ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Sidemen staringt at Jaxx
Michael Davis, Bobby Keys and Kent Smith in Denver
© 2005 Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: American Music Awards TONIGHT! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
November 23rd, 2005 02:55 PM
texile
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I was watching in bed last night.

What I witnessed made me try and smoother myself with my own pillow.

When I succeeded in only giving myself a headache, I took my clock radio and began viciously pummeling my nads in a horrific attempt at self mutilation.

It was that bad.

Stones fans around the globe are hanging their heads in shame and smashing themselves in the balls with their clock radios today.

Here is a small sample of words that came to mind seconds after the AMA(!) cut The Rolling Stones(!) off midway through a toothless IORR:

Lame
Clown-like
Tired
Nut shriveling
Embarrassment
$175-$450
Nebraska
Big tours no more.

I then went to sleep disgusted.

END.

ha ha......
you alternate between offending me and cracking me up lugar...

i'm glad i didn't see it....
THAT bad?
a perfect combination.
November 23rd, 2005 03:33 PM
Some Guy It sucked!

They got blowed away by the some lame assed group called the all american rejects.

Where is that U2 website?
November 23rd, 2005 03:41 PM
Nellcote Hey Max, you lost the death pool.
Billy is alive & well!
Hey Sway, hope you are not looked upon pinata like wearing that bag...
November 23rd, 2005 03:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
It sucked!

They got blowed away by the some lame assed group called the all american rejects.

most of the performances this tour have been fantastic, i have been to four shows so far and heard numerous others. This was a low point and I am sure that Mick will be firing some production people and there will be a closed door meeting of some sort. MIck was humilated as he knew that the message boards would be flooding with posts involvind self mutilation and U2 comments. Sadly, young Joey will be selling his ticket to the Quest Center.
November 23rd, 2005 03:43 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

www.U2Tours.com

November 23rd, 2005 03:47 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

most of the performances this tour have been fantastic, i have been to four shows so far and heard numerous others. This was a low point and I am sure that Mick will be firing some production people and there will be a closed door meeting of some sort. MIck was humilated as he knew that the message boards would be flooding with posts involvind self mutilation and U2 comments. Sadly, young Joey will be selling his ticket to the Quest Center.

As P Diddy was heard saying at his after party "those guys were the stones?"
November 23rd, 2005 03:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

As P Diddy was heard saying at his after party "those guys were the stones?"

we must all move on past this low point....every one trips and falls in front of a crowd at one point, it doesnt mean we cant walk, it just means we tripped! At least Jay Leno has new material now.

Sadly, i was too humiliated to wear a stones shirt to my office today, i had to dig out an old shirt from my Fraternity instead.
November 23rd, 2005 03:51 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

most of the performances this tour have been fantastic, i have been to four shows so far and heard numerous others. This was a low point and I am sure that Mick will be firing some production people and there will be a closed door meeting of some sort. MIck was humilated as he knew that the message boards would be flooding with posts involvind self mutilation and U2 comments.

Do you think this chapter in Stones history will rank up there with the Redlands bust, The Death of Brian and Altamont?

Time to move on brothers!

the sigma 6 quotient of potential Stones fans who were turned away from the light last night would be an insignificant statistic, not even within the margin of error for a Nielsen poll.

They stumbled, they are probably back up already. Keith and Ronnie are having a good laugh at Mick's expense.

November 23rd, 2005 03:51 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

we must all move on past this low point....every one trips and falls in front of a crowd at one point, it doesnt mean we cant walk, it just means we tripped! At least Jay Leno has new material now.

Sadly, i was too humiliated to wear a stones shirt to my office today, i had to dig out an old shirt from my Fraternity instead.

i like the cut of your jib.
November 23rd, 2005 03:52 PM
Some Guy I toyed with the idea of renouncing my Stonesness.
November 23rd, 2005 04:14 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I toyed with the idea of renouncing my Stonesness.

" Bono brings a young girl on stage during Mysterious Ways, but rather than dance he picks her up and gives her a piggy-back ride around the ellipse. Stuck In a Moment is dedicated to Michael Hutchence; it's the 8th anniversary of his death. Patti Smith joins the band for Instant Karma again tonight, but the concert comes to an abrupt end at the end of the song for reasons unknown. Bono suddenly leads her off-stage, and the band stops the song to follow then. They come back out and try to restart the song, but it doesn't work and the band leaves again. The lights come on and the show is over. Some fans at the show say Smith looked like she was feeling ill on stage. "

http://www.u2tours.com/

November 23rd, 2005 04:15 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
until the Neilson viewing numbers are officially in from last night

If the numbers from the recent CMA awards are any indicator of 'award show viewership' these days, I think we can all start sleeping again.

If you're gonna suck, it might as well be in Utah. Or, as Chris Robinson used to joke, "We always blow the important gigs."

[Edited by KeepRigid]
November 23rd, 2005 04:16 PM
Jumping Jack Slipped in the Rain Falling Down and went boom. Last night should never be spoken of again, RFD must never be played again, and a 3rd release of ABB is now required with RFD edited out.

I fell Joshy's humiliation! A sad day for real Stones fans!!!
November 23rd, 2005 04:26 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Slipped in the Rain Falling Down and went boom. Last night should never be spoken of again, RFD must never be played again, and a 3rd release of ABB is now required with RFD edited out.

I fell Joshy's humiliation! A sad day for real Stones fans!!!

I'm selling my QWEST CENTER ticket

|
|
|
V

November 23rd, 2005 04:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I toyed with the idea of renouncing my Stonesness.

We must all credit Michael and more specifically Young Jake Cohl. The amount of walk up ticket sales generated by word of mouth and such fantastic information outlets as Rollingstones.com is amazing. The fan friendly/interactive website is not only offering innovative screensavers, email service, front tickets for an affordable nominal fee, behind the scenes virtual ticket, etc, but young Jake has the vision to post several reviews of the shows that will encourage folks to buy last minute tickets.

Case in point, yesterday afternoon I received an update from Rollingstones.com. This coincided with a show that had up to that point sold poorly. I was able to pull up several blocks of 8 tickets all over the stadium hours before. If many members of the fan club are like us (die hard fans), they immediately clicked the link and read the news on rollingstones.com, also seeing that the stones were playing that night and it was the place to be!

Sure, i am positive that some venues are papered to appear sold out, but the lines for tickets at such places as San Diego and Milwaukee are quite impressive. I had a vicious arguement with JB yesterday regaridng ticket sales. He feared the Salt Lake Venue would remain a non sellout. I told him that young Jake would not let that happen!

Boy was I right. The reason that the fans were not charged up like a crowd at MSG is because they were probably not big time fans and bought their tickets last minute due to innovative marketing.

I encourage all who have not yet, join the rs.com platinum fan club......it will be worth it just for the DVD alone!
November 23rd, 2005 04:29 PM
Joey " Nicky Hopkins and Billy Preston are spinning in their graves."

When did Preston pass away ?!?!?! .......Oh , Frig it !!!! HERE :

[ Edited by Steelie ]

[Edited by Joey]
November 23rd, 2005 04:41 PM
Some Guy Is Utah a strange place?
November 23rd, 2005 04:44 PM
Some Guy We all get to chill tomorrow and watch the phenomenon known as Mike Vick play tomorrow. He recently signed a seven figure endorsment deal with Butterfingers.
November 23rd, 2005 04:57 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Is Utah a strange place?

I have not felt this devastated since :

November 23rd, 2005 05:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot Look at the bright side...at least they didn't play Streets Of Love.

Seriously, how could this have turned out any different?

I knew they were gonna do a new song..and since they already did RJ, and Mick can't play BOMH very well live, I had it pegged as SOL.

SOL, or RFD, same difference. Play a lame song get a lame performance.

I'm glad I didn't watch it. Now I can honestly say that I didn't see it, and deny that it ever happened.

Sometimes the Stones make it REALLY hard to be a fan.

I picked up "Rarities" yesterday. As I was walking up to the counter to pay, I realized something...I already have all this stuff. Why am I paying $13.99 for it again? I put it back. I'll be skipping the "Deluxe" edition ABB as well. I don't like the album, and the DVD looks boring. Maybe I'll buy it after Xmas on eBay for $3.00. Still seems like a waste of 3 bucks though....
November 23rd, 2005 05:54 PM
Some Guy Sup Sir Stonesalot?
November 23rd, 2005 06:02 PM
texile hey sir - i didn't see it either...ignorance is bliss.
does through the lonely nights justify buying rarities?
November 23rd, 2005 06:07 PM
glencar Well, I did buy Rarities. The booklet is full of mistakes. Horrible. As for RFD last night, it started horribly but did pick up towards the end. I have it on my PC but I don't know if I'll put it on DVD.
November 23rd, 2005 06:17 PM
Daethgod AMAs are on OZ TV tonight

man i sdont know if i wanna watch ..
was it really that bad ??

November 23rd, 2005 06:37 PM
Soldatti The whole show sucked big time. The american awards shows, nowadays, are horrible, I used to think that the MTV awards during the 90's were shit but it was a glory if we compare with today shows.
November 23rd, 2005 06:43 PM
Dan Damn, glad I missed it.

But sometimes they totally nail that song. Hope this doesn't discourage them from playing it again, its one of my favorites.

Listen to this killer version

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20FXYBS9POWLO1VR9RU7KIIR3U
November 23rd, 2005 06:52 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Mick Taylor would never have allowed this to happen.

Nicky Hopkins and Billy Preston are spinning in their graves.

hi Macky!
please don't be so sad, turn off your computer and play brussels 73...
oh wait....... IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!
November 23rd, 2005 10:31 PM
keithriffhard you know everyone's frowning about how horrible the song was, but the show in whole was fucking amazing! come on. it was a great show. that one song sucked and what was horrible about it is that everyone in the world watched the one song that sucked and ranks Salt Lake as a horrible show all around. bull shit! if a bootleg comes out you listen and you'll love.
November 23rd, 2005 10:44 PM
sammy davis jr. Very disappointing- Iwas ready to spring for great seats in Chicago but now.......The whole "looseness" that we all love in the Stones has become sloppiness, bum notes, missed cues, etc. Even the way Keith starts IORR now just sucks. The song is like a parody of itself now. I listened to ABB twice-nothing remotely moves me. I haven't listened since. I will get Rarities 'cause I don't have everything on it. I do like the track list on Rarities, even though it's all been released before.
November 23rd, 2005 11:09 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Sometimes the Stones make it REALLY hard to be a fan.

If the Stones are hard on you perhaps you may wish to try
BoyzIIMen.

I find it very easy to be a Stones fan

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)