ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Sidemen staringt at Jaxx
Michael Davis, Bobby Keys and Kent Smith in Denver
© 2005 Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rewind, the video, has been released in DVD? Return to archive
November 23rd, 2005 11:06 AM
Jair There is guy selling a Rewind DVD (the videos, of course) here in Brazil and, apparently, doesn't look like a copy...
It has been released as official?
Thank YOU!

November 23rd, 2005 11:17 AM
Gimme Shelter I hadn't heard of Rewind being released, but I have officially released Brazilian DVDs of Let's Spend the Night Together and The Stones in the Park.
November 23rd, 2005 11:58 AM
Jair Many thanks, I will check again.

The official tracklisting is as follow?
Thanks again.

Midnight Rambler
She Was Hot
Hey Negrita
She's So Cold
Emotional Rescue
Waiting On A Friend
(I Can't Get No)Satisfaction
Angie
Brown Sugar
Neighbours
Too Much Blood
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Miss You
Undercover Of The Night
Start Me Up.

November 23rd, 2005 12:11 PM
Andy L I received a DVD transfer of the original video recently (which is still out of print) - here's the track listing: http://www.abklee.f2s.com/rollingstones/videorewind.html
November 23rd, 2005 12:21 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jair wrote:
There is guy selling a Rewind DVD (the videos, of course) here in Brazil and, apparently, doesn't look like a copy...
It has been released as official?

Not to my knowledge it hasnt

Unless theres some unique loophole in Brazil and they released it there, like they did with Lets Spend The Night Together
November 23rd, 2005 12:42 PM
Jair
quote:
Andy L wrote:
I received a DVD transfer of the original video recently (which is still out of print) - here's the track listing: http://www.abklee.f2s.com/rollingstones/videorewind.html

The cover is the same, but the track listing is not.
I am trying find out from the seller whats the origin/label
of the DVD.

November 24th, 2005 09:26 AM
lotsajizz my 20 year old VHS copy can't take many more plays without disintegrating...not to mention the VCR has been retired to the cold part of the house since the arrival of DVD---we had one of those joint VHS/DVD players for a while, but now the media room has just the DVD (and other digital media) player....I had to choose--turntable or VCR...went with the turntable
November 24th, 2005 06:51 PM
corgi37 Man, i havent watched that vid in years. Bit silly to include songs like Rambler and Negrita in there. I mean, you see about 3 seconds of each!

The segments with Aussie character Norman Gunston are priceless.
[Edited by corgi37]
November 24th, 2005 09:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The segments with Aussie character Norman Gunston are priceless.

they're the highlight for me, too - especially the bit at the end when Mick is doing the 'boxer' routine..("you wanna see the fucking state of HIM, mate!") brilliant

Did you ever see the interview he did in '78 with Mick in his Memphis hotel room (presumably all the Rewind stuff was filmed in Memphis too...)?

... "You dont share this bed with Mr Keith Richards, do you?"
November 24th, 2005 10:24 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

they're the highlight for me, too - especially the bit at the end when Mick is doing the 'boxer' routine..("you wanna see the fucking state of HIM, mate!") brilliant

Did you ever see the interview he did in '78 with Mick in his Memphis hotel room (presumably all the Rewind stuff was filmed in Memphis too...)?

... "You dont share this bed with Mr Keith Richards, do you?"

yes i recall that gazza - a big laugh for sure - he also made some reference to keith and drugs as i recall and mick was not impressed

other priceless gunston scenes:

one invloving keith moon - moon tipped a drink over his head and gave him a mouthfull of abuse

also gunston said to Linda McCartney - "that's funny, you don't look japanese!!"
November 25th, 2005 01:30 AM
Daethgod i just scored Rewind VHS on ebay for $10 Aus !
gonna rip it to DVD

Sweeeet !

November 25th, 2005 08:08 AM
Jair If you are interested, check bellow the link where I saw the DVD. Its an auction place.

Also, if you want to buy & need some Portuguese help, feel free to ask me. Will be a pleasure.

The cost is $ 26 "reais" (Braz money), or about 11 USD.

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-37046487-dvd-rolling-stones-video-rewind-clipes-video-oficial-_JM
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)