ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 37th Ya Ya's Out!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bush Geeks never saw it coming (all Geek content) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
16th November 2006 04:56 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
robpop wrote:

We who are against Bush are made out to be unpatriotic, and against our brave soliders in Iraq.

After watching that video who is unpatriotic and against our soliders in Iraq.
[Edited by robpop]

Do NOT believe that LIE for a second...it is they who are the unpatriotic, unAmerican scumbag, treasonous betrayers of American values---the Founding Fathers are turning over in their graves at what the geeks have wrought!!!

they turned us into AMERIKA

uber alles

16th November 2006 09:38 PM
Barney Fife
quote:
Joey wrote:

Agreed my Stonesian Queen .

I believe we all need to chill out and stare at THIS for the next twenty - four hours solid :

|
|
|
V

Doncha love them damn slutty Omaha chicks!?!?!
17th November 2006 02:32 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Predictions:
1. Riffy will not bother to read the NIH link.
2. Riffy will not address the substance of my argument.
3. If he responds at all, riffy will focus on my hyperbolic use of the term "theocrat" rather than substantive issues.
4. Riffy will provide no proof for his assertion that a majority of scientists favor adult stem cell research over embryonic research.

4 for 4! Howe does he do it? Mystical powers, perhaps? Yes, indeed, dear friends, the awesome mystical power of a trained intellect armed with scientific data will always send chest-thumping reactionary blowhards scuttling back to their spider-holes.
17th November 2006 02:23 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

4 for 4! Howe does he do it? Mystical powers, perhaps? Yes, indeed, dear friends, the awesome mystical power of a trained intellect armed with scientific data will always send chest-thumping reactionary blowhards scuttling back to their spider-holes.

Dollars to dognuts that #4 comes from Limbaugh's site, which I just learned today, you have to pay to read. WTF is with that? Didn't that stuff used to be free? Cost of street corner Oxy must have gone up.

Anyway, that "conservative" goes on about that stuff all the time, all uncited of course - fat, counter-culture, pill-popping, feel good types usually don't have the time or mental energy to figure out what reality is - they work backwards from what they want to believe.

But that is it basically, you would have to gooned on Oxycontin not to believe there isn't vast scientific and profit potential is ALL stem cell research. They are cells from a fucking embryo, ffs, of course its important, ya fucking whack jobs. These backward ass idiots would have quit on penicillin because it looks like all green and stuff.
17th November 2006 02:29 PM
sirmoonie John McCain - "We lost our principles and our majority. And there is no way to recover our majority without recovering our principles first. Americans had elected us to change government, and they rejected us because they believed government had changed us," he said in a speech in which he cited Reagan, Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt. "We must spend the next two years reacquainting the public and ourselves with the reason we came to office in the first place: to serve a cause greater than our self-interest."

John McCain - the guy that the Bush Geeks and the media (see Coulter, see Limbaugh, see CNN, etc.) have tried so hard to paste with "moderate" whatever the fuck that means, and RINO - yeah, pot-kettle type deal sitch.

What will the Bush Geeks do to this obvious slap of their hero? They could try the Cheney-Hastert bit and question McCain's patriotism once again, but that stuff doesn't work anymore. At least it doesn't seem like it works, I could be wrong on that.
17th November 2006 04:22 PM
caro
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
What will the Bush Geeks do to this obvious slap of their hero? They could try the Cheney-Hastert bit and question McCain's patriotism once again, but that stuff doesn't work anymore.

They could argue that McCain supported Bush in 2004, at which point everyone should have been familiar with the president's principles. Then again, unfair attacks on Bush are just as enjoyable as fair ones, as far as I'm concerned.
17th November 2006 06:47 PM
Zambero "Gotta love watching the Dems fight each other. Pelosi is already making enemies by trying to push Murtha. Let the mud wrestling games begin!"

None of the resident wingnuts seemed to want to comment on Trent Lott's 25-24 "landslide" election yesterday as Senate MINORITY (love it!) Whip.

Now that these routine leadership contests are settled, make no mistake about it -- Pelosi and the Dems are united 100% when it comes to dealing with the misguided piles of human waste that call themselves Republicans.
17th November 2006 07:01 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Zambero wrote:
when it comes to dealing with the misguided piles of human waste that call themselves Republicans.

Your a...

17th November 2006 07:30 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Yo BJ the reason that I did respond to your rather arrogant post was simple. We would just end up going round and round on an issue that neither one of us would convince the other on. The fact that not one major pharmacutical company is heavily invested in embryonic stem cell research makes the point pretty selfevident to me. Your arrgument maybe that's because the goverment will not grant them matching funds or out right goverment loans,but that does not wash at all. All of the majors invest in many types of research with little or no goverment funding. Why? Because they deem that particular brand of research profitable or medically viable. Not one has deemed this form research profitable yet they they are heavily invested in adult stem research(even before federal grants mind you) because there is very real promiss in that field both finacially and medically.

I could list link after link that points out the results of these studies. The medical findings of these studies all point the exact same way. If there were any proof that embyonic stem cell research had developed to the point of medical feasibility perhaps my stand may change,but probably not. The fact is that this is a highly charged debate with endless ramifications. Not the least of which is the slipperly,and very real,moral slope that it treads on. To dismiss that real argument on the basis that you find the moral stance as nothing more than bible thumping rhetoric shows me that you know next to nothing of the other moral questions involved. That anyone would try and brand this as my,or any conservative's,cold heartedness proves that you have no clue why conservatives feel as strongly on this issue as many of us do. Or,worse yet,you dismiss our attitude as backwards. I could very well make the same arument about your stance. But I won't because you would only dismiss my point of view because it smacks of conservatism.

Please find me one major case study that has shown that embryonic stem cell research has led to any major medical breakthroughs. You can't because those studies do not exsist. Now adult stem cell research? Loads of possibilities. For that matter there has been a lot of positive results from cord cell research as well. Neither one of those studies requires procreation for the sole pourpose of destruction in the name of humanity.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
17th November 2006 07:46 PM
sirmoonie Here's more.

http://www.news.wisc.edu/packages/stemcells

It goes on forever.

As anyone past infancy knows, the U.S. leads the world in scientific breakthroughs - whether they get commercialized or not, and most do in some way - because of the trillion dollar collaborations between the U.S. government, private and public universtities, and private corporations - this all goes under the sexy name of "tech transfer" now.

Large European corporations, e.g., Ciba-Geigy, will make billions of $$$$$$ off of research into embryonic stem cell research. Bet the ranch on that.

The U.S, and its private sector (and universities) are now handicapped in an important and NEW (hence no "Prozac moments" yet) area of research based on the hazy "earth is flat" type beliefs of a functional retard, whose own part called him to the mat on it. Americans lose, idiots win.
17th November 2006 07:54 PM
Brainbell Jangler This will help explain the election results:
http://www.workingforchange.com/printitem.cfm?itemid=21632
17th November 2006 08:10 PM
sirmoonie http://www.forbes.com/technology/2006/07/21/stem-cell-research-cz_kd_0721stemcell.html

From those damn liberals at Forbes magazine - illustrating (1) George Walker Bush III's only veto of his lame ass presidency WILL slow research into embryonic stem cell research, (2) that such research IS promising, and (3) that, as is typical in new areas, large pharmaceuticals let smaller companies do the work (they are more easily adaptable to new technologies), and either stake them, or more likely, buy them up when they hit it big.

This decision by the idiot is up there with his "defense" of his hiring the United Arab Emirates to run the Eastern seaboard.
17th November 2006 08:23 PM
sirmoonie Article written by CEO of small pharmaceutical company.

http://news.sawf.org/Health/26525.aspx

"MYTH – Adult stem cells are superior to embryonic stem cells.
FALSE. Some have voiced the criticism that while there are several actual therapies for the treatment of disease using adult-derived stem cells, there are no such demonstrated therapies from human embryonic stem cells. This criticism is misleading, given that human embryonic stem cell research only started in earnest in 1998 after Jamie Thompson derived the first human embryonic stem cell line. All breakthroughs in medical research have to go through a process of research and development before medical therapies can be made available. Finally, these therapies must meet the strict standards of the FDA, a process that generally takes several years, at minimum. It is improbable that therapies derived from embryonic stem cells could have been approved in such a short window of time, especially given U.S. policy restricting NIH funding to this sector, in place since mid-2001."

I think he should have thrown "Duh" into the above paragraph somewhere, but he has to answer to investors and lobbyiest, so he can't really get away with that.

17th November 2006 08:48 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Here's more.

http://www.news.wisc.edu/packages/stemcells

It goes on forever.

As anyone past infancy knows, the U.S. leads the world in scientific breakthroughs - whether they get commercialized or not, and most do in some way - because of the trillion dollar collaborations between the U.S. government, private and public universtities, and private corporations - this all goes under the sexy name of "tech transfer" now.

Large European corporations, e.g., Ciba-Geigy, will make billions of $$$$$$ off of research into embryonic stem cell research. Bet the ranch on that.

The U.S, and its private sector (and universities) are now handicapped in an important and NEW (hence no "Prozac moments" yet) area of research based on the hazy "earth is flat" type beliefs of a functional retard, whose own part called him to the mat on it. Americans lose, idiots win.

I wish I could be a real conservative like you Moonie! Though I must say that you sound like a elitest asshole much of the time,and I had always found that to be liberal trait. Good thing that you're really a conservative I guess,huh? "Condesention party of 1 your table is ready."

Riffy

PS-Flat earth types!!! LOL! You fucking slay me! Functional retard!!! Funny! It's almost like your trying to say that you are intellectually superior than those who find your stance fucked!
17th November 2006 09:18 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

PS-Flat earth types!!! LOL! You fucking slay me! Functional retard!!! Funny! It's almost like your trying to say that you are intellectually superior than those who find your stance fucked!

Dunno who yer talkin' about here, Zippy, but I remind you that you still haven't backed up your claim that a majority of scientists prefer adult stem cells or confirmed that you have read the NIH data on stem cells. Being intellectually superior to someone who spouts slogans while avoiding information from credible, neutral sources (unless you think NIH is also blowing the Dems) is no great feat. And I'm amused that you would call anyone else a "flat earth type" after I noted that religious anti-science types--the real flat earthers--are the direct philosophical heirs of the Inquisitors who threatened Galileo with burning for suggesting that the earth revolves around the sun. I have begun to think that you're secretly Al Franken out to make conservatives look like idiots. And I'm still 4 for 4 on my predictions about you. [BTW, it's "superior to," not "superior than." Is English your first language?]

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
17th November 2006 09:39 PM
sirmoonie I called him a flat-earth type, not the other way around - well I didn't call Riffy one, because he's my friend - what I was suggesting was that flat-earth types support his view, which, of course, they do. I mean, this "political" issue isn't even on the fucking reality charts - if you buy dopey's veto (again, his one and only one), then heavier than air vehicles don't exist, thunder is god going bowling, you can't split the atom, and female birth control is murder as well.

Anwyay, I think Riffy knows George Walker Bush III is an idiot on this, but since for some reason I will never understand, he can't stand that idea for even a moment, he tried the economic route, which, of course, he heard from Rush Limbaugh, and which, of course, came with predictable logic, as I have shown (and could show on and on for days if I got bored enough at work). In fact, I'll bet even idiot George Walker Bush III would agree there is large ass green in embryonic stem cell research - he just can't wrap his little head around what a stem cell is. Anyway, we'll see in 7 to 10 - I'll be betting the ranch (or at least a lot of $$$$).
17th November 2006 09:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

And I'm amused that you would call anyone else a "flat earth type" after I noted that religious anti-science types--the real flat earthers--are the direct philosophical heirs of the Inquisitors who threatened Galileo with burning for suggesting that the earth revolves around the sun.

Huh BJ it was not I that called anyone a "flat earth" type big boy! I was merely refering to the condesending attitude of a bunch of liberal elites like yourself. The funny thing is that Moonie claims to be a "true" conservative and he's the one that made the flat earth comment,but his blind hatered of Bush has brought on dementia I fear. By the way thanks for being the resident board spell checker! Nothing says "elitest asshole" quite like a godamned spellchecker. So,you know,thanks for clearing that up.

You just refuse to acknowledge that there is a very real and worthy argument against embroynic stem cell research. You guys just keep on spouting cute little catch phrases like "Flat earth types","Intellectual Retards","Bible Thumping Yahoos",etc. though. It makes you all sound so intelligent. What ever you do though never acknowledge that there are some moral issues to deal with here. Remember,only moronic "Jesus Freaks" argue the moral issues! Unless,of course,it's the moral outrage about Iraq,Katrina,waterboarding,Gitmo,Abu Garibe,NSC wiretapping,terrorists profiling,the Patriot Act,blah,blah,blah....insert your favorite Bush/conservative/Republican outrage here.

Riffy
17th November 2006 10:05 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
You just refuse to acknowledge that there is a very real and worthy argument against embroynic stem cell research. You guys just keep on spouting cute little catch phrases like "Flat earth types","Intellectual Retards","Bible Thumping Yahoos",etc. though. It makes you all sound so intelligent.

I never used one little cute catch phrase - I coin all my own stuff and its not cute in the slightest. I showed you plenty of support for the economic and scientific benefits from embryonic stem cell research - which I didn't even need to do, because its so fucking obvious. Growth and pluripotency. You haven't posted a readable link yet.

You are now changing back to the "moral" argument which doesn't exist either. Then you went into the usual nonsense. What the fuck does any of this gibberish below even mean?

"Remember,only moronic "Jesus Freaks" argue the moral issues! Unless,of course,it's the moral outrage about Iraq,Katrina,waterboarding,Gitmo,Abu Garibe,NSC wiretapping,terrorists profiling,the Patriot Act,blah,blah,blah....insert your favorite Bush/conservative/Republican outrage here."

WTF?
17th November 2006 10:27 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I never used one little cute catch phrase - I coin all my own stuff and its not cute in the slightest. I showed you plenty of support for the economic and scientific benefits from embryonic stem cell research - which I didn't even need to do, because its so fucking obvious. Growth and pluripotency. You haven't posted a readable link yet.

You are now changing back to the "moral" argument which doesn't exist either. Then you went into the usual nonsense. What the fuck does any of this gibberish below even mean?

"Remember,only moronic "Jesus Freaks" argue the moral issues! Unless,of course,it's the moral outrage about Iraq,Katrina,waterboarding,Gitmo,Abu Garibe,NSC wiretapping,terrorists profiling,the Patriot Act,blah,blah,blah....insert your favorite Bush/conservative/Republican outrage here."

WTF?

Moonie the fact is that there is a very real and present moral equation with regards to embryonic stem cell research that you seem to ignore. Cloning immediatly springs to mind,but there are certainly many others. The sole reason that major players like Merck,Eli Lilly,Pfizer,and many others are not finacially invested in embryonic stem cell research is because it has,thus far,not proven itself to be not only finacially profitable,but medically sound. Those are facts Moonie. Regardless of how often you want to deny them. They are what they are. If you don't like them then perhaps you should lobby for the CEO position at one of these companies.

As for the moral issues argument in my previous post,the point was rather obvious if you ask me. Liberals always seem to argue that the stem cell argument is a stupid argument raised by a bunch of...ahem...Flat Earth types,Jesus Freaks,Bible Thumpers,etc. So they claim that they find the moral argument "backwards thinking". However,they are the first ones to bitch about the moral outrage of the subjects I listed. It seems that only their selected liberal moral outrage is worthy of discussion. All other moral idignation is nothing more than a bunch of Christian Right Wing yahoos spouting off. That's a bullshit cop out inane stance in my opinion,and dismisses the other point of veiw out of hand in another typical elitest fashion.

Riffy
17th November 2006 10:34 PM
pdog I'm donating my baby batter filled tissue collection to science!
17th November 2006 10:38 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm donating my baby batter filled tissue collection to science!

I see no moral outrage there! However,I don't know how profitable your sticky tissue donation would be.

Riffy
17th November 2006 11:38 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Moonie the fact is that there is a very real and present moral equation with regards to embryonic stem cell research that you seem to ignore. Cloning immediatly springs to mind,but there are certainly many others. The sole reason that major players like Merck,Eli Lilly,Pfizer,and many others are not finacially invested in embryonic stem cell research is because it has,thus far,not proven itself to be not only finacially profitable,but medically sound. Those are facts Moonie.

You are now mushing the two together.

The moral one - then ban the pill, dude. End the genocide. And go plead to the nearest magistrate for all the negligent manslaughter you committed having sex with women who were on it.

Financial - read what I linked, if you need more, I may get around to providing. The big boys seldom takes shots on the new stuff for obvious reasons - they buy the small guys that end up doing the best job - market theory. There are plenty of small start ups giving it a try, some will succeed -its America after all, FDA will factor heavy - and surely you can figure out why no product has moved yet, just read my link, search for term "1998."

America is handicapped on this one, for no good reason, unless catering to the emotions and fears of clueless idiots is a good reason to do something. Now THAT sounds like something a liberal would do to me.

Anyway, this is a pointless debate now that I think about it, two years from now Goober-Bush is never heard from again, and no matter who ends up President, the bill that fuckwit vetoed flys through like grease on piss in 2009, so we "only" lost 3 years on this technology. We can make it up! Its nation time, Benji!
17th November 2006 11:45 PM
sirmoonie Oh sorry, and cloning?

Real men see no downside to that. I mean look at her, those eyes, those svelte flanks, c'mon man, think large......

[Edited by sirmoonie]
18th November 2006 12:09 AM
pdog We can look forward to seeing Bush supporters dealing with a Democratic president who can lie to Congress, torure at will and spy on Americans when the urge strikes!
18th November 2006 12:26 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Huh BJ it was not I that called anyone a "flat earth" type big boy! I was merely refering to the condesending attitude of a bunch of liberal elites like yourself. The funny thing is that Moonie claims to be a "true" conservative and he's the one that made the flat earth comment,but his blind hatered of Bush has brought on dementia I fear. By the way thanks for being the resident board spell checker! Nothing says "elitest asshole" quite like a godamned spellchecker. So,you know,thanks for clearing that up.

Riffy

Pay attention, Cletus. It wasn't your spelling (this time). We're all entitled to a typo or two. It was your grammar: "superior than" rather than "superior to."

You call me an elitist? Hah! My grandfathers would have gotten a laugh out of that. You have no idea howe humble my origins are. No sirree, not an elitist, at least not in the "to the manor born" sense which characterizes the real George Walker Bush (not to be confused with the folksy persona he sells to the gullible). Dude, I am a meritocrat. I believe that the strongest society is one in which every individual has the opportunity to rise to his or her highest level of achievement. That sort of opportunity only exists when there is a reasonably level playing field: adequate nutrition and prenatal care for ALL mothers, fully-funded public education, a laptop for every child, financial aid to guarantee that all who are qualified receive as much education as they can use. The real elitists, those who push for a society of greater and greater social stratification and income disparity, are you and your Repuglican [sic] friends. Phony folksiness may have sucked the yokels in, but I ain't buyin'.

BTW, read that NIH link yet? Still 4 for 4!

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
18th November 2006 12:38 AM
Bloozehound Kenos shithole must be down, huh

18th November 2006 01:12 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Kenos shithole must be down, huh

Whassamatta, Bozohound? Gettin' dizzy watchin' me run circles around Zippy?
4 for 4, sports fans!
18th November 2006 07:50 AM
rasputin56 Snowflakes are people, too?
19th November 2006 11:47 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

You call me an elitist? Hah! My grandfathers would have gotten a laugh out of that. You have no idea howe humble my origins are. No sirree, not an elitist, at least not in the "to the manor born" sense which characterizes the real George Walker Bush (not to be confused with the folksy persona he sells to the gullible).

So you keep saying you're not an elitist,huh? Good for you. How does pompous asshole suit you then? Cletus? Zippy? Go fuck yourself. You can't argue the points that I raised at all so you just try and act as if you are "oh so fucking edjumacated"! Well many many people that are vastly more educated than you are feel the exact way I do,but your "elitest" attitude dismisses any side of the argument other than your own. That,my pomposs asshole friend,is the very definition of an elitest. So,yes,you are an elitest. Albeit from humble beginnings. You'd be wise to remember your roots when you start pulling your little immature name calling shit.

Here is a great take on the difference between liberals and conservatives written by someone that is much smarter than you. Mark Levin was the chief of staff to Edwin Meese in the Reagan Admin. He graduated magna cum laude,is one of the country's leading constitutional lawyers,and is president of the Landmark Legal Fondation. Which is to say that he would runs circles around you and any of your elitest,pompous,insipid,banal arguments!

Riffy

Not that you would actually read it,but here......

Conservatives vs. Liberals

We keep hearing conservative, liberal. We keep hearing lectures about it and we should. But we really do need to understand the terms here. There’s a huge difference between conservatives and liberals.

You’re seeing it played out on television every night. With this detestable Carl Levin of Michigan with his spectacles at the end of his nose. Somebody buy that man a pair of new glasses!

What is Conservatism? It’s not a political philosophy folks; it’s a life philosophy. Conservatives believe that each individual is unique. We believe that each individual is responsible for his development. We believe that family is the best support group for individuals. And we believe that private institutions like churches and synagogues, charities, private enterprises and so forth are best support group for families.

Conservatives believe, as did the Founders of the Declaration of Independence, that God is Supreme-not the government. Conservatives believe that God has given us natural rights, not the government.

Conservatives believe that a powerful centralized government such as ours, putting aside national security for the moment, threatens the individual, the family and private institutions. A powerful centralized government seeks uniformity and absolute compliance; it smothers individuality, family and religion. A centralized government seeks to play the role of God, through its abuse of laws and regulations, and the confiscation of redistribution of wealth.

Conservatives believe in the Constitution. We believe in Representative government as opposed to a judicial oligarchy or government by bureaucracy.

Conservatives believe in free political speech and the free exercise of religion. We believe in the right to bear arms. We believe in due process rights for American citizens and not terrorists. We believe in Federalism, the dispersing of power among the states. We believe in a colorblind society. We believe in low taxes and strictly limited spending. We believe in individual opportunity and merit.

Conservatives respect the private property and wealth of our fellow citizens. Just as it’s wrong for any of us to steal from our neighbors, it’s equally wrong to elect politicians who steal from our neighbors on our so-called behalf.

Conservatives believe in the greatness of the American people; their compassion; their honor; their inventiveness; their judgment. We believe that but for America, the world would be a dark, bloodthirsty, regressive place where tyranny would rule and humanity would suffer an unimaginable fate. And so we’re Conservatives. Proud conservatives.

Now what is Liberalism?

Liberals put a powerful centralized government before all else. Government exists to limit individual liberty, private property rights and religious freedom.

Liberals believe that the people are incapable of making the right decisions of their own so they empower undemocratic institutions to make decisions by fiat, such as the courts and federal agencies and the rest.

Liberals believe that Americans should be divided by color, by religion by sex and by income. Liberals seek to create jealousies among Americans and sic them upon each other in hopes of keeping them agitated and unfocused and distrustful and always wanting. And always a recipe for a more aggressive role for government.

Liberals are not satisfied with temporary power achieved through the
electoral process; they seek to create a permanent liberal agenda through the
courts, through the bureaucracy, through entitlements, through academia. They want an agenda immune from future electoral losses.

Liberals create entitlement programs, not because they solve anything, but because they don’t. They seek to enslave large portions of the population, they call them beneficiaries and they seek to punish private enterprise by forcing private citizens to pay up or suffer the consequences. Liberalism isn’t a way of life, its away of controlling life.

Liberals believe Americans are selfish, stupid and dishonorable. They believe that people exist to be manipulated and to serve the state for some greater good.

Liberals believe that America is not a unique place; that the Constitution is an obstacle to their power and that to create a world order in which they rule supreme, America’s independence must be destroyed through places like the UN and through policies like open borders. They detest the American culture and they seek to destroy it.

So, they worked for America’s defeat in Vietnam, just as they’re working
today, right now, to defeat us in Iraq.

A weak America is exactly what they seek. The elites want us to lose this war. You can hear them since the election. The detestable Carl Levin tried to undermine Reagan; hoped that we would lose the Cold War; hoped that we would lose the war with the Contras down in South America; hoped that we would lose the war wherever we fight it.

Kennedy, the single biggest figure in undermining our efforts in Vietnam, cutting off funding to the South Vietnamese, enslaving millions of people. Hundreds of thousands were murdered after we left South Vietnam, millions in Cambodia and the man never blinked, his conscience never panged, he never gave it a second thought.

They say they care about casualties in Iraq. They didn’t blink when Mao Tse-tung murdered 60 million people or when Stalin murdered over 20 million people, or when Pol Pot murdered 2.5 million people or when the Rwandans murdered 800 thousand, they didn’t blink and they won’t blink if we’re forced to leave Iraq, if we’re forced to lose that war and hundreds of thousands of people are slaughtered in the streets, with their blood running through the sewers they won’t blink again!

That’s what they think about humanity. The elites in our country, they don’t give a damn!
Power. Pursuit of power. The maintenance of power. That’s all they want.

You think I am wrong? Listen to them! Do they ever speak of victory? No! They tell us
victory is impossible.

Well, that’s not the country I grew up in. The country I grew up in defeated the Nazi’s. The country I grew up in defeated the Japanese in WW II. The country I grew up in can defeat any entity on the face of the earth. This is the country that fought a hugely bloody
Civil War to maintain the Union and eliminate slavery. A country that survived it.
This is a country against all odds that beat the British in the Revolutionary war. This is the country that won the Cold War despite the same liberals trying to obstruct our efforts then as they seek to obstruct our efforts today. You see the common thread?

They want us weak, they want us defeated, they want the open borders, they want to tear down our churches and our synagogues. They want to eliminate the very values and traditions and institutions that have made America unique, that have made America strong.

And why? For the greater good, of course! For the greater good, that’s how tyrants always come to power. You see they represent the very people they seek to enslave. At least they claim to. That’s what socialism and communism and liberalism is all about. Enslavement of one form or another. Anyone dares to speak up against them, they seek to destroy them. Even in our own country, they seek the political heads of one Conservative leader after another.

Whether it was Ronald Reagan, they wanted him. George Bush, less conservative, but too conservative for them. They want them eliminated.

Trent Lott, Newt Gingrich. If they had their way, and one day they might, they’d throw these people in prison without the benefit of a trial. After all, the only people who get due process in their minds are the terrorists, not the Republicans, the terrorists.

Ladies and gentlemen, some of you are extremely frustrated and upset. I share it, I understand. But we have an opportunity in this country, its an amazing thing, when the country is turned this way, Conservatism has always been the answer. Always been the answer. Liberty is the answer, that’s why Conservatism is the answer.

The rule of law is the answer. That’s Conservatism. National Security, that’s Conservatism. Merit, that’s conservatism.

That’s why most polls show an overwhelming majority of Americans 60-65% view themselves as Conservatives. Because, they are God fearing people who believe in Liberty, who believe in working hard, who believe in keeping most of what you earn, and who believe in their family and who believe in the military protecting us and the police officers watching our streets. That’s who we are and that’s what we believe in!

But, that’s not what the Liberals are and it’s not what they believe in.

I would encourage so-called conservative leaders to start explaining the differences. It’s been a long time since a national leader has done that. It’s been since Reagan. Let’s be blunt. Let’s be blunt. We must be blunt if we are to recover. And we can recover, ladies and gentlemen.

Nancy Pelosi is a boob. John Murtha is a boob. Harry Reid is a boob. THEY’RE ALL BOOBS! We’ve overcome much worse than these boobs.

But we will fail. We will fail if we follow false prophets. We will fail if we go the road of weasel Republicanism, ACLU Republicanism. Where they spent the whole damn summer worried about terrorists’ rights.

I blame John McCain on that. There’s no question about it! How silly was that? Well what will the world think? Who cares what the world thinks?

While their trains are being blown up, we’re defending ours. That’s their problem if they don’t like how we behave during war. And Europe is in no position to lecture us, given what they’ve done to humanity over the last hundred years. But, I digress.

What do we see on the agenda today? Today? Increase them minimum wage. That’s the number one agenda issue. Where did that come from?

Open boarders, as I said the other night. So, we’re going to increase the minimum wage for American citizens and no minimum wage for illegal aliens. Gee, who’s going to get hired? Do you think?

Everywhere I look, I see Republicans acting like cowards. Everywhere I look, I see fear in their eyes. No, not in the grass roots, but in the elected politicians.

I need a commission to give me advice on what to do with Iraq. We don’t need a commission. We shouldn’t fight compassionate wars. We should use overwhelming force as fast as we can to destroy the enemy. Destroy the enemies’ families if we must. Mark, you’re so horrible. No.

That’s the FDR doctrine; the Truman doctrine; the Lincoln doctrine; the Washington doctrine. That’s how you fight war. That’s how you fight wars. And I didn’t even need a commission to tell you.

The elites want us to lose, so they want you to believe that this is the bloodiest war we’ve ever fought. You know that’s not true.

Every American life is precious. You’d better believe it. And we’ve lost less that three thousand in three, three and a half years in this war. In context, those casualties don’t come close to any other major war we’ve ever fought. Or for that matter, any other major battle we’ve ever had.

And as some of my audience know from my being on the radio several years now, my grandfather fought at Iwo Jima and Guam. My great uncle fought at Guadalcanal. They told me the horrible stories. Many of your relatives can tell you the same thing if not you yourself. You may have experienced it.

But a great nation must have the will to defeat this enemy. All the clutter with these phony diversionary arguments being raised by the left and the left’s mouthpieces in the media that we shouldn’t be in Iraq, that we should be somewhere else. Well, where else should we be? In Iran? No. In Syria? They tell us, no. In North Africa, Somalia? No. Well, where are we going to fight this enemy?

Iraq is the front lines. Somalia is the front lines. These are the front lines of the war.

If we don’t have the will to take out an enemy that struck the heart of America, then we will be doomed. That’s why we must win back these offices and take back power.

Mark Levin

19th November 2006 12:45 PM
lotsajizz Change the nationality and experiences referenced to Central Europe mid-century and Riffy's cited speech is interchangable with one of der Fuehrers circa 1944. And NO, that is NOT calling you a Nazi so don't fall back on your usual strawman.....you're just citing one!

[Edited by lotsajizz]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)