ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Sidemen staringt at Jaxx
Michael Davis, Bobby Keys and Kent Smith in Denver
© 2005 Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: So how would YOU do Rarities? Return to archive
November 25th, 2005 09:43 PM
Child of the Moon I know a lot of us a displeased in varying degrees wih the new Rarities disc. I've heard several say they could do better. So, tell me... what does your Rarities disc look like?

I put this list together. It's pretty much all officially released stuff, and I think this would be worth a lot more than a bunch of remixes and already-available live takes.

1. Bright Lights, Big City (from Chess '64 sessions, released on rare German compilation in '83)
2. Everybody Needs Somebody to Love > Pain in My Heart (from Got LIVE If You Want It EP, 1965)
3. Satisfaction (stereo mix)
4. Under My Thumb (live @ Altamont, '69)
5. Let It Rock (live @ Leeds, '71)
6. Exile On Main Street Blues (without promos)
7. Through the Lonely Nights
8. Beast of Burden (rare 8-track version)
9. Think I'm Going Mad (rare long mix)
10. Fancyman Blues
11. 2000 Light Years From Home (live B-side, '89)
12. Play with Fire (live B-side, '89)
13. The Storm
14. So Young
15. Gimme Shelter (live @ Paradiso, '95)
16. Thru and Thru (live @ MSG, '03)
17. Under the Radar
18. Cocksucker Blues

And THAT'S just volume one...
November 25th, 2005 10:22 PM
mrt i 've made my own rarities cds and i have made 5 of them already.none of the songs are live they are all non releases.
November 25th, 2005 11:48 PM
ResidentMule replace Mannish Boy w/ When The Whip Comes Down Live version(at least I only have that version on 1 cd)

swap Any Way You Look At It for Under the Radar. actually, swap AWYLAI with just about anything you can think of, but it would be nice to have UTR. nothing else from this ABB deluxe edition appeals to me enough to really want to own

get rid of Thru & Thru. use a different Licks/Flicks outtake. I would take Gimme Shelter from the MSG show, maybe another track that got left off one of their DVDs (not necessarily from FF)

Keith needs a song... make it The Harder The Come. and DON'T put it as the last song on the album if you don't mind too much

Play with Fire live from 89. this would be cooler than Mixed Emotions

I've never heard the Don't Stop rock remix. I'm gonna say put that in for Harlem Shuffle. just out of curiousity that I'd like to hear this better version. or if you want to really make me happy, give us a new mix of Rough Justice that sounds like it was done by someone who knows what they were doing

use a different version of Wild Horses, or a different song - just don't take directly from stripped. maybe another Stripped Companion tune like All Down The Line or something.

we could probably do better than Live With Me (is this is No Security version or the Wild Horses single version - I think the booklet said it was from NS which makes the selection even poorer). I love Live With Me and all but the Ya Ya's version is tops, and whichever version is on here I already have it. lets say SWAY '05 instead

Dance Pt. 2 doesn't need to be there. I'm not sure we need it at all, but anyone who wants it can find it on Sucking In The 70's. throw in Jump On Top Of Me. there's a song I don't know why isn't in the Stones' discography

some songs from the Voodoo sessions (or even from B2B - Keith's got quite a few that were left off that record weren't they, at least one of em's gotta be pretty good). stuff from the Got Live EP could be cool, I've never heard it (maybe that deserves its own seperate release - wait, of course it does if they released that awful LP). anyway I don't know enough about any of this material to say what I'd like but its an idea

and last but not least, a cover photo that includes Bill Wyman. actually the artwork for this CD is otherwise fantastic, A+ for that.

make it look something like this:

Under The Radar
Gimme Shelter (live MSG 03)
Tumbling Dice
When The Whip Comes Down (live)
All Down The Line (live)
Don't Stop (rock remix)/Rough Justice (not-suck remix)
Beast Of Burden (live)
Jump On Top Of Me
Miss You - (Dance Version)
The Harder They Come
Wish I'd Never Met You
I Just Wanna Make Love To You - (live)
Play With Fire (live)
Fancy Man Blues
Through The Lonely Nights
Let It Rock (live)
Sway (live)

I think that's a pretty satisfactory tracklist in what I'd hope to be a series of several more like it. not too much of a stretch from the actual product and I think it still does a nice job representing a good time span
November 26th, 2005 01:19 AM
Too Tough I definetly cannot understand why more B-sides weren't included.

Well, actually, I can. It's so they can be released on ANOTHER rarities collection years from now.

And why no "Zip Mouth Angel"? Oh yeah, see answer above.

But for those of you who complain complaints like:

"This thing is pointless"

"Why didn't they include such and such song?" (I belive I've answered that question)

"I don't like the tracklisting, blah blah blah, ad infinitum".

Here's a simple answer: DON'T BUY IT.
November 26th, 2005 06:28 AM
rocky hi !! you who did five cd:s own complication ,,can you give us your's recipe,,?? please,,,
it,'s not easy ,,to ,,do complications,,,iv'e lost control
after 1990,,
one thing i don't like is to mix live & studio tracks,,,
because if i hear one song ,,i like to hear the rest,,of the concert....the best ever complication,ofb sides e.t.c.
is the 4 lp german box set "the best of the rest" ,, rocky
November 26th, 2005 08:18 AM
Flashpoint
quote:
Too Tough wrote:
Here's a simple answer: DON'T BUY IT.

Just Download It
November 26th, 2005 11:58 AM
quackenbush I'm not gonna buy it.
November 26th, 2005 04:40 PM
M.O.W.A.T. My rarities (all versions cleaned up and remastered):

1. Everybody Pay Your Dues (early Street Fighting Man)
2. Honky Tonk Women (with the extra verse)
3. Brown Sugar (with Eric Clapton)
4. Let It Rock
5. Good Time Women (early Tumbling Dice)
6. Uptight/Satisfaction (from 1972 with Stevie Wonder)
7. Drift Away (IORR outtake)
8. Worried About You (live from the El Mocambo '77)
9. Miss You (the 8-track version)
10. Sweet Little Sixteen (live from 1978 tour)
11. Hound Dog (live from 1978 tour)
12. Chantilly Lace (1982 tour)
13. Can't Get Next To You (Voodoo Lounge tour)
14. Like A Rolling Stone (1998 tour with Bob Dylan)
15. Get Up Stand Up (2005 tour)
16. Mr. Pitifull (2005 tour)

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)