ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Sidemen staringt at Jaxx
Michael Davis, Bobby Keys and Kent Smith in Denver
© 2005 Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: American Music Awards TONIGHT! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
November 23rd, 2005 11:15 PM
the good
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
AMAs are on OZ TV tonight

man i sdont know if i wanna watch ..
was it really that bad ??

Yes
November 23rd, 2005 11:21 PM
Dan
quote:
pavlovs dog wrote:
If the Stones are hard on you perhaps you may wish to try
BoyzIIMen.

I find it very easy to be a Stones fan

But I see where Sir Stonesalot is coming from. One of my favorite mantras of obsessive fanship is being a die hard fan means you get taken advantage of.

I am sick of being taken advantage of. I don't let it happen anymore. I didn't really care if I saw any shows this tour and didn't go dropping a few grand so I could see 2 shows with a date from a so called hot seat. I don't have pre OR post May 9 fan club codes.

In the end, I spent $20 each on 2 tickets for Anaheim Stadium, kicked back drinking beer and hearing the Hollywood Bowl shows perfectly from outside until I picked the opportune moment to just walk in, my friend who I gave the extra Anaheim ticket to returned the favor by winning onstage seats and giving me his extra then I sat in an almost perfect seat right next to the stage in Fresno for $122 ($350+30+fan club face).

If starts seeming a little hard to be a fan, simply stop being that kind of fan and things just might work out anyway.
November 23rd, 2005 11:38 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
Dan wrote:

I am sick of being taken advantage of. I don't let it happen anymore. I didn't really care if I saw any shows this tour and didn't go dropping a few grand so I could see 2 shows with a date from a so called hot seat. I don't have pre OR post May 9 fan club codes.

In the end, I spent $20 each on 2 tickets for Anaheim Stadium, kicked back drinking beer and hearing the Hollywood Bowl shows perfectly from outside until I picked the opportune moment to just walk in, my friend who I gave the extra Anaheim ticket to returned the favor by winning onstage seats and giving me his extra then I sat in an almost perfect seat right next to the stage in Fresno for $122 ($350+30+fan club face).

If starts seeming a little hard to be a fan, simply stop being that kind of fan and things just might work out anyway.

The Stones are into me for THOUSANDS this year! I joined the fan club, spent 800 to take my wife to see them in Hartford. I scalped a ticket for the MSG show for $350 plus a plane ticket,hotel,etc. plus I bought TWO copies of ABB the day it was released PLUS ABB/DVD yesterday AND Rarities,despite having every song on there somewhere or another. Then there's the shirts, the merch, the books, the bootlegs, it goes on and on.

We pay a price for being a Stones fan.

sounds like you got your money's worth!
[Edited by pavlovs dog]
November 23rd, 2005 11:44 PM
mrt if you people don't like what the stones do go listen to mariah and lindsey.
November 23rd, 2005 11:52 PM
Dan
quote:
mrt wrote:
if you people don't like what the stones do go listen to mariah and lindsey.

I took a wait and see attitude when the tour was announced in case a better gig came along. I almost ditched the So Cal gigs to go see the Reigning Sound (a REAL rock n roll band if there ever was one) and Front 242. Also was going to see Depeche Mode and Gwen Stefani if Fresno didn't come together so perfectly.

And Pavlov's Dog - i saw the Stones 23 times prior to this tour and spent several thousand as well. Promised myself I wasn't going to do it again. Been to over 500 gigs in my life and never saw one that worth more than a hundred. The greatest gig I ever saw in my life was when I was walking by a venue and someone gave me a ticket to see some band I never heard of before.

But if you had a good time and didn't go into debt over it, regret the expenses or end up divorced then it was absolutely money well spent.
November 24th, 2005 01:59 AM
padre Is there any site one can see these performances?
November 24th, 2005 09:21 AM
Gazza
quote:
padre wrote:
Is there any site one can see these performances?

www.trainwrecks.com apparently
November 24th, 2005 01:47 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Gazza wrote:

www.trainwrecks.com apparently

Hah! Fuckin' Brilliant!
November 24th, 2005 03:59 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
Dan wrote:

and Pavlov's Dog - i saw the Stones 23 times prior to this tour and spent several thousand as well. Promised myself I wasn't going to do it again. Been to over 500 gigs in my life and never saw one that worth more than a hundred. The greatest gig I ever saw in my life was when I was walking by a venue and someone gave me a ticket to see some band I never heard of before.

But if you had a good time and didn't go into debt over it, regret the expenses or end up divorced then it was absolutely money well spent.

I'm not diagreeing with you. I spent $ 40 for ABB/DVD & Rarities and Ifeel sort of cheated. My trip to MSG in
January is my Christmas present from my wife. My point is that there is a price to being a Stones fan. Is it still worth it for you? Tuesday was kind of a lousy day for Stones fans if you consider the promise of 2 new releases and a live TV appearance and what a let down the actual reality of that all was. But Wednesday I woke up and I was OK. I LOVE The Rolling Stones. Sometimes they piss me off, disappoint me, even bore me, but I always come back. I NEED them!!

November 24th, 2005 04:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot >My trip to MSG in
January is my Christmas present from my wife.<

Oh Piggy...PLEASE tell me you are going to the MSG show on the 20th!

I am hereby officially inviting you to the official Rocks Off/Lotus Couch {{{{SUMMIT of the CENTURY}}}}. Please say that you will attend. I was worried that there might be some trouble between my pal FPM and some of the right wingnuts that inhabit these two boards...but if you come, I won't have to worry about any of that. Everyone will be too busy busting on you to have time for politics!

I just hope LJ leaves enough of you(and let's face it, there is enough of you!)for me to point and laugh at.

I promise though...if you show up and start choking on a chicken bone or something, I will save your lardass(I'm an EMT.). But if you need mouth to mouth...I'm sorry to say, boy, you are gonna die.
November 24th, 2005 04:59 PM
The Wick
quote:
padre wrote:
Is there any site one can see these performances?

Trust me, it's not a good idea to try. Keep the image you have in your head clean.
November 24th, 2005 05:10 PM
Daethgod well i just saw the Stones on the AMAs and thought they were awesome !
a couple of clunks in beginning of Rain Fall Down, but the band was cooking

bunch of cynical whiny farkers on here

is always good to see the Stones

why the fark is that Cedric guy called an entertainer ?
He should be called Cedric The Tool

November 24th, 2005 05:30 PM
Gazza Just watched it

First half was an abortion

second half wasnt bad, although not really worthy of repeated viewing

The video is being premiered on Channel 4 in the next half hour or so
[Edited by Gazza]
November 24th, 2005 06:27 PM
corgi37 I saw it last night. I'm not a huge fan of the song. I thought it was as dull as dishwater. I think its one of those songs that dont translate well live. I feel that way with a song like Monkey Man. I adore the LIB version, but live, they just cant match the magic. Anyway, if i was a casual fan, or an interested person, i would have turned it off. It was so boring! IORR, for what they showed, was pretty good. I feel maybe they chose that song because of its funky stylings to try to suit the audience.

And, i gotta say, what a frigging crap show. I feel sorry for you Yanks having to put up with "celebrities" like that. It was embarrassing. And whats up with all these trumped up superstars who cant read simple frigging monitors? They always stuff up the hilarious lines they are given to read.

And, i cant beleive some of the winners. Will Smith! I mean, come on. It was so contrived. And, 10 gallon hats everywhere! Isnt it bad manners to wear your hat inside?
November 24th, 2005 07:01 PM
Gazza we didnt get IORR

When they crossed over to the Stones live feed it was at the end of the song before Rain Fell Down

maybe someone can torrent a DVD of it?
November 24th, 2005 07:53 PM
charlotte Sorry to hear about this:
Ex-Manchester United star George Best is spending his final hours in hospital after doctors said his deteriorating condition was irreversible.
November 24th, 2005 11:29 PM
the good
quote:
Gazza wrote:
we didnt get IORR

When they crossed over to the Stones live feed it was at the end of the song before Rain Fell Down

maybe someone can torrent a DVD of it?

IORR was pretty good. Some nice guitar licks by Ronnie. But I suppose anything that even managed to keep time would sound fantastic after the debacle that was rain fell down.
November 25th, 2005 05:37 AM
Jumping Jack I will get a copy to Mr. D to torrent if there is really demand to have a permanent record of this show. Personally, I would like to destroy all the evidence, LOL!!!
November 25th, 2005 08:32 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Nellcote wrote:
Hey Max, you lost the death pool.
Billy is alive & well!

Yeah but his career hasn't had a pulse for 25 years.

YES!!!

Maxlugar: Slayin' 'em online since 1995!
November 25th, 2005 11:23 AM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
pavlovs dog wrote:

If the Stones are hard on you perhaps you may wish to try
BoyzIIMen.

I find it very easy to be a Stones fan

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!
November 25th, 2005 11:58 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh the music is fine...I just don't like the corporate Stones Inc. part of it. It's just sooooo NOT rock n roll.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)