ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL (México) - 1st March 2006
© and thanks Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AC Hooker mystery Return to archive
19th November 2007 01:49 PM
mojoman Posted on Sun, Nov. 18, 2007

Year later, prostitute killings a mystery
Bodies were in a ditch near A.C. The status of the case is disputed.
By George Anastasia

Inquirer Staff Writer

A year ago this week, police found the bodies of four Atlantic City prostitutes floating in a drainage ditch behind a seedy motel on the Black Horse Pike just outside the city.
During the last 12 months, the case, which attracted international attention, has taken several strange twists.

But today it remains what it was on the night the bodies were discovered - an unsolved murder mystery.

For a time, a local handyman was considered a prime suspect, but last month investigators appeared to back away from that theory.

An admitted prostitute, repeating a story she told nearly a year ago, said in a recent telephone interview from state prison that she had been with one of the victims three days before her body was found, and that they had "partied" at local motels with the man who may have been the murderer.

She said she had identified the man from photos investigators showed her.

A lawyer for the handyman said last month that the same man had called him from the Atlantic County Jail - where he is serving time for an unrelated crime - and "confessed" to the killings.

The Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office, as it has from day one, has declined to provide any details about the investigation or potential suspects in the probe.

That silence has fueled a groundswell of gossip and rumor that ebbs and flows along Pacific Avenue in Atlantic City, where the victims once plied their trade and where, on any given night, dozens of hookers look for "dates."

The murders have had little impact on the vice trade in the city, law enforcement sources said.

Caution is weighed against economics, one retired vice squad investigator said in the aftermath of the killings, and economics usually comes out on top.

"They were victims of their lifestyle," said Jim Hutchins, a retired Atlantic City police vice squad captain. "They do anything, they go anywhere, for crack."

Hutchins criticized the Prosecutor's Office in an interview this year, saying it had failed to involve Atlantic City police in the investigation the night the bodies were discovered.

Valuable time and possible street sources were lost, he said, in the three days before his office was asked to assist.

Now, he and other veteran investigators believe, the case has gone cold.

In a statement Friday, however, Atlantic City Prosecutor Theodore F.L. Housel, who succeeded Jeffrey Blitz this year, said: "I believe we are making good progress in this investigation, and we will continue to make progress."

Housel insisted that "this is not, and should not, be considered a so-called cold case."

Like his predecessor, Housel said his office did not comment on specifics, but added that "we have received considerable information from women who were associated with the victims in this case, and I personally want to encourage others who may have something to offer . . . to come forward."

One of those woman is believed to be Pamela Covelli, 34, an admitted prostitute who is serving a three-year sentence for credit-card fraud in a state prison.

Covelli, in an interview last month, repeated allegations she made in December about a man she and victim Kim Raffo, 35, had partied with the week before Raffo turned up dead.

Covelli, whose story could not be confirmed, said she had identified a suspect for investigators, describing him as a white man about 6-feet tall with greasy, dark hair and a beard.

She said that the man had said his name was John, but that investigators identified him as Bill.

The man was flush with cash and cocaine when he invited her and Raffo to a Pacific Avenue motel, Covelli said. They later partied at a motel on the White Horse Pike, she added.

Covelli said the man had offered drugs to her and Raffo and had said he wanted to see them naked, but didn't want to have sex.

She had a strange feeling about the customer and left after partying for a time with him, Raffo and two other men, Covelli said.

She said that she last saw Raffo on Nov. 17 at the Golden Key Motel on the Black Horse Pike, that they were supposed to meet at a bar later that night but that Raffo never showed up.

Three days later, Raffo's body was discovered in a drainage ditch behind the Golden Key along with the bodies of Molly Dilts, 20, Barbara Breidor, 42, and Tracy Roberts, 23.

All the women were shoeless. Their heads were pointed east toward Atlantic City. They had been in the water for varying degrees of time.

Two of the bodies were so badly decomposed that a cause of death could not be determined. The two victims who had been in the water for the least time had been strangled, according to autopsy reports.

Three of the four victims had significant amounts of drugs in their systems.

Covelli, in a recent telephone interview, said she was still willing to cooperate with authorities who, she believed, had ignored her story when another suspect surfaced.

For a time, Terry Oleson, 35, a handyman from Salem County who was living in and working part time at the Golden Key Motel, was, in investigative parlance, a "person of interest" to detectives.

Oleson's lawyer, James Leonard, has confirmed that fact, but he and Oleson have insisted investigators were wrong.

Oleson was arrested in Salem County in April on charges that he videotaped his girlfriend's 15-year-old daughter naked in the bathroom of his Alloway Township home.

He was held for 51/2 months while investigators worked the case and tried to match his DNA to evidence tied to the hooker murders.

Leonard said his client had not been involved and was not concerned about a DNA match.

Prosecutors have not disclosed the results of the DNA test, and last month Oleson was released from the Salem County Jail under an agreement worked out by Leonard in which Oleson pleaded guilty to an invasion-of-privacy charge in the videotaping case.

He is scheduled to be sentenced this month and faces a maximum of 364 days in the county jail. He will receive credit for time already spent behind bars, which exceeds 160 days.

Leonard, an Atlantic City criminal-defense attorney, said he had also provided the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office with taped phone conversations he had with a man who appeared to "confess" to the killings.

That man contacted Leonard and said he "had some things he wanted to get off his chest," the lawyer said.

Leonard said he and an investigator had met with the man at the Atlantic County Jail. The lawyer said he had provided details of that conversation and subsequent taped telephone conversation with him to the Prosecutor's Office.

Leonard said the conversations indicated that the man - the same individual Covelli has identified for investigators - claims to have knowledge of the murders and said he knew Oleson was not guilty.

But the judge in Oleson's videotaping case said in court that investigators had "discounted that confession."
19th November 2007 01:53 PM
Fiji Joe That was right about the time of the cancelled show wasn't it?...Don't piss off Stones fans
19th November 2007 01:56 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
That was right about the time of the cancelled show wasn't it?...Don't piss off Stones fans

it was october, the make up show was then, clears me from the list of suspects.
19th November 2007 01:58 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

it was october, the make up show was then, clears me from the list of suspects.

Good...Because I was starting to put two and two together...I recall your pleas in NYC to go get some hookers...we ended up with Riffy...just as well...he was cheaper
19th November 2007 01:59 PM
monkey_man Those girls in the strip joint on Pacific will give me solid alibis!
19th November 2007 02:05 PM
Joey " Those girls in the strip joint on Pacific will give me solid alibis! "

19th November 2007 02:07 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Those girls in the strip joint on Pacific will give me solid alibis! "

did you have any idea that heather was a hooker?
19th November 2007 02:16 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

did you have any idea that heather was a hooker?

no mojo .......................

I have got to be truthful .

I had no IDEA that Heather was a Hooker .

No IDEA !!!!

Joe Sea .........

|
|
V

Scroll !
19th November 2007 02:26 PM
mrhipfl Killing prostitutes, eh? Stones fans have more originality than that.
19th November 2007 03:04 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Killing prostitutes, eh? Stones fans have more originality than that.

I hear ya...

19th November 2007 03:09 PM
mookie wilson
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I hear ya...

You fuckin blow
19th November 2007 03:17 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
mookie wilson wrote:

You fuckin blow

Well I tell you one dog-gone thing. It makes me feel good to know one thing. I know I'm a lover. Mama was. Papa too. And I'm the only child. Lovin' is all I know to do. I'm country. I'm straight from the Georgia woods. I wear overalls, and big old brogan shoes, and I need a haircut. I'm a lover. Mama was. Grandmama, Papa too. Boogaloo. All that stuff. And I'm the only son-of-a-gun this side of the Sun. That's right.

I got six Cadillacs, five Lincolns, four Fords, six Mercuries, three T-Birds, Mustang, ooooooohhh...I'm a lover.
19th November 2007 03:19 PM
mojoman
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I hear ya...

Paul's Pot-Bust Shocker Makes Him A Jailhouse Rocker
by Harry Wasserman
"I think we should decriminalize marijuana and I would like to see a really unbiased medical report on it," said pop singer Paul McCartney after being deported from Japan for bringing almost half a pound of marijuana into Tokyo for an 11-concert Wings tour that had to be cancelled.

"I spent my time [in the Tokyo jail] making a mental list of all those drugs which are legal but dangerous. We're all on drugs --cigarettes, whiskey and wild, wild women. Society thinks alcohol is terrific, yet it kills. Cigarettes can kill. They are worse than marijuana. It's just not true that marijuana can kill. What about the little old ladies on Valium? Think of aspirin's danger to the stomach."

Sir Paul McCartney
McCartney said he preferred the limited decriminalization of pot in the United States to Japan's harsh drug laws under which he had faced up to seven years of imprisonment and a possible fine of up to $2,000.

The former Beatle's stand on pot first surfaced in the heady days of Sgt. Pepper and the Summer of Love. McCartney helped pay for a full-page advertisement in the London Times of July 24, 1967 that called for legalization of pot possession, release of all prisoners on pot possession charges and government research into marijuana medical uses. The ad, sponsored by a group called Soma, was signed by 65 Britishers including all four Beatles, their manager Brian Epstein, author Graham Greene, psychologist R.D. Laing, 15 doctors and two members of Parliament.

McCartney used to be an active supporter of the Legalise Cannabis Campaign, the British NORML, whose current sponsors include rock star Commander Cody, actress Julie Christie, and classical guitarist John Williams.

Prior to the mishap in Japan, McCartney was busted three times for pot. He paid a $2000 fine for smuggling hashish into Sweden in 1972, was fined for pot possession in Scotland that same year and was fined $240 for growing pot on his Scottish highlands farm in 1973. His wife Linda was arrested in Los Angeles for pot possession in 1975, but the charges were dropped.

These busts had resulted in Japan denying McCartney admittance to the country on previous occasions but Japanese Immigration Bureau officials changed their minds after continual pressure from music promoters such as Udo Music, which eventually booked the Wings tour. McCartney's arrival in Tokyo was his first visit since a Beatles tour in '66, and Japanese police confirm that he was a marked man because of his past busts.

On January 16 McCartney was arrested by Japanese customs officials at Tokyo International Airport when they found two plastic bags in his suitcases containing 219 grams of marijuana (approximately 7.7 ounces).

"I didn't try to hide [the pot]," says McCartney. "I had just come from America and still had the American attitude that marijuana isn't that bad. I didn't realise just how strict the Japanese attitude is."

McCartney was taken in handcuffs to a government office while Japanese officials decided what action to take. There is no immediate bail in Japan. Customs officials quoted Paul's first admission of smuggling after five hours of questioning: "I brought some hemp for my smoking."

The next day, says Paul, "I was taken to the narcotics headquarters, handcuffed and a rope tied around me, led along like a dog." While McCartney was interrogated for six hours, 200 fans held a vigil outside the bureau, some weeping, others screaming "Paul! Paul!" Linda and other Wings members were also questioned but not charged. Narcotics officials say McCartney was "relaxed and cooperative," insisting to the narcs that he brought the pot into Japan for his own use.

After the interrogation, narcotics agents tried to return McCartney to jail but were forced back into the bureau by hundreds of screaming fans who blocked the way in a hysteria reminescent of early '60s Beatlemania. Riot police were called in to restore order, and McCartney was eventually taken away.

On January 18 the Tokyo District Court permitted the public prosecutor's office to detain McCartney for up to ten days for questioning.

"At first I thought [the jail] was barbaric," McCartney said. "But underneath their inscrutable exterior the guards were quite warm. We joked and we had sing-songs, songs like 'Baby Face' and 'Red Red Robin'. I also got a few requests for 'Yesterday'. I would sing and they clapped. It was a bit of a laugh."

He described a typical day in jail: "I was woken up at six in the morning, then had to sit cross legged for roll call. It was like Bridge on the River Kwai: They shouted out '22' (his prison number) and I had to shout back 'Hi.' But I did it. I wasn't going to go against the system."

After inspection he was given a bowl of seaweed and onion soup--"not the greatest thing in the morning if you're used to cornflakes." Breakfast was followed by 20 minutes of exercises. Lunch was bread and jam. In the afternoon came questioning by narcotics agents.

At night he read in his cell but lights went out at 8 pm. He said he tried to sleep on a thin mattress and admitted, "I like a soft bed. But I have no complaints. All in all I was very well treated."

McCartney was denied a request for his guitar but was allowed to have his entourage bring him extra blankets, clothes and hot food. He made friends with two fellow prisoners, one doing time for murder and the other on a similar pot charge.

Paul's lawyer, Lee Eastman, was flown into Tokyo to plan the defense with the help of Japanese lawyer, Tasuko Masuo. The prosecutor, Keiji Yonesawa, was discussing the case with D.W.F Warren-Knott, a first secretary of the British embassy, on January 19 when a call came in from Sen. Edward Kennedy back in the States. "Senator Kennedy said he wanted to inquire about McCartney's case," says Warren-Knott, "because McCartney and his rock group 'Wings' might be giving a concert in the U.S." If McCartney had been convicted he could have been refused a U.S. visa under current immigration laws.

McCartney was finally released and deported on January 25. When asked why he was turned loose, McCartney balked, "Don't ask me, ask them. They just told me I could get out." Japanese authorities said they decided against the jail sentence because of his ignorance of their strict laws. "We always give some weight to clear signs of repentance," one official added.

The incarceration cost McCartney the revenues from the cancelled Wing dates, plus an additional £200,000 to cover losses incurred by Udo Music, as well as £10,000 a day expenses for his lawyers and family.

This was McCartneys second deportation. The first occurred nearly 20 years ago, when he and George Harrisson were expelled from West Germany after starting a fire in a Hamburg rock club by igniting a condom.

High Times
July 1980
19th November 2007 03:51 PM
gimmekeef Only whore in Stones camp is Cohl........AC off the beaten track is a scary place..
19th November 2007 05:48 PM
BILL PERKS PDOG HAD TO TAKE HIS ANGER OUT ON HIS OLD HOMETOWN
19th November 2007 05:51 PM
mookie wilson
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
PDOG HAD TO TAKE HIS ANGER OUT ON HIS OLD HOMETOWN

I do not particularly care for your avatar.
19th November 2007 05:57 PM
glencar Some of those hookers were killed in the weeks before the 1st Stones (cancelled)concert & the bodies of all 4 were found before the make-up show. I think I read that the bodies were dumped along that road that most people take into AC. The sad thing is most of the hookers had normal lives but then crack took over & their lives went down the tubes. 48 Hours did a show on this crime.
19th November 2007 08:46 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
mookie wilson wrote:

I do not particularly care for your avatar.

Kevin Garnett is averaging 20 and 13...Oh sorry...you're right...nobody but a cocksucking faggot gives a flip about the NBA

You were 0 for 5 in your career against the scarecrow...that white boy owned you

19th November 2007 08:53 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Some of those hookers were killed in the weeks before the 1st Stones (cancelled)concert & the bodies of all 4 were found before the make-up show. I think I read that the bodies were dumped along that road that most people take into AC. The sad thing is most of the hookers had normal lives but then crack took over & their lives went down the tubes. 48 Hours did a show on this crime.

You'd take crack too if most of your customers were those lonely, nerdy Fiji Joe-types.
20th November 2007 03:41 PM
gimmekeef Hookers and crack go hand in hand dont they?
20th November 2007 05:32 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Well you can't blame this on Vito Spatafore, the gayest wiseguy in New Jersey:

20th November 2007 05:38 PM
pdog live free or die!!!

Viva Vito!
21st November 2007 09:14 AM
Joey " Good...Because I was starting to put two and two together .."

[cc:kins]

[Edited by Joey]
21st November 2007 09:38 AM
Blowey You'd take it in the crack too if most of your customers were those lonely, nerdy Joey-types.

{{{{CRACK-O!!!!}}}}

William Jefferson Blow-a-ton!
21st November 2007 10:55 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Good...Because I was starting to put two and two together...I recall your pleas in NYC to go get some hookers...we ended up with Riffy...just as well...he was cheaper

** Imagine **

" Imagine there's no Fiji
It's easy if you try
No Lugar below him
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for " Rocks Off " ...

Imagine there's no www.MaxLugar.com
It isn't hard to do
No more ' Three hits a Day !!! '
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no ' Couch '
I wonder if you can ?
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

But I'm not the only one
And the world will live as one "

I Thank You All For Your Time Today !!!

J. Kins Fly !

22nd November 2007 12:24 AM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

** Imagine **

" Imagine there's no Fiji
It's easy if you try
No Lugar below him
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for " Rocks Off " ...

Imagine there's no www.MaxLugar.com
It isn't hard to do
No more ' Three hits a Day !!! '
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

But I'm not the only one
And the world will be as one

Imagine no ' Couch '
I wonder if you can ?
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

But I'm not the only one
And the world will live as one "

I Thank You All For Your Time Today !!!

J. Kins Fly !

That's Postin'!

Blowey and Joey are tied!
22nd November 2007 12:50 AM
JohnDoey Joey clearly does NOT have the posting gene.

He's no John Lee Hacker.

***DOEY LEANING OVER HIS KEYBOARD, CUPPING HIS MOUTH, GIGGLING LIKE A LITTLE SCHOOL GIRL***

W-W-What???

Oh sure.

22nd November 2007 12:52 AM
JohnDoey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

That's Postin'!

Blowey and Joey are tied!

23rd November 2007 05:22 AM
JohnLeeHacker
quote:
JohnDoey wrote:
Joey clearly does NOT have the posting gene.

He's no John Lee Hacker.

***DOEY LEANING OVER HIS KEYBOARD, CUPPING HIS MOUTH, GIGGLING LIKE A LITTLE SCHOOL GIRL***

W-W-What???

Oh sure.

Huh??
Time to get some drinks with Joey!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)