ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Sidemen staringt at Jaxx
Michael Davis, Bobby Keys and Kent Smith in Denver
© 2005 Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith: "heroin floored me" Return to archive
November 22nd, 2005 10:54 AM
moy RICHARDS: 'HEROIN FLOORED ME'

THE ROLLING STONES star KEITH RICHARDS never regrets taking heroin even though he describes it as "a cheeky, cheeky, cheeky little drug" that robbed him of his senses.

The guitar great boasts about trying all manner of drugs and admits he's had some of his worst experiences while high on heroin.

He tells Esquire magazine, "Smack is the big deal... That one can get you right by the tail before you know it, man. It's a real leveller.

"I'm a f**king superstar, but when I want the stuff, baby, I'm down on the ground with the rest of them.

"Your whole lifestyle becomes just waiting for the man and talking to junkies about whether the s**t's good or not... and guys pulling shooters on you.

"You just become a wreck, which is kind of disgusting in a way, but, at the same time, I can't say I regret going there."

Richards admits that being a member of The Rolling Stones for the past 40 years has afforded him the very best drugs on the market.

He adds, "When I was doing drugs, it would be the finest stuff you can get. If I was doing opium, it would be good Thai opium. When I did smack, it would be pure, pure heroin - no street s**t.

"I wasn't undiscerning, except when I got desperate."

22/11/2005 02:53
November 22nd, 2005 12:22 PM
Saint Sway so Keith, which is it??

were you only doing the finest smack available, you know, "pure, pure heroin, no street shit."

or were you "desperate" and "down in the street with the rest of them"... "talking to junkies about whether the s**t's good or not... and guys pulling shooters on you."

November 22nd, 2005 02:04 PM
scratched
quote:
Keith said:
HEROIN FLOORED ME.

No shit!

quote:
Keith said:
I'm a f**king superstar.

How modest.

quote:
Keith said:
Your whole lifestyle becomes just waiting for the man and talking to junkies about whether the s**t's good or not... and guys pulling shooters on you.

As if someone else (Spanish Tony) didn't always get the 'shit' for you while you sat in your obscenely large country retreat with your pipe and slippers.

quote:
Keith said:
I can't say I regret going there.

You keep telling yourself that Keith, you might just believe it one day.

Same old self-mythologising/self-decieving crap that he always comes out with.
[Edited by scratched]
November 22nd, 2005 02:19 PM
Dick Bush That's how the winners act: when the white horse, then only the best one!

That's what I call the quality awareness.
November 22nd, 2005 02:31 PM
the good
quote:
moy wrote:
RICHARDS: 'HEROIN FLOORED ME'

"You just become a wreck, which is kind of disgusting in a way, but, at the same time, I can't say I regret going there."

22/11/2005 02:53

I love you Keith. But you can be an idiot sometimes.
November 22nd, 2005 03:12 PM
kath as a former junkie, i know what he means, though. of course, i wasn't a superstar, and i didn't get the good shit...but i know what he is saying.

the problem with smack is that the FIRST time is SOOOO great...and you can spend the rest of your life trying to have that experience again..and you never do!!!

took me places i'd never even considered going to, doing things i'd never have done....i lost my 20's because of it.

but that first hit was sooo great....

i know what he means....
November 22nd, 2005 03:42 PM
pdog
quote:
kath wrote:
as a former junkie, i know what he means, though. of course, i wasn't a superstar, and i didn't get the good shit...but i know what he is saying.

the problem with smack is that the FIRST time is SOOOO great...and you can spend the rest of your life trying to have that experience again..and you never do!!!

took me places i'd never even considered going to, doing things i'd never have done....i lost my 20's because of it.

but that first hit was sooo great....

i know what he means....

Me too Kath. I don't regret my relationship with heroin, but it took away everything I had, until I was over with it. I'm know left with a certain kinda something, a junkies senses, which is very useful. The heroin mystique is very cool looking until you're in it, then the reality is no matter how well off you are, you're still just pounding cottons and waking up dope sick everyday!
November 22nd, 2005 04:17 PM
kath exactly. "kick me back some in the cotton, will ya man?"

jeeezuz. my 20's!!! could have been the best decade of my life...but i was strung out, in jail, trickin'.....

but i learned a LOT from it. and if i thought i could get away with it, i'd try it now....but i know better.....
November 23rd, 2005 09:21 AM
Taptrick
Perhaps Keith regrets having his baby die during that era under very questionable circumstances.

November 23rd, 2005 02:51 PM
J.J.Flash Since I have serious problems with needles, I'm sure I will stay away for Smack forever.......
November 23rd, 2005 07:06 PM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
pdog wrote:

Me too Kath. I don't regret my relationship with heroin, but it took away everything I had, until I was over with it. I'm know left with a certain kinda something, a junkies senses, which is very useful. The heroin mystique is very cool looking until you're in it, then the reality is no matter how well off you are, you're still just pounding cottons and waking up dope sick everyday!

I didn't realize how many losers there were on this board.
November 23rd, 2005 07:38 PM
Dick Bush 04.12.93 - 04.11.97:

Not a crack whore - just a typical heroin addict.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)