ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 37th Ya Ya's Out!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bob Dylan Modern Times Tour starts today! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
4th November 2006 07:12 AM
paddy London, Ontario
John Labatt Centre
November 3, 2006

1. Maggie's Farm
2. She Belongs To Me
3. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
4. Girl Of The North Country
5. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
6. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
7. Not Dark Yet
8. Rollin' And Tumblin'
9. Masters Of War
10. Desolation Row
11. Highway 61 Revisited
12. Nettie Moore
13. Summer Days

(encore)
14. Thunder On The Mountain
15. Like A Rolling Stone
16. All Along The Watchtower

4th November 2006 08:08 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
paddy wrote:
London, Ontario
John Labatt Centre
November 3, 2006

1. Maggie's Farm
2. She Belongs To Me
4. Girl Of The North Country
7. Not Dark Yet
8. Rollin' And Tumblin'
9. Masters Of War
10. Desolation Row
11. Highway 61 Revisited
12. Nettie Moore
13. Summer Days

(encore)
15. Like A Rolling Stone

I always like to leave early to a show because, well, you never know. Last night, the you never know turned out to be a 4-car pile up on the 401. Leaving us stuck in traffic for an hour. Luckily, not a note was missed.

A good show. Not great. Bob's voice was stronger than the last few times I've seen him.

Tour debuts for Girl Of The North Country and Not Dark Yet. A powerful Masters Of War and a beautifully sung Nettie Moore were probably my highlights. Only 3, previously-performed tracks from Modern Times, so no surprises there. With Tombstone Blues, Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat and Lenny Bruce rearing their heads as surprise openers, I was hoping for something other than Cats or Maggie as the opener. No such luck.

No nag champa.

The show was sold out with every ass in it's seat for even the very good Foo Fighters set. I was very impressed with their acoustic renditions.

I anxiously await Tuesday's show in Toronto...
4th November 2006 08:34 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks, Mr. Bones! At least YOU get another show !
4th November 2006 10:20 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
OK..Home..I have no complaints. You saw the setlist..

The venue was in the middle of nowhere and it took us 2 hours to get there from Ann Arbor with traffic and snow.
Foo Fighters were just"OK"-never really liked them to begin with. Grohl's incessant head bobbing will drive ya nuts!!

Bob and his band were great. Gotta say the highlights for me were Spirit on the Water, Nettie Moore, and Positively 4th Street. Nettie Moore was the only song in which Bob actually enunciated his lyrics so all could understand and it was beautifully done(brought tears to the eyes!). I went nuts when I realized they were playing Johanna, but to be truthful...I did not like this version.
Stuck inside a Mobile and Senor are always appreciated by me, as well as a great version of Tangled Up in Blue. A great night of Bob.........

Like I said....No Complaints

Hope you get a good one too. Mr. Bones!!!

Glad you got a good show, MEG! I'm hoping he throws in a couple from "Desire" myself, but whatever the setlist, it's all good. Hey, it's Bob...ya can't go wrong!

4th November 2006 11:26 AM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I always like to leave early to a show because, well, you never know. Last night, the you never know turned out to be a 4-car pile up on the 401. Leaving us stuck in traffic for an hour. Luckily, not a note was missed.

A good show. Not great. Bob's voice was stronger than the last few times I've seen him.

Tour debuts for Girl Of The North Country and Not Dark Yet. A powerful Masters Of War and a beautifully sung Nettie Moore were probably my highlights. Only 3, previously-performed tracks from Modern Times, so no surprises there. With Tombstone Blues, Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat and Lenny Bruce rearing their heads as surprise openers, I was hoping for something other than Cats or Maggie as the opener. No such luck.

No nag champa.

The show was sold out with every ass in it's seat for even the very good Foo Fighters set. I was very impressed with their acoustic renditions.

I anxiously await Tuesday's show in Toronto...

The show was sold out with every ass in it's seat

What is the capacity?

Thanks for the review Lazy! :-)

4th November 2006 11:27 AM
Martha
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Glad you got a good show, MEG! I'm hoping he throws in a couple from "Desire" myself, but whatever the setlist, it's all good. Hey, it's Bob...ya can't go wrong!

Hey, it's Bob...ya can't go wrong!"

GTRM! The words you speak are music to my ears!" Glad you are IN for the last show!!!!

Peace out,
MM
4th November 2006 06:55 PM
paddy last night

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fkl3ms
4th November 2006 08:12 PM
FM When are the Euro dates being confirmed ?

Fraser
4th November 2006 08:14 PM
Gazza It'll hardly be this side of Christmas, Fraser

Rumour has it the shows will be April-May 2007
4th November 2006 08:44 PM
Coming Down Again This review taken from the blog for my radio show...THE ROCKATERIA...click on this sentence to check it out.

Nov. 3, 2006 - Bob Dylan - The John Labatt Centre - London, Ontario

As long as I have a rock'n'roll show I thought I might as well take a minute to lay down a few thoughts about last night's Dylan show at the JLC.

First off, I'd like to be able to comment on the Foo Fighter acoustic set but I didn't make it in time to catch them as I had to finish up The Rockateria and then race home to consume all of the necessary pre-concert goodies. By most accounts, the Foo's put on a great show and did a wonderful job transforming their numbers into acoustic form. I'd like to have caught them as I know I'll never lay down the cash to catch them headline (especially not if they're electric). Oh well...

Now to the Dylan set. I'm actually not going to comment a whole lot about specific songs (see the setlist below). All of the player's involved were great. All the sidemen were master's of their craft and there was some really nice interplay between the two guitarists. To many's surprise, Dylan himself didn't pick up an axe (that's what cool rockers call a guitar) at all during the night's 16 song set. His vocals were strong and from Maggie's Farm to Watchtower, Bob played away on the piano, periodically in a motion that looked an awful lot like he was humping the thing. I was pretty far back but I'm pretty sure he had his pants on the whole time. I sure hope he did...

Now this brings me to the thing that impressed me most about the night. While most aging rockers are all about the big stage show, Dylan had none of this. I say I'm pretty sure he had his pants on because he could have easily slipped out junior Dylan and I'd not have been able to tell. Not a single video screen was present. Nothing at all. Not only that but there wasn't a fancy light show...no lasers or inflatables...nothing. This was a presentation that you might have expected when Dylan went electric with The Band backing him up in 1966. This was the first thing that really impressed me about the way Bob chooses to present his present day show. He let the music and his words be the experience...

The music! The music...several songs in it became very apparent that Bob is out and touring to do things the way he wants. If his strictly playing piano wasn't enough to tell the audience that he wasn't there to appeal to their sense of nostalgia, the arrangements of the classic Dylan tracks were there to slam that point home. The lyrics were there to confirm what song we were hearing but the overall presentation of the tracks were fresh. While these arrangements didn't always strike a chord with me, the fact that Bob was taking his old songs to new places when I'm sure the majority of the audience would love to hear Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine) just the way they've heard it over and over again on Before The Flood, was gutsy and impressive. While most of his generation that are still out touring on a large-scale are, to a point, caricatures of their younger selves (my beloved Stones included), Bob Dylan still evokes thoughts of that younger man that went electric knowing that he was going to alienate many of his fans. Dylan penned tracks have probably been covered more than any other artists. Once in a while last night, it felt like I was listening to Dylan covering himself. I have to admit that there were times when this left me wanting but at the end of the night it left me with even more respect for a man that I didn't think I could respect any more.
Bravo, Bob Dylan.

The set:

1. Maggie's Farm
2. She Belongs To Me
4. Girl From The North Country
7. Not Dark Yet
8. Rollin' And Tumblin'
9. Masters Of War
10. Desolation Row
11. Highway 61 Revisited
12. Nettie Moore
13. Summer Days

(encore)
15. Like A Rolling Stone

4th November 2006 09:03 PM
Erik_Snow Very nice read, thanks.
4th November 2006 10:44 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
What is the capacity?

I think capacity for a Knight's game (hockey) is around 9200. So add maybe 1000 or 1200 for the floor. Roughly. Same place I saw The Who a few weeks back.

Of course you'd lose a few hundred behind the stage, too...
5th November 2006 02:27 PM
PartyDoll MEG Detroit up on dime(Thanks, Gazza, my friend)

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-...s.php?id=119816

After listening to Johanna...muffled Bob singing but not as bad as my "first impression." Yep..it was a good show!!
5th November 2006 03:31 PM
Coming Down Again
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I think capacity for a Knight's game (hockey) is around 9200. So add maybe 1000 or 1200 for the floor. Roughly. Same place I saw The Who a few weeks back.

Of course you'd lose a few hundred behind the stage, too...

If you hit up my blog you can also check out how I landed in the front row for that very same Who show...
Enjoy!!

www.myspace.com/rockateria
6th November 2006 12:12 AM
erikjjf Ottawa, Ontario
Scotiabank Place
November 5, 2006

1. Maggie's Farm
2. She Belongs To Me
3. Watching The River Flow
4. Just Like A Woman
5. Highway 61 Revisited
6. Ballad Of A Thin Man
7. Rollin' And Tumblin'
8. Simple Twist Of Fate
9. High Water (For Charley Patton)
10. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
11. Tangled Up In Blue
12. Nettie Moore
13. Summer Days
(encore)
15. Like A Rolling Stone
6th November 2006 01:23 PM
paddy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5OEmU45_WE
6th November 2006 05:05 PM
F505
quote:
paddy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5OEmU45_WE

Please don't make Bob ridiculous.
7th November 2006 08:34 AM
paddy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO0gSJGJ7Fs
7th November 2006 04:07 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
paddy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO0gSJGJ7Fs

Very old stuff but thanks nevertheless
8th November 2006 01:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG Toronto, Ontario
Air Canada Centre

November 7, 2006

1. Maggie's Farm
2. She Belongs To Me
3. Lonesome Day Blues
4. Positively 4th Street
6. When The Deal Goes Down
7. Highway 61 Revisited
8. Masters Of War
9. Rollin' And Tumblin'
10. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
11. Tangled Up In Blue
12. Nettie Moore
13. Summer Days

(encore)
15. Like A Rolling Stone

12th November 2006 01:03 AM
lotsajizz good show tonight by Uncle Bob--I went with my 14 year old daughter--she liked it..he was in good voice, too many old fucks at the concert who sat through the whole thing---I hate people too feeble to stand up at a rockshow!

anyway, the Raconteurs blew Bob away...a blistering set of new rock, superbly played covers, and just a helluva lot of talent...Bob should NOT have such a good opening act again, the contrast was not pretty...

Bob's set

1. Maggie's Farm
2. She Belongs To Me
3. Lonesome Day Blues
4. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
6. Workingman's Blues #2
7. Tangled Up In Blue
8. Blind Willie McTell
9. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
10. Ballad Of Hollis Brown --HIGHLIGHT of the show
11. Highway 61 Revisited
12. Spirit On The Water
13. Summer Days

(encore)
15. Like A Rolling Stone

12th November 2006 05:46 AM
paddy throw away your crutches,take some painkillers and stand up for a few hours !

last night's Boston show is already up on Dime............
12th November 2006 07:17 PM
lotsajizz Freewheelin’ Dylan sheds his skin again
By Jed Gottlieb
Sunday, November 12, 2006 - Updated: 02:29 AM EST

Bob Dylan’s whole career has been about doing whatever he wants, whenever he wants, however he wants. It’s an approach that’s fostered both a crazed cult and a lot of disappointed former devotees unwilling to change with Dylan’s times.

For fans of Dylan the folkie, Dylan the protest balladeer or Dylan the crooner, last night’s show at Agganis Arena - the first of a two-night stand that continues tonight - was a major disappointment. But for fans transfixed by Dylan’s mercurial, iconic persona, the gig couldn’t have gone better.

From the start, the legend distanced himself from his many pasts. He opened with a version of “Maggie’s Farm,” devoid of its original vocal melody or rhythm. He followed the tune with another standard, “She Belongs to Me,” which was equally absent of its original feel. If Dylan’s band sounded at all familiar, it wasn’t because of the set list; it was because they evoked every great bar band of the last 70 years.

Two guitars, bass, pedal steal and drums - with Dylan on a keyboard that vacillated between church and hockey-rink organ - these guys looked and sounded like the 1973 honky-tonk house band at Missoula, Montana’s Union Club, or maybe it was an r & b band at Chicago’s King Club in 1952, or a white blues band at any Oklahoma road house during the ’60s.

That’s not to say that the band, or Dylan’s oddly straight songs, were bad. They were great. As long as you didn’t mind the entirely new melodies.

Many in the crowd immediately identified the chord changes of “Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right.” But quelling any hopes at a grand sing-a-long, Dylan burst in with a new, flat vocal line. The pattern was repeated again with “Tangled Up In Blue”: a big applause at the acoustic guitar introduction, then a wildly odd vocal. “Tangled Up In Blue” is the type of song that pushes the singer into the melody, so Dylan couldn’t resist hitting a few recognizable notes, but he tried his damnedest not to. He would enter choruses late or accelerate midverse. Like most of his career, he still is trying his hardest never to repeat himself.

One song in particular, “Ballad of Hollis Brown,” was enhanced by Dylan’s blunt approach. The haunting ballad’s desperation was made more wicked by the singer’s cold reading.

The straightest songs of the night were the one’s off his recent albums. “Thunder on the Mountain,” “Spirit on the Water” and “Workingman’s Blues #2” from his latest album “Modern Times” and “Summer Days” from 2001’s “Love and Theft” all evoked the hot, loose bar-band sound Dylan’s reperfecting.

It’s hard to say if Dylan or his management team are picking his openers, but whoever it is, they’re doing a great job. The Raconteurs, led by White Stripe Jack White, blew away the audience with hard rock in the AC/DC-meets-Led Zeppelin vain in what may be the best double bill of the year.
12th November 2006 08:45 PM
Bitch
quote:
Martha wrote:

Hey, it's Bob...ya can't go wrong!"

GTRM! The words you speak are music to my ears!" Glad you are IN for the last show!!!!

Peace out,
MM

I'm also in for the Nov. 20 show in NYC, a nice little theatre show! HELL YEAH! See you there GTRM! I hope BOB plays LIKE A ROLLING STONE! Do you think we should wear our RS Tongue shirts? That will be funny, lol!
16th November 2006 12:21 AM
erikjjf Amherst, Massachusetts
University of Massachusetts
Mullins Center
November 15, 2006

1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
2. The Man In Me
4. When The Deal Goes Down
5. Cold Irons Bound
6. The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll
7. I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
8. John Brown
9. Watching The River Flow
10. Sugar Baby
11. Highway 61 Revisited
12. Spirit On The Water
13. Summer Days
(encore)
14. Lenny Bruce
15. Thunder On The Mountain
16. Like A Rolling Stone
16th November 2006 12:11 PM
Martha
quote:
Bitch wrote:

I'm also in for the Nov. 20 show in NYC, a nice little theatre show! HELL YEAH! See you there GTRM! I hope BOB plays LIKE A ROLLING STONE! Do you think we should wear our RS Tongue shirts? That will be funny, lol!

Wear the shirt! I wore my Stones shirt from the MSG gig to the Lincoln show and saw several Stones shirts worn by others there too! :-)

You WILL get LARS!

peace out,
Martha

PS last night's set (15th) was KILLER!
17th November 2006 01:30 AM
Left Shoe Shuffle East Rutherford NJ
Continental Airlines Arena
November 16, 2006

1. Cat's In The Well
2. Seńor (Tales Of Yankee Power)
3. Rollin' And Tumblin'
4. Positively 4th Street
6. When The Deal Goes Down
7. Things Have Changed
8. Simple Twist Of Fate
9. Highway 61 Revisited
10. Spirit On The Water
11. Tangled Up In Blue
12. Nettie Moore
13. Summer Days

(encore)
15. Like A Rolling Stone

Real nice show - 5 from MT, with Nettie Moore the highlight.
Excellent Seńor and a rollicking Things Have Changed.
Simple Twist was sublime.

Sadly The 'Lands was largely empty. Half full at best.

Get back to the theatres and gyms, Bob.
Please.

BTW, Raconteurs rawked!
17th November 2006 06:14 AM
glencar Ah yes, at Nassau last Monday night, there were many empties. Maybe 75% sold out. I'd have loved to hear/see Things Have Changed.
17th November 2006 08:09 AM
Bitch Cant wait to see Bob's last show in NY, my ticket just arrived in the mail. I'm in S 112. GotToRollMe where is your seat located? I'll look for you. Will try to get into the city early to avoid traffic.
you used to laugh about, everybody that was hanging out I'm still hangin out laughing!
17th November 2006 06:05 PM
paddy

November 15, 2006
2. The Man In Me

http://www.sendspace.com/file/h27nkp

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)