ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 37th Ya Ya's Out!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bush Geeks never saw it coming (all Geek content) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
14th November 2006 10:06 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Thank GOD the Bush Geeks and the great George W. Bush know the difference between GOVERNMENT funding of EMBRYONIC stem cell research and letting the PRIVATE sector do all the research they want on little buggers. A true conservative like yourself KNOWS the private sector does the job 1000 times better than the government. Those high tech businesses can go hog wild on the stuff. And they are. George Soros can fund them, if him's into that. All together now: "duh".

Hail Bush!

Now that just may have just been your dumbest "political" post ever - showing not only true ignorance of high technology and the prosperity it creates in the U.S., the relationship between business and government, the substantial investment our country has made in high tech, but it further showing true ignorance of your idiotic hero, who subsidizes the living piss out of random industries on whim, while fucking the ones that matter based on his delusional conversations with god.

Go read the Journal one day for fuck sake - pick up something than the usual gay, generic talking points - you going try and lecture me on supply side economics next? You think you can do that? Stick with the War on Christmas from now on, at least thats funny fantasy, and no one except the elves really gives a fuck who wins it.
14th November 2006 10:07 PM
robpop I have been sick with the flu all day. I just went out and had a few shots of Jim Bean, with a couple valume pills. I feel a lot better now, and I am thinking more cleary. I think the world achieve more peace if our leaders drank beam and did valume. At least a lot better than the stupid neocon bullshit and their control of Iraq. This invasion was planned at least 20 years ago. See the new American century think tank, With Rummy and Paul Wolfowitz. No WMDs, no connection between 9/11 and Sadam, Iraq is a hell of a loss worse off now than before we invaded. We were never welcome there, When the staue of Sadam was torn down in the park about 25 Iraqis showed up in a cities of millions. not exactly the red carpert being rolled out. Mission fucking accomplished. How many US soliders had did since fuck face made that speach, Geeks admit it, Iraq is a lot worse off than before we invaded. And the true ojective of the war to gain control of the oil will never happen. There better not be one hipocrite Bush supporter crying about the Dems raising taxes. After fuckface bushie cut taxes to the rich and increased spending to pay for this bullshit war. THe republicans are now the party with the open wallet. Dishing out money so rich oil companies can make even more, and raise our price of gas. The religious right is the most stupid fucks whow had ever lived. Your god fucked you all in the ass.
14th November 2006 10:14 PM
Fiji Joe Uber Konservative and Uber Konservative, Jr.

Overrated Steelers wide receivers dig Bush...

14th November 2006 10:15 PM
Riffhard Hey Moonie if there were any conclussive proof that embryonic stem cell research wwere profitable the private sector would be all over it. There is not,and they are not. However,many private investors are investing heavily in adult stem cell research. Wonder why?

This whole embryonic stem cell hooey is nothing more than a federal money grab attempt for grants that the private sector has no faith in. Read a little Moonie. There are plenty of stories out there that have shown that adult stem cell reserch is the way that most scientists feel offer the best hope for any real cures. Those studies have,indeed,been offered federal grants and/or matching funds. Just read a little. Will ya?!

Riffy
14th November 2006 10:19 PM
Fiji Joe "Steeler country...Bush country...same diff boss"
14th November 2006 10:23 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Hey Moonie if there were any conclussive proof that embryonic stem cell research wwere profitable the private sector would be all over it. There is not,and they are not. However,many private investors are investing heavily in adult stem cell research. Wonder why?

This whole embryonic stem cell hooey is nothing more than a federal money grab attempt for grants that the private sector has no faith in. Read a little Moonie. There are plenty of stories out there that have shown that adult stem cell reserch is the way that most scientists feel offer the best hope for any real cures. Those studies have,indeed,been offered federal grants and/or matching funds. Just read a little. Will ya?!

Riffy

HAHA!

Link? I mean a real link.

Holy fuck dude, the Kool Aid must taste great this time of year. I heard magnetic resonance imaging is useless area of research too - its all like black magic these days, all black magic.

WTF?
14th November 2006 10:26 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Uber Konservative and Uber Konservative, Jr.

Overrated Steelers wide receivers dig Bush...

Oh man, now that hurt.

Lynn! Lynn! Why hast though forsaken common sense?

Too bad politics is so whacked. Republican party could do with one of the dudes in that picture and its not the retarded white one who grew up in prep schools, jerking off.
14th November 2006 10:29 PM
Fiji Joe "Really Cliff?...Are you serious?...It's embryonic stem cell research?...You sure it's not ebonic?"

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
14th November 2006 10:45 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

HAHA!

Link? I mean a real link.

Holy fuck dude, the Kool Aid must taste great this time of year. I heard magnetic resonance imaging is useless area of research too - its all like black magic these days, all black magic.

WTF?

I was hoping you'd ask! Here ya go moonie! Here's two for you.

#1 link for Mr. Smartypants!
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?se...dell&id=4754901

And link #2 for Mr. Bush Bash for no other reason than to bash Bush.

http://cities.expressindia.com/full...p?newsid=209369

Please note that both of these studies involve ADULT stem cells. Also,if you could,please provide a link that helps demonstrate how embryonic stem cell research has yeilded the same amount of positive results as has adult stem cell research. You can't,but try anyway.

Please also note that these studies were funded not only federally,but also by the private sector. Why? Because they have shown promiss and profitability! Something that hardly any researcher will go on record as saying about embryonic stem cell research.

It's a federal money grab free-for-all moonie!! Can't you see that?!

Riffy

[Edited by Riffhard]
14th November 2006 11:30 PM
Zambero GOP Good News: Bush is more popular in the U.S. than in any other country.
GOP Bad News: Bush's approval rating in the U.S. is 35%.

Well....Shit!

14th November 2006 11:46 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Zambero wrote:
GOP Good News: Bush is more popular in the U.S. than in any other country.
GOP Bad News: Bush's approval rating in the U.S. is 35%.

Well....Shit!

Yeah blah,blah,blah....he's not on the ticket in 2008 hate to tell you. This is about the idiotic,psychotic,inane Bush bashing for no other reason than to bash on Bush. I figured you libs would let that shit go once the elections were over,but like a dog on a bone some here just can't let it go. Now,moonie,where are those links again?

Riffy
14th November 2006 11:53 PM
munky
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Yeah blah,blah,blah....he's not on the ticket in 2008 hate to tell you. This is about the idiotic,psychotic,inane Bush bashing for no other reason than to bash on Bush. I figured you libs would let that shit go once the elections were over,but like a dog on a bone some here just can't let it go. Now,moonie,where are those links again?

Riffy

http://www.maxlugar.com/forum/detail.asp?Id=68032
14th November 2006 11:58 PM
Riffhard
quote:
munky wrote:

http://www.maxlugar.com/forum/detail.asp?Id=68032

Did you not see the humour in that post?! See what I was going for there was an attempt at showing that political threads had gotten old. So I decided to change course and talk about Little Feat. Well,it just so happens that even at The Couch a certain Mr. Moonie could not let the political talk (read-Bush bash) go. This even after the elections. So,with that in mind,I decided to have a little fun,but....what were exactly driving at here,anyway? Links,moonie?

Riffy
15th November 2006 12:32 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Hey Moonie if there were any conclussive proof that embryonic stem cell research wwere profitable the private sector would be all over it. There is not,and they are not. However,many private investors are investing heavily in adult stem cell research. Wonder why?

Riffy

Apparently the absurdity of the juxtaposition of "conclussive [sic] proof" and "research" is lost on riffy. The whole point of research is to gain NEW knowledge. Government-funded research allows the open-ended scientific exploration which CAN lead to commercially exploitable discoveries. The research comes first, the "conclussive proof" comes later. Did they even bother to teach the scientific method or elementary logic where you went to school, riffy?

It is also interesting that this whole "federal money grab attempt for grants" argument wasn't raised by Bush or his theocrat Republican lackies. They chose instead to rely on a religious argument which is the functional parallel of the Inquisition's treatment of the heliocentric theory of the solar system. In case the history of science was another subject you skipped, please note that religious fundamentalists have opposed every scientific advance from Galileo through Darwin to embryonic stem cell research. Opposed unsuccessfully, I might add, though some scientists were burned at the stake in the process.

I read the two links that riffy posted. What they show is that adult stem cells have some therapeutic benefit. No one disputes that. What the links in no way demonstrate is riffy's assertion that "adult stem cell reserch [sic] is the way that most scientists feel offer the best hope for any real cures." The articles say nothing about that. Where did you get that idea, riffy?

Here's an actual link comparing embryonic and adult stem cells, from the official National Institutes of Health site:

http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/basics5.asp

Since righties tend not to read links from legitimate sources such as NIH or National Geographic, I will quote two relevant passages.

"Embryonic stem cells can become all cell types because they are pluripotent. Adult stem cells are generally limited to differentiating into different cell types of their tissue of origin."

"Large numbers of embryonic stem cells can be relatively easily grown in a culture, while adult stem cells are rare in mature tissues and methods for expanding their numbers in cell culture have not yet been worked out."

Predictions:
1. Riffy will not bother to read the NIH link.
2. Riffy will not address the substance of my argument.
3. If he responds at all, riffy will focus on my hyperbolic use of the term "theocrat" rather than substantive issues.
4. Riffy will provide no proof for his assertion that a majority of scientists favor adult stem cell research over embryonic research.

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
15th November 2006 08:33 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Now that just may have just been your dumbest "political" post ever - showing not only true ignorance of high technology and the prosperity it creates in the U.S., the relationship between business and government, the substantial investment our country has made in high tech, but it further showing true ignorance of your idiotic hero, who subsidizes the living piss out of random industries on whim, while fucking the ones that matter based on his delusional conversations with god.

No Moopy. You are the dope here for falling for the liberal talking points that emryonic stem cells are the magic bullet for all the worlds health woes. It questionable at this time, and besides the Great and Honorable George W. Bush is the first president to approve of embryonic stem cell reasearch on a limited number of lines. It's called being reasonable, when roughly 50% of the population considers it murder to destroy these things. I don't. But I can see the point of people who do. Frankly I'm shocked that an uber conservative like yourself would be on board for this. New things everyday, I guess...

And don't drive angry, old pal. Slam on your brakes and let those stuffed animals on your back window fly!

And Hail Bush!
15th November 2006 08:43 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
In case the history of science was another subject you skipped, please note that religious fundamentalists have opposed every scientific advance from Galileo through Darwin to embryonic stem cell research. Opposed unsuccessfully, I might add, though some scientists were burned at the stake in the process.
[

You are really going to compare Bush saying it's legal to study embryonic stem cell research but the government will fund a limited batch, to scientists being burned at the stake in the 1400's?

You need a healthy does of some Bush Hailin'!
15th November 2006 10:13 AM
rasputin56 Save the Snowflakes!

15th November 2006 12:51 PM
robpop
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Thank GOD the Bush Geeks and the great George W. Bush know the difference between GOVERNMENT funding of EMBRYONIC stem cell research and letting the PRIVATE sector do all the research they want on little buggers. A true conservative like yourself KNOWS the private sector does the job 1000 times better than the government. Those high tech businesses can go hog wild on the stuff. And they are. George Soros can fund them, if him's into that. All together now: "duh".

Hail Bush!

NOthing further from the truth. THe private sector cuts corners to maximize profits.
15th November 2006 01:01 PM
robpop
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Yeah blah,blah,blah....he's not on the ticket in 2008 hate to tell you. This is about the idiotic,psychotic,inane Bush bashing for no other reason than to bash on Bush. I figured you libs would let that shit go once the elections were over,but like a dog on a bone some here just can't let it go.

Riffy

Come on six years later and the first thing that comes out of any Bush geek's mouth during a arguement is..."Well, Clinton....."
15th November 2006 01:04 PM
Dan
quote:
Come on six years later and the first thing that comes out of any Bush geek's mouth during a arguement is..."Well, Clinton....."

It's all they have left really.
15th November 2006 01:13 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Hail Bush.

sieg heil

15th November 2006 01:15 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
robpop wrote:
The religious right is the most stupid fucks whow had ever lived. Your god fucked you all in the ass.

and Maxy and his ilk scream 'thank you, sir, may I have another....'

15th November 2006 02:35 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Did you not see the humour in that post?! See what I was going for there was an attempt at showing that political threads had gotten old. So I decided to change course and talk about Little Feat. Well,it just so happens that even at The Couch a certain Mr. Moonie could not let the political talk (read-Bush bash) go. This even after the elections. So,with that in mind,I decided to have a little fun,but....what were exactly driving at here,anyway? Links,moonie?

Riffy

You honestly believe sitting there, given the similarities on one level, and important differences on another, that adult stem cell research is it, and embryonic stem cell research isn't. Once again, your black and white Bush based view of the world seem incredibly demented. They are embryonic stem cells - 9th grade biology can tell you they are an important area of research into how they work.

I am not going to google up the importance of embryonic stem cell research articles, because then I'd have to determine which ones I'd read before and that made sense - unlike what you did. Hell even Bill "Taliban" Frist who can magically diagnose current brain trauma from watching 5 years old vidoes, thinks George Walker Bush III and you are batshit on this.

Suffice to say, when the Europeans and Russians commericalize various related technologies and our own FDA approves them (say 7-10 years), you'll be denying something else blatantly obvious, and have long shelved this ridiculous position. Its going to happen, it will be big and lucrative, and we are handicapped based on some kind of freak show voodoo mojo, from a guy who can barely speak English.

I don't recall ever posting politics on the Couch, show me where that happened - I didn't even respond to your political thread in any real way, just asked if it was now kosher, since you did go off quite a bit.
15th November 2006 02:41 PM
sirmoonie Here, read information on here, its where I learned the technology when I was looking at it year ago. And the don't let the word "Massachusetts" scare you off - they are one of the best research hospitals in the country on a wide range of medical technologies - I met some of their quacks before, they blow doors, and make tons of money.

http://www.massgeneral.org/regenmed/forthepublic_links.htm
15th November 2006 02:46 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

You are really going to compare Bush saying it's legal to study embryonic stem cell research but the government will fund a limited batch, to scientists being burned at the stake in the 1400's?

You need a healthy does of some Bush Hailin'!

The point, which you studiously ignore, is that religious orthodoxy (at least the Christian kind) has consistently opposed scientific progress. The difference is one of degree, not of type.
15th November 2006 02:48 PM
sirmoonie Why is this terrorist having the warm fuzzies? Is he going to blow up another American plane?

Or is he just counting his new American $$$$$$$ greenage?

He's happy either way I suppose.

15th November 2006 02:54 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

No Moopy. You are the dope here for falling for the liberal talking points that emryonic stem cells are the magic bullet for all the worlds health woes. It questionable at this time, and besides the Great and Honorable George W. Bush is the first president to approve of embryonic stem cell reasearch on a limited number of lines. It's called being reasonable, when roughly 50% of the population considers it murder to destroy these things.

Roughly 100% of the population in the Middle Ages believed that the sun revolved around the earth. What's more, their belief was supported by plainly observable phenomena, unlike the "stem cell research is murder" superstition. Yet they were all wrong, and Galileo was right. Scientific truth should not be subjected to a vote or a political compromise to pander to religious troglodytes.
15th November 2006 02:56 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

The point, which you studiously ignore, is that religious orthodoxy (at least the Christian kind) has consistently opposed scientific progress.

Just out of curiosity...why the parentheticals?...Is there a non-christian religion that is more tolerant?...Please list them...and just so I know where you're coming from, are you an athiest?...agnostic?...other?...You've impliedly equated some of my views to religious views in some of our past discussions and I guess if I'm going to be forced to defend the notion of religion and its viewpoints it would be nice to know where you stand
15th November 2006 03:12 PM
Maxlugar Funny that the Corky-lite brigade is more concerned with the big business implications of Bush only funding limited Embryonic Stem Cell research, and not the fact that Communists like Henry Waxman, Charlie Rangel and Dick Durbin and taking the reigns of Congress in January.

Just seems like energy misplaced...

Hail Bush!
15th November 2006 03:35 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Funny that the Corky-lite brigade is more concerned with the big business implications of Bush only funding limited Embryonic Stem Cell research, and not the fact that Communists like Henry Waxman, Charlie Rangel and Dick Durbin and taking the reigns of Congress in January.

Just seems like energy misplaced...

Hail Bush!

Nanky ?!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)