practices?
22nd November 2007 05:58 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Got Me Rockin wrote:
Guys, do you really give a crap what religion Jagger practices?

I am with you on that....not really...

I am concerned about his working lunch and what all that entails.

Ian
22nd November 2007 07:12 PM
no night together I am not too concerned too, but got to tell you that anytime a colleague from the tv shows interest in something religion-related it becomes a conversion. It's a way average press has to make a dollar on known people. an interest becomes a conversion, otherwise no audience and no sale.
23rd November 2007 01:27 AM
IanBillen
quote:
aladdinstory wrote:
i'm dreading this meeting as a precursor to another mick solo venture. at this late date mick's continued obsession with trendiness is disturbing. he seems driven once again to remain current at the expense of credibility, which is sad. the stones haven't been a singles band since lbj was prez, but jagger still appears to be chasing the illusion of having another "hit record." maybe it's time he grew up.

I certainly hope not. Remember he was with Keith and Charlie just last week. I am taking it that this was not a social event.

I would bet a large lump sum that he met with them to:

A. Discuss future Stones tour in Asia.
B. Discuss a new album, record contract, etc.
C. A and B
D. Speak to them about a possible solo venture for himself.

What eles could it be but one of these four things ya know?
I sincerely hope it is B and/or C.

I do not see it being D. much. Why would Mick HAVE to meet with them to just fill them in if he was going to do a solo gig? He really wouldn't have to actually meet with them to do that. I am sure they would either find out eventually or he would tell them on the phone. Probably the latter. No need for a special meeting for that is there?

Ian
23rd November 2007 09:29 AM
gimmekeef Ian, my bet is the meeting was more along the lines of.."guys heres the income tax dodge plans for the ABB haul..."
23rd November 2007 01:02 PM
Dr Iff That's a great picture. I swear I can see the loathing in his eyes as he predicts this entire discussion.
23rd November 2007 01:08 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Glimmer Twin wrote:
I didn't know Mick was a Roman Catholic. Do others here know that? I'm curious.

Um, he's a non practicing Roman Catholic.

I don't know if all his sins are or will be forgiven, which is most important actually.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)