ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Sidemen staringt at Jaxx
Michael Davis, Bobby Keys and Kent Smith in Denver
© 2005 Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Mick performance on ABB? Return to archive
November 23rd, 2005 11:16 AM
Jair What is your fave Micks vocal?

My vote goes to Under the Radar and, before, Laugh, I Nearly Died.

November 23rd, 2005 11:26 AM
Jumacfly Driving too fast for me.

I don t talk about the 2 new songs,i consider themselves like the biggest crap ever recorded since Dirty Work -just MHO of course)
November 23rd, 2005 11:32 AM
voodoopug I think Mick does his best work on Laugh I Nearly Died and Let Me Down Real SLow, more of a vintage Jagger vocal performance.
November 23rd, 2005 11:38 AM
pavlovs dog Oh No Not You Again
Laugh, I Nearly Died
Driving Too Fast
November 23rd, 2005 11:48 AM
Jair
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Driving too fast for me.

I don t talk about the 2 new songs,i consider themselves like the biggest crap ever recorded since Dirty Work -just MHO of course)

Ohhh no, JU!
Now you made me sad and shit liquid as Joey!

I loved the new ones, very vintage.
Listening it I remember them in the old days...wait: Am I in the wrong frequency?

Well, considering all those miligrams of drugs I take everyday - plkus, the usual joints and lots of Baby Aspirin - I might be seing the things not so real..., huh?

Ju, anyway, did you download that remix?
Please, my kid is waiting for the comments, even the bad ones.

Many thank

November 23rd, 2005 12:26 PM
Jumacfly Jair! too busy but i ll try to dl the remix tonight and give you my comments!!

you know for the new songs, it s just a matter of taste, may be I was waiting for more originality in the melody and the guitars, but if you like them no problemo(a?)

Nowadays I got to admit I m very disapointed by our dear Stones, sorry.

cheers
Ju
November 23rd, 2005 12:35 PM
Jair
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Jair! too busy but i ll try to dl the remix tonight and give you my comments!!

you know for the new songs, it s just a matter of taste, may be I was waiting for more originality in the melody and the guitars, but if you like them no problemo(a?)

Nowadays I got to admit I m very disapointed by our dear Stones, sorry.

cheers
Ju

Sure, dear Ju.

In Portuguese, problemA, but no problems in "o" too.
I'm also a bit disapoited, no problemA, but I'd hate if they did a new Exile nowadays...

About the guitars, imo they are great in UTR.
Tea!

November 23rd, 2005 12:56 PM
Bruno Stone Dangerous Beauty , Laugh I Nearly Died , Let Me Down Slow.
November 23rd, 2005 01:15 PM
glencar Look What The Cat Dragged In
November 23rd, 2005 01:44 PM
FPM C10 Performance-wise I'll go with Back of My Hand, because it's not only Mick's best Muddy Waters imitation since "Mannish Boy", it's also the debut of his new-found ability on slide (talk about old dogs & new tricks!) as well as a pretty decent job on harp.

November 23rd, 2005 02:57 PM
texile onnya, cat dragged in and back of my hand.
November 23rd, 2005 03:16 PM
Saint Sway Mick sounds great all across Bigger Bang.

Its his finest solo album to date.
November 23rd, 2005 03:19 PM
lotsajizz Driving Too Fast
November 23rd, 2005 06:25 PM
Soldatti Laugh, I Nearly Died
November 23rd, 2005 09:02 PM
Gazza Laugh I Nearly Died

Its his best vocal in many, many years

That said, hes on great form throughout the record - singing, playing and writing too.

Its definitely an Indian Summer of a great career.

[Edited by Gazza]
November 24th, 2005 01:07 AM
IanBillen 1. Laugh I Nearly Died=Amazing Vocal performance. Best since Tatoo You and one of the better vocal performances for that type of tune in his entire career. Name another Rock Star in their sixties singing like that....you can't. That is why he is Mick Jagger.

2. Dangerous Beauty= Micks Ballsy yelp again. Just Great. So good to hear again. And it is done well.

3. Rough Justice. Simple, Strong, and in classic Rolling Stones form.

Jaggers vocals are superb on this album. And the strange thing is they are not really putting all kinds of effects on them. They are sharp, clear, and blunt and are not being hid or masked by anything. They are just great as is. Mick got a new lease on his vocal thanks to him just being Mick, and his new vocal coach. In the past eight years he really has been taking extra care of his throat and all that seems to have saved his voice from losing anything with age as of a long time. His new vocal coach really brings out the ve3ry best in his voice.

When I first heard the album I was stammeredc at how great he sounds still and his vocal range on this album is better than anything since 1981 incredibly! The guy just keeps defying time and shrugging it off. How? Again, he's Mick Jagger.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
[Edited by IanBillen]
November 24th, 2005 01:33 AM
time is on my side Laugh I Nearly Died
Back of My Hand
ONNYA
Let Me Down Slow
Rough Justice

Personally, I thought Mick's vocals, on most of ABB, are great, outstanding (a big thumbs up from me) - his best performance on a STONES album in years.

[Edited by time is on my side]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)