ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Sidemen staringt at Jaxx
Michael Davis, Bobby Keys and Kent Smith in Denver
© 2005 Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Future Shock - A dream for 2010 - dvd release Return to archive
November 22nd, 2005 08:54 PM
corgi37 Ultimate Stones dvd box set of live stuff - My dream.

Ok, imagine if you will, its 2010. The Stones are gone. We only get re-packaged greatest hits compilations every Christmas. But, old man Jagger wants something different for 2010. So, a multi dvd set is announced. Ok, this is fantasy, but I’ve tried to keep it as realistic as possible. I didn’t include 69, as copyright stuff might prohibit it. Plus, Gimme Shelter is already out and magnificent as a stand alone. I don’t think a full show was recorded. Or, if it was, is located. I could be wrong, but I am sure Maysles says on the GS dvd he doesn’t know where the full MSG footage is. So, lets leave it out. Also, being some what realistic, Cocksucker Blues isn’t included. Also, I feel the Licks tour has enough stuff on it, so leave that out.

72 – Ladies and Gentlemen - full 5.1 remix. Includes bonus footage of Stevie Wonder doing Satisfaction. Commentary from band. Commentary from fans. Added extras – Full stereo mix of another unedited concert. Stills. BONUS: Footage of 73 Euro & Aussie tours. Interview with Stevie Wonder and other support bands. Exose on Cocksucker Blues. Full interview of Wyman & Jagger by Dick Cavett.

75. Full L.A. show. Re-mixed. Commentary from band, including Billy Preston. Behind the scenes footage of stage creation. Stage design blue-prints. Stage design features with full explanation. Annie Leibovitz stills gallery. BONUS: Footage from 76 Euro tour (IE: The Paris shows). BONUS: Footage from Knebworth, band commentary about Knebworth show. I/v with Ron Wood about his feelings on his 1st tour. Rehearsal footage. I know for a fact there is a little doco made on the tour. Or, it could be the 76 tour. Either way, include that too. BONUS: SCreen saver of the inflateable cock.

78 – Full re-mix of any available shows. Not sure if a full show exists. Does one? Band commentary on punk challenge. 3 clips from SNL – with commentary from, say, Chevy Chase (or who ever was on the show). News footage of riot out side small pub gig prior to tour. BONUS: Stills gallery. Full stereo remix of, say, New Jersey show - audio only. I/v with attitudes of punk people to Stones in 78. Bonus: Footage of Stones at Jerry Lewis telethon. But, best of all, full, uncut footage from Aussie host “Norman Gunston”. Now, you Yanks and Euro’s don’t know who he was, but he was a character invented by Aussie actor Gary McDonald in the 70’s (Incidently, his wife took Maryanne Faithfull’s role in Ned Kelly!!). Jagger loved the character, and “Gunston” was allowed unprecedented access to the 78 tour. Some of the footage is included in the “REWIND” video. Not included in that video was a very amusing interview in Jagger’s hotel room. 1 scene included a search under Jagger’s bed for drugs. “Norman Gunston” is no doubt a influence and was copied by the guy from England who did “Alan Partridge”. Gunston’s other highlights include an amazing interview with Sally Struthers, a highjacking of a press conference with Mohammed Ali, which nearly ended in a brawl, and Gunston going to Georgia (Carter was Prez), dressed in a Klan outfit, asking black people if they are related to Prez Carter.

81 – Full 5.1 re-mix & re-edit of Hal Ashby film. Commentary from Ashby. Commentary from band. Commentary from stage crew, roadies, stage designers. News footage of tour announcement & full press conference. Interviews with support bands. BONUS: stills, footage from 82 Euro tour. ½ a dozen or so stereo versions of songs not featured in the Hal Ashby film or on Still Life. Footage of Mick Taylor performing with the band.

OR, Fully restored 5.1 mix of Hampton Roads show. i/v with people who arranged the 1st pay per view show in history. I/v with George Thorogood. i/v with Peter Wolf. Maybe even interview with guy who got clobbered over the head by Keith.

89 – Full unedited show. Which one to choose? Who cares! But, 100% not that dreadful IN THE MAX show. 5.1 mix. Full press conference. Stage design facts & figures. Footage & doco on logistics of assembling stage. Interviews with all band members about being on road for 1st time in 7 years. BONUS: News broadcasts, Full interview by Matt Stone (I still have this on VHS), i/v from support acts, stills gallery. BONUS: Doco on making of Steel Wheels. BONUS: a few fully 5.1 restored songs from Tokyo Dome. Promo clips for Mixed Emotions and Rock and a hard place.

94/95 – Full version of Miami show. Interviews/footage with Bo Diddley. Commentary from stage designers. Full comprehensive intricate details of stage/sound system facts & trivia. I/v with support acts IE: Sheryl Crowe. BONUS: Stills gallery, fact and figures of the tour. Interview with band members on playing places they haven’t toured before, or in a long time IE: South America, Australia, South Africa. Full press conference announcing the tour. Tour facts & figures. Full set lists of songs performed. Added bonus: Full “Stripped” Amsterdam show. Don Was i/v. Promo clips for Love is strong & Out of tears. I/v with band and live cross of “I go wild” that featured on some awards show I saw. It was hosted by Denis Miller.

97/98 – St. Louis show I guess (with the audience turned WAY DOWN). Tour stats. Stage design info. Full press conference. Today show interview. BONUS: Full unedited show from No Security. Dunno which one, as don’t know much about that tour. Explanation about No Security tour and reasons for it. Stills gallery. ½ dozen 5.1 versions of songs performed, but not included, in St. Loius show. Stuff like Anybody seen my baby etc. Maybe some footage from Europe. Promo clips for ABSMB & SOM.

What ya'll think? I'd buy this shit in a heartbeat. Again, i am trying to be realistic.
November 22nd, 2005 08:57 PM
pavlovs dog I'll PM you my credit card number right now! Christmas is right around the corner.

Nice to see there are other total obsessives out there!

I have actually altered my posting persona to be 2nd fiddle to Joey, Voodoopug and Jair in order that people think I am person like them and less of a wack job.

[Edited by pavlovs dog]
November 24th, 2005 06:53 PM
corgi37 It aint working yet, Pavlovs!
November 24th, 2005 07:00 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
It aint working yet, Pavlovs!

I know, it's a work in progress.

Hey I rebutted your response to my 10 things about America in the Censorship on IORR thread. Did you read it?
November 26th, 2005 01:56 AM
corgi37 Yes, and i replied. I think. I better check.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)