ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Sidemen staringt at Jaxx
Michael Davis, Bobby Keys and Kent Smith in Denver
© 2005 Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: American Music Awards TONIGHT! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
November 22nd, 2005 11:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Out of your minds!!!!!

They pulled out a new song and NAILED it!!! What were YOU guys watching???????

I cannot believe my local ABC affiliate yanked IORR for commercials??

Proud......PROUD......to be a Stones fan tonight.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]

Right on LJ!! Wasn't perfect, but I love this song. Good funky dance beat! Since they played it tonight, I probably won't get to hear it in Denver. Damn!!

Truly, the Stones were the best of the AMA's!!
November 22nd, 2005 11:07 PM
Shawn20 I just don't believe Rain Fall Down is the best song off of the new album to showcase their talents.
November 22nd, 2005 11:10 PM
LadyJane I really don't know what most of you expect from these men.

They give us everything they have...yet....it never seems quite good enough.

It was great to see MY band on prime time TV in the year 2005. They did not disappoint me nor their reputation. Would you have been happier with Start Me Up???

A new song....I'm satisfied...

Nighty night gang.

LJ.
November 22nd, 2005 11:12 PM
Lazy Bones I'm with LJ. I thought Rain was good. Not great, but good. It's the first time I've seen or heard it live and for a track from ABB that never really grabbed me, I thought it succeed on stage.

Not to mention the fact, as LJ pointed out, they opened the 2-song set with a newbie.

...I must say the camera work is what made me nauseous.
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
November 22nd, 2005 11:13 PM
the good I actually like RFD, but they were so off that I thought they were going to have to stop the song and start up again. A lesser band would have totally fallen apart in that situation.
November 22nd, 2005 11:14 PM
PartyDoll MEG Night LJ-- Talk to you Thursday!!!
November 22nd, 2005 11:17 PM
voodoopug we have been totally humiliated. Awful performance, the stones were given the hook by the local networks and every crowd shot showed bored people just sitting/standing there.

This is a low moment for a band that has been playing great lately and has released a VERY good album.
November 22nd, 2005 11:19 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
we have been totally humiliated. Awful performance, the stones were given the hook by the local networks and every crowd shot showed bored people just sitting/standing there.

This is a low moment for a band that has been playing great lately and has released a VERY good album.

my advice to you Flounder...

is to drink heavily

I WAS PISSED for about 10 minutes

but now I'm over it

Poor Mick, I DO love him so!

God Bless The Rolling Stones!

May The Good Lord Shine A Light On You
Make Every Song Your Favorite Tune!
November 22nd, 2005 11:24 PM
the good [quote]LadyJane wrote:
I really don't know what most of you expect from these men.

They give us everything they have...yet....it never seems quite good enough.

It was great to see MY band on prime time TV in the year 2005. They did not disappoint me nor their reputation. Would you have been happier with Start Me Up???

A new song....I'm satisfied...

Nighty night gang.

LJ.
[quote]

Lady Jane, I don't like negativity. And I try to make positive comments whenever that is possible. But anybody who can count to four could hear the Stones having some trouble on that one.
November 22nd, 2005 11:24 PM
LadyJane Howe can I go to bed??????

I'm a stubborn redheaded bitch!!!!

Come on.....howe can you all say they totally sucked????

Is anyone with me????

Rough crowd..but I respect all of you.

LJ.

November 22nd, 2005 11:27 PM
Riffhard They were fine guys. Lighten up. Bottom line is this. 43 years after the band's inception they are closing a major awards show on a major network. Now I ask you. How many other bands in the history of popular music has had that honor? Not only that,but the show was teasing their appeaance for the entire show prior to the performance. That is a sure sign of respect,and it shows the network's knowledge that many people were tuned in to see the Stones in the first place! Please let me know when lesser bands are in the same situation.

Riffhard
November 22nd, 2005 11:28 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Howe can I go to bed??????

I'm a stubborn redheaded bitch!!!!

Come on.....howe can you all say they totally sucked????

Is anyone with me????

Rough crowd..but I respect all of you.

LJ.

They didn't totally suck, but they weren't great either. You got to give Mick credit, he doesn't want to sit back on his laurels, he keeps trying.

No matter what I still LOVE the Rolling Stones. The World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band!

November 22nd, 2005 11:29 PM
LadyJane [quote]Riffhard wrote:
They were fine guys. Lighten up. Bottom line is this. 43 years after the band's inception they are closing a major awards show on a major network. Now I ask you. How many other bands in the history of popular music has had that honor? Not only that,but the show was teasing their appeaance for the entire show prior to the performance. That is a sure sign of respect,and it shows the network's knowledge that many people were tuned in to see the Stones in the first place! Please let me know when lesser bands are in the same situation.

Riffhard

Thank you.........

I can rest now..........

Leave it to YOU!...............
LJ.
November 22nd, 2005 11:33 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Thank you.........

I can rest now..........

Leave it to YOU!...............
LJ.

I think that sometimes as Stones' fans we loose sight of the forrest for the trees. Not you and I,of course LJ. We know the score!

Riffy
November 22nd, 2005 11:33 PM
PartyDoll MEG LJ the Stones didn't suck!! The whole AMA's sucked except the Stones!!- from Lindsay Lohan to Annie Lennox (and I love her!). The Stones pulled RFD off in the end, they just screwed up the beginning. And only the Stones can screw up a song and still look great!!!
November 22nd, 2005 11:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pavlovs dog wrote:

my advice to you Flounder...

is to drink heavily

I WAS PISSED for about 10 minutes

but now I'm over it

Poor Mick, I DO love him so!

Make Every Song Your Favorite Tune!

well put
November 22nd, 2005 11:37 PM
LadyJane "Poor Mick, I DO love him so!

Make Every Song Your Favorite Tune!"

Good thoughts.....very nice way to end the evening.

Happy Thankgiving everyone!!!!

LJ.
November 22nd, 2005 11:39 PM
the good
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
They were fine guys. Lighten up. Bottom line is this. 43 years after the band's inception they are closing a major awards show on a major network. Now I ask you. How many other bands in the history of popular music has had that honor? Not only that,but the show was teasing their appeaance for the entire show prior to the performance. That is a sure sign of respect,and it shows the network's knowledge that many people were tuned in to see the Stones in the first place! Please let me know when lesser bands are in the same situation.

Riffhard

Riffhard, you are eloquent as always. But wrong in this case. It was a bad performance. And the fact that they are the Stones, an act with one of the greatest reputations in the history of show business, doesn't change the fact that a lot of people tuned in and saw a bad performance. But its cool. I'm going to throw in Exile and have a drink.
November 23rd, 2005 12:02 AM
The Wick Embarassing, Embarassing, Embarassing, Debacle. Now come and say that they are not that bad in preparing things. The sound was fucking awful, the choice of songs was terrible. It was awful. Riffhard, you are right but for their one major appearance apart from the Superbowl, that was a shambles. The whole thing about Rain Fall Down is the riff and you could hardly hear it. Jagger has to get off the guitar for that and start prancing around and being himself. IORR was a shocking choice. They should have thrown in something more adventurous like Paint it Black or even gone for an old favorite like Satisfaction. The Eurythmics upstaged the boys tonight, whether people admit it or not.
November 23rd, 2005 12:04 AM
Saint Sway they sucked and worst of all they embarrassed themselves

the proof is in seeing even the most loyal Stones fans here fumbling to come up with lame excuses to cover the stank of that sad performance.

posting lame excuses like "its good to see them on tv in 2005" or "at least they got to close the show" is silly. As silly as saying "at least their socks matched."

they sucked. They were given a great opportunity and blew it. Bad.

very humiliating

[Edited by Saint Sway]
November 23rd, 2005 05:27 AM
luxury1 Well, I didnt think they sucked, but the three guitars were sounding awfully out of tune with each other during RFD (or it could have been the bad sound of the TV), and Mick did flub the lines on RFD--poor guy looked like a deer caught in the headlights for a few moments, but they did pull it together, but not before I noticed how pale Mick's face grew, and the sweat rivlets running down. They are pros at getting out of these "jams", and I was perversely interested to see how they would pull this one off.
November 23rd, 2005 07:24 AM
LadyJane I gotta watch this again....as I feel like a total sheep this a.m.

No time this a.m.....but later.

LJ.

November 23rd, 2005 08:58 AM
Jumping Jack JB must be humiliated after that disgrace.
November 23rd, 2005 09:07 AM
gimmekeef I'm more outraged by the cutting off of IORR than the less than stellar RFD...Guitars were out of tune and way too low..camera work was worst I've seen since Ed Sullivan for chrissakes.They need to stay away from these lame award shows.By the way at last count I figured there was at least 50 guys in those stupid black country hats...now thats lame....As far as RFD its not a bad live tune but they need to let Darryl swing a bit more in the middle cause that'd get the crowd goin I think...
November 23rd, 2005 09:29 AM
Nellcote 3 out of five for RFD
Incomplete for IORR

RFD had the potential for a good number, Daryl had a solo for a portion of it, which I thought was odd for one of two tv numbers. Keith seemed lost not knowing when Mick was playing guitar or not. Ronnie seemed into it. Audio drifted in & out, can't networks get this simulcast right by now?

IORR started well, Keith on his game, then the cut to commercial. If you recall, there was some down time before RFD, for the sync in of the shot, it would seem ABC had the timing cut too close, it's criminal to cut from the last act you've been pumping with promos all night.

Makes one think what/how the Super Bowl set will be developed. They are going to have considerable time that day, they will be the spectacle act, here's hoping it's not a thrown together performance...
November 23rd, 2005 09:30 AM
Joey " He's been a bit lazy in recent weeks though "

!!!!!

" I see some have accused him of having ran out of decent material. "

Oh , Michael Cohl's decision to have the boys perform one of their new tracks " LIVE " on National Television ranks right up there with Bushie43's decision to go into Iraq ( the 'Nam ) . Abysmal .

I pray the GOD we do not hear many new songs at THE QWEST CENTER

Jacky

November 23rd, 2005 09:34 AM
Jumping Jack Worse the MU with JT. A new low!!!
November 23rd, 2005 09:38 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
A new low!!!

Amen !!!!

The Who would NEVER embarrass themselves on a national television broadcast like what we all witnessed last evening ( er, please discount Live Aid ' 85 ) .

I'm aghast .......

I'm .................................

**** END TRANSMISSION *****
November 23rd, 2005 09:41 AM
Nellcote Hey young Joey, not so fast on that Bush comment.
Them is fighting words.
Recall how you felt on 09/12/01.
The 3000 innocent woman, men and children died a brutal death that day.
November 23rd, 2005 09:53 AM
MP I agree with LadyJane.....nothing wrong with that performance,granted, it wasn't their best, but I think it was the sound due to transmitting from satellite or whatever...also, everyone is always critical of their new stuff. IMO mostly everyone else on that show sucked. Why did they cut the Stones off, but show Lindsay Lohan? Riddle me that, Joker.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)