ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, NL (México) - 1st March 2006
© and thanks Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones songs you like, but understand others not liking Return to archive Page: 1 2
16th November 2007 09:22 PM
Mel Belli It occurred to me that I like the song "100 Years Ago" quite a bit, but also that I can easily imagine a casual or non-fan not "getting" it at all.

There's an obvious bunch of Stones material that is beyond reproach ("Gimme Shelter," "Sympathy," etc). If someone doesn't like it, they're crazy or deaf or 85 years old or some combination of all three.

And then there's material most of us agree sucks ("Back to Zero," "Gomper," etc.)

But what some of the others in between? And don't say "Indian Girl"!

16th November 2007 09:29 PM
ShaneJazz I love the second side of Tattoo You. But others don't care for it as much as I do. Also I adore all of Goat's Head Soup, whereas some fans, and many critics, simply dismiss it as a second rate successor to Exile.
16th November 2007 09:37 PM
pdog The entire TSMR album, I love it, and understand why many don't... I like a few tracks on their own, but it really is an album, like exile, that I listen to all of, not just a song.
17th November 2007 03:41 AM
corgi37 I love, and i mean LOVE, Dandelion!
17th November 2007 08:10 AM
Some Guy Emotional Rescue is just ballsy. The entire thing is hot. It was a one two punch for me. SomeGirls with the jab and then ER with the uppercut. Good times, damn good times.
Don't understand.
[Edited by Some Guy]
17th November 2007 08:12 AM
speedfreakjive i like most of the songs from Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge
17th November 2007 08:54 AM
Bitch I LOVE 'Hot Stuff', but mostly everyone dismisses it at the Stones trying for disco, lol. I have a live version of that song which sends me to heaven.
Youre Hhhotttt!
Hot Stuuuuuuuuff!

cant get enoouuuuuuuugh youre mighty mighty mighty mighty fiiiiiiiiiiiine
17th November 2007 09:19 AM
Bruno
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

And then there's material most of us agree sucks ("Back to Zero," "Gomper," etc.)

I LOVE "Back To Zero". Love that bridge, great vocals, great percussion... I always like when they use cowbell in the songs.

In fact, I dig most of Dirty Work. You guys here complain about Undercover being way underrated, but THAT is an underrated record, IMO.

I´m ready to face the bashing
17th November 2007 10:05 AM
Throwaway Tie You Up (Pain of Love) - rocks but I can see some fans not getting its attitude and dark mood...poor them!
17th November 2007 10:13 AM
muncy23 Undercover, Steel Wheels, and Emotional Rescue are all albums I listen to and enjoy. Others have no place for them and disregard that they were ever recorded. I really dont understand why though.
17th November 2007 10:14 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
muncy23 wrote:
Undercover, Steel Wheels, and Emotional Rescue are all albums I listen to and enjoy. Others have no place for them and disregard that they were ever recorded. I really dont understand why though.

I agree, I reckon its spoilt fans, hehe
17th November 2007 10:28 AM
Zack I just love Too Tight, and can never understand why it's not extremely popular.
17th November 2007 10:36 AM
Gazza Continental Drift would be the obvious one. One of the best things they've ever done IMO.

Feel On Baby, Blue Turns To Grey,Anybody Seen My Baby, etc
17th November 2007 10:53 AM
M.O.W.A.T. Too Much Blood
Send It To Me
Emotional Rescue
17th November 2007 12:12 PM
steel driving hammer
17th November 2007 12:23 PM
speedfreakjive Brand New Car,
17th November 2007 12:27 PM
fireontheplatter sweethearts together
17th November 2007 12:58 PM
sirmoonie Angie
Miss You
Start Me Up
Anybody Seen My Baby
17th November 2007 01:06 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Angie
Miss You
Start Me Up
Anybody Seen My Baby

Miss You and SMU are surely loved by the masses
17th November 2007 01:09 PM
mrhipfl The whole Exile album for some reason. I didn't like it as much as the other big ones when I first got into the Stones but now it's my favorite album by far. I think the casual fan has to be desensitized by listening to SF and LIB before taking the plunge into Exile.
17th November 2007 01:30 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Miss You and SMU are surely loved by the masses

In my experience, many hard core Stones fans relatively dislike both.
17th November 2007 01:46 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

In my experience, many hard core Stones fans relatively dislike both.

true, on the recent tour both were slagged as being unecessary
17th November 2007 03:12 PM
Dan Undercover Of the Night
One Hit To The Body
Terrifying

I LOVE Miss You 2005/2006 especially compared to 1994-1998 but I know a lot of people don't.
17th November 2007 03:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
It occurred to me that I like the song "100 Years Ago" quite a bit, but also that I can easily imagine a casual or non-fan not "getting" it at all.

Coming Down Again

17th November 2007 03:20 PM
MrPleasant Let's Work
17th November 2007 03:23 PM
Joey
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Brand New Car,

Thursday evening , as I prepared dinner for my girlfriend and myself , " Brand New Car " was playing on the stereo . However , whilst cutting the potatoes , I accidentally nicked me finger and drew blood .

As I was putting a bandaid on the cut , I noticed that my Lil' Capillaries in me Red Blood Cells were swaying back & forth to the beat of the song .

Yes , my Stonesian Kin , " IT " is in me blood .... and your's ?!

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

'kins : Est. 1999

[cc:'kins]
[Edited by Joey]
17th November 2007 07:01 PM
Torn and Frayed
quote:
Zack wrote:
I just love Too Tight, and can never understand why it's not extremely popular.

Yeah, it is a fantastic song.
17th November 2007 07:10 PM
Torn and Frayed Fool to Cry and Losing My Touch are two songs I really like. Losing My Touch is much better than the two Keith songs on Bigger Bang in my opinion.
17th November 2007 08:35 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Joey wrote:
Thursday evening , as I prepared dinner for my girlfriend and myself , " Brand New Car " was playing on the stereo . However , whilst cutting the potatoes , I accidentally nicked me finger and drew blood .

As I was putting a bandaid on the cut , I noticed that my Lil' Capillaries in me Red Blood Cells were swaying back & forth to the beat of the song .

That's the kind of posting that just can't be imitated by any knock offs no matter how hard they try!
17th November 2007 09:10 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

'kins : Est. 1999

[cc:'kins]
[Edited by Joey]

the thing I don't get here is how was " Brand New Car " playing on the stereo?
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)