ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Sidemen staringt at Jaxx
Michael Davis, Bobby Keys and Kent Smith in Denver
© 2005 Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Metallica video opening for the boyz Return to archive
November 24th, 2005 03:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl http://www.metallica.com/videoplayer/videoselect.asp?media_id=4884
November 24th, 2005 10:07 PM
IanBillen How many cities is Mettallica opening for the Stones on A Bigger Bang?

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
November 25th, 2005 12:43 AM
erikjjf
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
How many cities is Mettallica opening for the Stones on A Bigger Bang?

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]

Metallica opened both shows in San Francisco.
There is a rumour that they will open some shows in Europe as well................from Erik.
November 25th, 2005 03:03 AM
Mickijaggeroo There´s also talk of Motley Crue? I rather see the Crue, they suck, but their entertainment value is high
Saw them on the Monsters Of Rock tour 1984, only thing I remember from their set is a 15 minute version of Shout At The Devil, last 13 minutes only the chorus
November 25th, 2005 03:49 AM
Monkeytonk-man Could anyone post a review of the Metallica show, put in perspective against the Stones headlining, I'm just interested to see what people thought of them.

When Acca Dacca opened for the Stones on the last tour, I read a number of reports saying that they were the better band, a huge achievement for anyone in a support slot, especially with all the bells and whistles the stones have when they play. Of course if there is a band that could give the Stones a run for their money, then it's surely AC/DC. But how did Metallica fare against the Stones? any opinions?
November 25th, 2005 10:43 AM
Dan
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
Could anyone post a review of the Metallica show, put in perspective against the Stones headlining, I'm just interested to see what people thought of them.

When Acca Dacca opened for the Stones on the last tour, I read a number of reports saying that they were the better band, a huge achievement for anyone in a support slot, especially with all the bells and whistles the stones have when they play. Of course if there is a band that could give the Stones a run for their money, then it's surely AC/DC. But how did Metallica fare against the Stones? any opinions?

Apparently they totally ruled those days. But a lot of Stones fans saw it coming and were very frightened at the thought so they hid outside til it was over so they could pretend it didn't happen.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)