ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 37th Ya Ya's Out!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 1972 Beat Club DVD?? Return to archive
21st November 2006 03:53 PM
Saint Sway I'm currently wasting my finest hours on youtube and came across these amazing pro shot videos from the Stones at "Beat Club" on German TV in 1972

does this exist in DVD form and would anyone be willing to do a B&P trade for me?

my stones dvd collection is woefully lacking and I dont know how to burn dvds to trade but can do blanks & postage or some other type of trade

thanks

[Edited by Saint Sway]
21st November 2006 04:01 PM
GotToRollMe I don't have it, Sway, but in the meantime, here's a great little program that, in one simple step, will download the videos from YouTube and convert them so you can play them on your computer or burn them to DVD:

http://www.benjaminstrahs.com/itube.php

21st November 2006 04:04 PM
glencar What songs did they do?
21st November 2006 04:15 PM
mrhipfl hipshake and tumblin' dice
21st November 2006 04:32 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
hipshake and tumblin' dice

thats what I saw on the tube. Is there more songs from this? Its awesome to see such up close footage from back then.
21st November 2006 04:34 PM
glencar Omigod!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg8yJ3ftY6I
21st November 2006 04:35 PM
Saint Sway ISNT THAT AMAZING!!!!

never seen this footage before
21st November 2006 04:36 PM
glencar I watched it twice...so far.
21st November 2006 04:38 PM
Saint Sway 3x for me

pro shot o f Mick T era jamming exile tunes together in a circle in rehearsal space. Just doesnt get cooler than that
21st November 2006 04:40 PM
Altamont Check it, Jamming with Stu, from VoodoochileinWonderland!

21st November 2006 04:42 PM
MRD8 What you are seeing is a rehearsal from Montreaux prior to the '72 tour...they did two takes of Tumbling Dice, Shake Your Hips, Blueberry Jam, John's Jam and Loving Cup...its been on the RO tracker recently.
21st November 2006 04:42 PM
glencar 3rd time here now. Man, Keith's fingers were sure nimble back then.
21st November 2006 04:43 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

thats what I saw on the tube. Is there more songs from this? Its awesome to see such up close footage from back then.

I don't if there are any more songs. I'm guessing it's a german top of the pops/Ed Sullivan type of show, not a real concert. So there probably didn't perform too many songs..
http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=sr_nr_i_1/302-3165775-4258438?ie=UTF8&keywords=beat%20club&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abeat%20club%2Ci%3Avhs&page=1
21st November 2006 09:47 PM
Olivia1962 I have never seen this thanks for posting!
21st November 2006 09:57 PM
Nellcote MRD8 nailed it.
Audio has been out for a long time.
I traded on Shidobee about a year ago for the dvd.
I'm sorry, however, I do not have a dvd burner.
21st November 2006 10:35 PM
GotToRollMe The Montreux DVD is on the RO tracker as we speak:

http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/details.tmpl?torrent_info_hash=5ACC600BE44B2BABB9EFBF3FBDA6374CD159F7F6

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
21st November 2006 11:35 PM
guitarman53
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I don't have it, Sway, but in the meantime, here's a great little program that, in one simple step, will download the videos from YouTube and convert them so you can play them on your computer or burn them to DVD:

http://www.benjaminstrahs.com/itube.php

Thanks for this, there are a lot of video's I wanted to download from Youtube, but couldn't, now I can.
22nd November 2006 02:37 AM
pdog I saw this before, but this was better quality...
thx sway.
22nd November 2006 04:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

I don't if there are any more songs. I'm guessing it's a german top of the pops/Ed Sullivan type of show, not a real concert. So there probably didn't perform too many songs..
http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=sr_nr_i_1/302-3165775-4258438?ie=UTF8&keywords=beat%20club&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abeat%20club%2Ci%3Avhs&page=1

Its not a concert, just a tour rehearsal.

It was shown on BBC's "Old Grey Whistle Test" as part of a Stones 'special' edition later that summer.

The odd thing about it is that the version of 'Loving Cup' appears to feature a pre-recorded backing track (from the released version) instead of being a properly 'live' performance.
22nd November 2006 10:48 AM
polytoxic Holy Fuck! That was awesome.
22nd November 2006 11:06 AM
Saint Sway ya know, I wouldnt mind it one bit if they went back on a tour of theatres and Keith sat in a chair like that for the entire show - so long as he played like that.

it would help his playing I think. Less time worrying about being the showman. Just sit in the stool and be a bluesman.

hey those could be lyrics...
22nd November 2006 11:51 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'm currently wasting my finest hours on youtube and came across these amazing pro shot videos from the Stones at "Beat Club" on German TV in 1972

does this exist in DVD form and would anyone be willing to do a B&P trade for me?

my stones dvd collection is woefully lacking and I dont know how to burn dvds to trade but can do blanks & postage or some other type of trade

thanks

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Did someone say "Beat Club"? Can I borrow it? We do Thanksgiving a little different down here.

22nd November 2006 10:15 PM
texile i've got the montreux dvd and it's excellent...
with scorsese doing a new stones doc - i bet we'll never see this stuff released....
this is what real fans want...
the classic performances ..
why do we need a new stones doc?

22nd November 2006 10:44 PM
GotToRollMe Hip Shake:

Tumbling Dice:

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)