ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 37th Ya Ya's Out!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woody seriously injured? Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th November 2006 09:49 AM
Hannalee From Stonesdoug on Shidoobee:

"Ronnie has seriously injured his hip and that was why he was seated last night
and the band was joking around about as well. It is so serious they are afraid
they might have to cancel the last shows and he will most likely need surgery.
They almost didn't know if last nights show was going to happen.

That is also why Keith's guitar was turned way up."

[Edited by Hannalee]
19th November 2006 09:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels As long as he ends up OK. It's a bitch to go through surgery though.
19th November 2006 11:45 AM
Sir Stonesalot The sooner this tour is over the better, IMO.

One catasrophe after another. Just quit and live to fight another day.
19th November 2006 11:49 AM
Taptrick
I'm confused. I don't see a thread at Shidobee addressing this, Ronnie is standing in all the pics from the night you mention, and there is still nothing on the newswire. What thread on Shidoobee is this discussed in?

19th November 2006 12:06 PM
MRD8 Here's the link to the story on Shidoobie:
http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm494.showMessage?topicID=512.topic
19th November 2006 02:24 PM
GotToRollMe Oh, no. Hip injuries are a bitch, and the older you are, the more complicated things get. I'm hoping and praying he has a swift recovery, whatever the problem is.
19th November 2006 02:28 PM
lotsajizz well...that explains why I thought Woodie was a little off Friday!!

19th November 2006 03:46 PM
Cocaine Eyes I love the Stones, that's obvious. But as soon as this tour is over I'll be able to relax. It's been one thing after another. I'm counting the days until they are at home and resting.
Good luck and well wishes to Ronnie.
19th November 2006 05:51 PM
glencar He didn't move around much at the Beacon show either so this has been going on for a bit. The worst thing about pain in his case is that he'll need medication.
19th November 2006 06:05 PM
MikeyC613 Do the hip shake, babe
19th November 2006 06:29 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff What's the meaning of "Hip injuries"??
19th November 2006 07:08 PM
Bruno When is the tour supposed to end?
19th November 2006 07:21 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
The worst thing about pain in his case is that he'll need medication.

Booze ?!
19th November 2006 07:22 PM
Joey
quote:
Bruno wrote:
When is the tour supposed to end?

When they all just drop .
19th November 2006 07:57 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Fabio Hot Stuff wrote:
What's the meaning of "Hip injuries"??

Ferita dell'anca?
19th November 2006 08:25 PM
Soldatti Two more shows and the tour is over, thank god.
19th November 2006 08:26 PM
LadyJane I'm surprised as I saw no evidence of any problems and I was NOT inebriated.

I did notice Ronnie looked pale and not his usual animated self on the B. But he played GREAT, imo.

Time for these guys to take a long break and get some rest...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................and then....................................................................................................................................................................................................return for small limited engagements for consecutive nights in select cities. NO STADIUMS!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
19th November 2006 08:36 PM
StarvinMarvin To me, this only confirms that the Vancouver show will the the Stones' final concert. No Euro tour either. Keith and Ronnie will limp into Vancouver, finish the tour, and that'll be all, folks

Maybe they will perform the odd "one-off" show in the future, but that'll be it. They will never tour again in the way we have been accustomed to over the past 45 years.

Since 1989, people have always said that "this'll be the last one," but this time is different. The Stones really are elderly now, and their bodies are starting to fall apart. First Charlie, then Keith, and now Ronnie. Even if they do paln on touring again in a couple years, I wouldn't be surprised if one (or more) of the Stones were to pass away. They've abused their bodies for decades, and it's starting to catch up to them. No more tours.
19th November 2006 09:27 PM
StarvinMarvin
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

bullshit. Playing music with each is what they love to do. It's more than a way to get for them, it's their whole life. They will continue to tour, in one way or another. I'm predicting less dates, smaller venues, lower prices, less spectacles, more rock n' roll.

Sorry. You can't tour if you're dead.

By the way, I hope you're right. I hope this isn't the end. However, even if the Stones all live to a ripe old age, there is one little problem with the scenario you just laid out: Mick. Maybe touring is Keith's life, but I'm not sure about Mick. I suspect the major motivating factors for Mick at the moment are money and fame. If Mick's not pulling in the enormous crowds, I'm not so sure he'd be willing to go on tour anymore. He ditched the Stones back in the 80's when things were going downhill, don't be surprised if he does it again.
19th November 2006 09:54 PM
gustavobala are jagger has the telephone from mick taylor?
19th November 2006 10:45 PM
Play With Fire
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:
To me, this only confirms that the Vancouver show will the the Stones' final concert. No Euro tour either. Keith and Ronnie will limp into Vancouver, finish the tour, and that'll be all, folks

Maybe they will perform the odd "one-off" show in the future, but that'll be it. They will never tour again in the way we have been accustomed to over the past 45 years.

Since 1989, people have always said that "this'll be the last one," but this time is different. The Stones really are elderly now, and their bodies are starting to fall apart. First Charlie, then Keith, and now Ronnie. Even if they do paln on touring again in a couple years, I wouldn't be surprised if one (or more) of the Stones were to pass away. They've abused their bodies for decades, and it's starting to catch up to them. No more tours.

I almost agree, but it will be a miracle if they make it to LA, let alone Vancouver. A broken hip is serious business. I have great tickets to LA, and still hope it happens, even if Ronnie has to sit in a chair. Get well Ronnie.

19th November 2006 10:58 PM
StarvinMarvin
quote:
Play With Fire wrote:

I almost agree, but it will be a miracle if they make it to LA, let alone Vancouver. A broken hip is serious business. I have great tickets to LA, and still hope it happens, even if Ronnie has to sit in a chair. Get well Ronnie

I don't think Ronnie has a broken hip. If he did, he wouldn't have made the last gig - chair or not. Most likely, he has some kind of hip alignment problem. Usually, these problems take decades to surface, and will require surgery to fix. Waiting a week to undergo surgery will not make much of a difference. It will just be painful, that's all.

BTW, based on Ronnie's lifelong alcoholism, chain smoking, and various past drug addictions, I would hazard to guess that hip problems are the least of Ronnie's worries. We already know he has emphasyma. I shudder to think what kind of shape the man is in these days
20th November 2006 02:38 AM
FotiniD This tour has been jinxed from the very start! They've been under a terrible spell of bad luck and I don't think their age really plays such a big role in that. Keith could easily have fallen over like he did even if he was 25, Ronnie could have hurt his hip, Mick's been having problems with his throat forever.

But I'll be kind of relieved when they take a break this time. Some months to rest!
20th November 2006 02:43 AM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm surprised as I saw no evidence of any problems and I was NOT inebriated.

I did notice Ronnie looked pale and not his usual animated self on the B. But he played GREAT, imo.

Time for these guys to take a long break and get some rest...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................and then....................................................................................................................................................................................................return for small limited engagements for consecutive nights in select cities. NO STADIUMS!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.

The pallidness may have been due to the coke trail that Sway pointed out to me on the be stage. It was trailing off the neck of Ronnie's shirt. Photos will tell, no?
20th November 2006 02:30 PM
Joey " To me, this only confirms that the Vancouver show will the the Stones' final concert. No Euro tour either. Keith and Ronnie will limp into Vancouver, finish the tour, and that'll be all, folks "

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!
20th November 2006 03:03 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
StarvinMarvin wrote:

By the way, I hope you're right. I hope this isn't the end. However, even if the Stones all live to a ripe old age, there is one little problem with the scenario you just laid out: Mick. Maybe touring is Keith's life, but I'm not sure about Mick. I suspect the major motivating factors for Mick at the moment are money and fame.

Why is it Keith gets a pass from so many people? Don't fool yourselves, Keith is just as much a greedy asshole as Mick.
20th November 2006 03:06 PM
Joey " Why is it Keith gets a pass from so many people? "

< ------ Because he is Keef
20th November 2006 03:17 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I will say one thing and one thing only: RETIREMENT.
20th November 2006 03:31 PM
Joey
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
I will say one thing and one thing only: RETIREMENT.

But first they must tour the European Continent next summer to make up for all of those missed dates ( especially Spain ....poor guys ) .

BEST STONES YET !!!!!
20th November 2006 03:49 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Joey wrote:

But first they must tour the European Continent next summer to make up for all of those missed dates ( especially Spain ....poor guys ) .

BEST STONES YET !!!!!

RETIREMENT!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)