ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 37th Ya Ya's Out!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bob Dylan Modern Times Tour starts today! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
17th November 2006 08:03 PM
WattsAtScotts Could someone please post a live verison of Thunder On The Mountain, thanks
17th November 2006 11:29 PM
WattsAtScotts What is the best boot of this tour so far? Thanks
18th November 2006 11:24 PM
Martha Stonesy got a debut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Wachovia Spectrum

November 18, 2006

1. The Levee's Gonna Break
2. Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
3. High Water (For Charley Patton)
4. To Ramona
5. Rollin' And Tumblin'
6. Desolation Row
7. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
8. Ballad Of Hollis Brown
9. Highway 61 Revisited
10. Spirit On The Water
11. Tangled Up In Blue
12. Nettie Moore
13. Summer Days

(encore)
14. Thunder On The Mountain
15. Like A Rolling Stone
16. All Along The Watchtower

(Thanks to Jonathan, Susan & Al for the phone calls and Mike for the text messages.)

Band Members
Bob Dylan - keyboard, harp
Tony Garnier - bass
George Recile - drums
Stu Kimball - rhythm guitar
Denny Freeman - lead guitar
Donnie Herron - electric mandolin, violin, pedal steel, lap steel
21st November 2006 09:03 AM
Martha New York, New York
New York City Center

November20, 2006

1. The Levee's Gonna Break
2. Seņor (Tales Of Yankee Power)
3. Rollin' And Tumblin'
4. Boots Of Spanish Leather
5. High Water (For Charley Patton)
6. When The Deal Goes Down
7. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
8. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
9. Tangled Up In Blue
10. Spirit On The Water
11. Highway 61 Revisited
12. Nettie Moore
13. Summer Days

(encore)
14. Ain't Talkin'
15. Thunder On The Mountain
16. Like A Rolling Stone

(Thanks to Jonathan, Susan & Al for the phone calls)

Band Members
Bob Dylan - keyboard, harp
Tony Garnier - bass
George Recile - drums
Stu Kimball - rhythm guitar
Denny Freeman - lead guitar
Donnie Herron - electric mandolin, violin, pedal steel, lap steel
21st November 2006 09:07 AM
Martha I'm absolutely weeping over last night's set-list. Thankfully I had a great dream of Bob last night....to get me through another day.

GotToRollMe...how was the debut of "Ain't Talkin"? I would have fainted if I'd been there.

I think Bob was commenting on OJ's book. LOL

peace out,
Martha
21st November 2006 09:11 AM
paddy aint talkin

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/233106-1.html
21st November 2006 09:27 AM
Martha Wish I could download that one. :-(

I can't wait to take a sedge hammer to this computer!

Thanks paddy!
21st November 2006 10:10 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
I'm absolutely weeping over last night's set-list.

7 tracks from MT, too.
21st November 2006 12:19 PM
Bitch Martha, Ain't Talkin as an encore was sweet! My highlights from the Nov 20 NYC show:

Rollin & Tumblin *****
Like A Rolling Stone *****
Don't Think Twice *****
Nettie Moore *****
Ain't Talkin *****
Tangled Up In Blue *****

The venue NY City Center was small, only 2600 seats, right in the heart of NYC. It's like no other place on earth! Storefront displays on 5th Avenue showcasing the most beautiful designer clothes and shoes, Christmas decorations and displays, and the finer things in life, and the homeless pushing shopping carts with their entire worldly posessions on the next corner.

BOB looked good, he's as thin as MICK & KEEF, but he never took his cowboy hat off so I couldn't get a look at his hair. He wore a black cowboy inspired suit, all the band members wore the same black pants, black jackets and black cowboy hats. Even the drummer kept his jacket on the whole time, and it was hot in there. BOB's voice is unique, you never know how he's going to sound, his voice takes on so many variations from smooth as silk to rough as sandpaper. Incredible, I dont think BOB knows how he sounds, at times he looks surprised, relieved or satisfied. He never picked up a guitar, but the harp was awesome and the keyboards were great and could have been turned up louder IMO.

Overall a memorable show, I was happy that BOB played 7 songs from Modern Times, because I've been playing it alot and the live versions kicked ass compared to the CD. I have much more appreciation for the CD after hearing the concert.

THANKS BOB!
21st November 2006 12:24 PM
glencar Geez, that sounds like a helluva show! To think that the Stones on Friday & a Dylan last show on Monday! What's up for Thursday?
21st November 2006 03:15 PM
the soul survivor Hold your fire! But I attended the Bob Dylan show last night in NYC and was not at all impressed. I've only seen Bob 3 times (Rolling Thunder in Rochester, NY, back in 1975 or so, last year in NYC and last night). I really like many of his records/discs and think the new one has some kick ass material. But last night (like last year), I was so put off by his vocals that it ruined the entire show for me. It's simply that I find his vocals to be such a large part of his appeal, and his reduced range (and whatever else has happened to his voice)kills it for me. Having said that, I was in the very teeny minority at the show last night, most people were eating it up! In truth, I was simply saddened by the performance, similar to when I hear Keith Richards sing at the Stones' shows. I'm not criticizing, just reporting my reaction.

The Soul Survivor
21st November 2006 05:56 PM
paddy thunder on the mountain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08I18FaUb4&mode=related&search=
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)