ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 37th Ya Ya's Out!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Connection from MGM Grand Garden Arena Return to archive
21st November 2006 04:42 PM
voodoopug
21st November 2006 04:46 PM
mrhipfl it really wouldn't be that hard for him to just strum the chords. Nothing fancy - just quarter beats. fifths, barr chords, powerchords, for christ's sake just play something!
21st November 2006 04:51 PM
glencar Blech! Much, much better in AC.
21st November 2006 05:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Blech! Much, much better in AC.

Did you hear the last half of the song from Oakland???? ugh....
21st November 2006 05:20 PM
Saint Sway what happened? DId he have another stroke?
21st November 2006 05:26 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
what happened? DId he have another stroke?

A stroke every once in awhile is good for you

21st November 2006 05:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
it really wouldn't be that hard for him to just strum the chords. Nothing fancy - just quarter beats. fifths, barr chords, powerchords, for christ's sake just play something!

I was thinking the same thing. At least on You Got The Silver he isnt trying to fool anybody and isnt even holding a guitar.
21st November 2006 05:58 PM
Saint Sway I think he no longer can sing and play at the same time. He's been that way since 03

but he should at least be able to hit a few random chords between verses

heck just put on a capo
21st November 2006 06:15 PM
trevcourt
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Did you hear the last half of the song from Oakland???? ugh....

Yes. That "solo" is truly sad.
21st November 2006 07:33 PM
Honky Tonk Man I've just watched it. Why oh why? Its just karaoke really, isn't it?
22nd November 2006 06:39 AM
Bitch
quote:
glencar wrote:
Blech! Much, much better in AC.

agreed. this is a poor version.

Q. Did KEEF play guitar in AC?
22nd November 2006 10:30 AM
glencar A bit. He sang better. He played guitar in the beginning & then would pick at it every few seconds in a half-hearted way.
22nd November 2006 10:48 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
glencar wrote:
A bit. He sang better. He played guitar in the beginning & then would pick at it every few seconds in a half-hearted way.

I can imagine that. Its the same with Slipping Away. He plays the intro, puts his guitar down for his vocals, picks it up again for his "solo" and then puts it down again.
22nd November 2006 11:22 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I can imagine that. Its the same with Slipping Away. He plays the intro, puts his guitar down for his vocals, picks it up again for his "solo" and then puts it down again.

he's the 4th best guitarist we have in the band right now
22nd November 2006 11:25 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

he's the 4th best guitarist we have in the band right now

He plays great when he's not singing.
22nd November 2006 12:55 PM
Moonisup yuk, no playing and I don't like the singing either
22nd November 2006 02:17 PM
Paranoid_Android Did keith sing the original? I thought it was a Mick vocal...why the swith-off, I wonder?
22nd November 2006 02:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Did keith sing the original? I thought it was a Mick vocal...why the swith-off, I wonder?

duet on the original
22nd November 2006 04:32 PM
Soldatti Very sloppy, but I like the tune.
22nd November 2006 05:32 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

duet on the original

I remember being very confused when I first heard Connection after what I'd read about it being a duet between him and Mick. I could'nt make him out!It may have gone down as a duet, but Keiths vocals are far more clearer on some of the other early tracks. Listen to things like I'm Moving On or Empty Heart. He's right up in the mix. Of course, Keith's first proper lead vocal was on the same LP as Connection, Something Happend To Me Yesterday
23rd November 2006 11:31 PM
monkey_man They should do it as a duet once again!
24th November 2006 12:10 AM
StarvinMarvin That singing is horrible. He's nowhere near the notes - he just kind of mumbles at the end of every phrase, and then goes comatose for a slipt second before lunching into another line. And why can't he sing AND play guitar at the same time anymore? He's drunk, isn't he?

But back in the day...whew....that song was great. The Mick/Keith duet was awesome. I love the lower, gruff tone of Keith's voice now, but when he was young and could hit the high notes he was the best backup singer in rock 'n roll. He could never do stuff like Lovin Cup or Worried About You anymore, and that's a shame, because it was so great.
24th November 2006 02:15 AM
Jumacfly Lame. Hopefully Ronnie rules on rythm!
24th November 2006 06:14 AM
Brian Jones Girl HAHAHA this isn't between the buttons
24th November 2006 01:25 PM
killerbitch Where was that picture taken of that sexy blonde with the super low riding
tore up jeans? Dan was that in LA? Kinda curious as to what the FRONT
looks like, just inquiring.
24th November 2006 01:31 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
They should do it as a duet once again!

Same with "happy." It would be a great opener of they would do it as a duet.
24th November 2006 02:03 PM
Dan
quote:
killerbitch wrote:
Where was that picture taken of that sexy blonde with the super low riding
tore up jeans? Dan was that in LA? Kinda curious as to what the FRONT
looks like, just inquiring.

I have no idea who it is or where it was taken.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)