ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panathinaikos Stadium - Athens, Greece - 17th April 1967
Last tour performance of Brian Jones
With thanks to Fotini and Irina... BTW, Happy birthday Fotini!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wild Man Ozzy 'Had Burglar in Headlock' (NSC) Return to archive
November 22nd, 2004 07:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Wild Man Ozzy 'Had Burglar in Headlock'

By Katherine Haddon and John Bingham, PA

Rock wild man Ozzy Osbourne struggled with one of the masked raiders who stole around �2 million worth of jewellery from the star�s mansion, it emerged tonight.

Osbourne had one of the burglars in a headlock as he attempted to stop items, including a wedding and engagement ring belonging to wife Sharon, from being stolen.

He told The Sun newspaper: �He was a big, strong man � but at one point I thought I could kill him to stop him hurting Sharon. But then I just let him drop.

�It was terrifying, I was looking to see if he had a knife. I can�t get his staring eyes out of my mind.�

Among the jewellery taken were two gold wedding rings and a 24-carat sapphire, which was Sharon�s �survival� ring.

The burglary occurred after the couple had been celebrating the birthday of Sir Elton John�s boyfriend, David Furnish.

Osbourne needed the toilet in the early hours when he came upon the burglar.

He intends to beef up security but added the experience had left him angry and feeling violated.

After the struggle, the raiders escaped by jumping 30ft from a first floor window.

Police said �a large amount of jewellery� was taken from the couple�s home in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire, at around 4am.

The couple are staying there while Sharon appears in ITV talent show The X-Factor.

Jay Marose, the family�s spokesman in the US, said he had spoken to Sharon tonight and she was �sounding great�.

�Ozzy and Sharon were in the house. They were woken up by the incident eventually,� he said.

�My understanding is that the intruder was discovered in the dressing room, in Sharon�s dressing room.�

He added: �I�m sure everything will have financial and sentimental value, just knowing them, but any details would have to come from the police.�

The intruder had used a ladder to get into the first floor room, and police believe he would have been injured by the jump.

In a statement, Thames Valley Police said: �The disturbance woke the residents and a man grabbed one of the burglars.

�The offender eventually managed to struggle free and then jumped out of the window and made off.

�Police believe the burglar who escaped would have been injured after jumping from the window, a drop of 30ft.�

The man who jumped from the window is described as being of large build, 5ft 10ins to 5ft 11ins and was wearing a ski mask, a light-coloured jacket and trainers. There is no description of the second man.

Police believe the pair were driving a large vehicle, possibly a van, and are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen one leaving Chalfont St Peter at speed.

A press conference giving further details of the incident is expected to take place tomorrow.

The break-in is the latest event in a turbulent recent history for the Osbournes, who were thrust back into the media spotlight following the success of their eponymous reality TV show.

Last December, Ozzy spent eight days in a coma after breaking his collarbone, six ribs and a vertebra in a quadbike accident at the Buckinghamshire estate.

Changes, his duet with daughter Kelly, topped the charts in the weeks following the accident as Ozzy made his recovery.

Sharon has battled back from a cancer scare and saw her American talk show axed earlier this year.

But she has bounced back as a judge on The X-Factor alongside Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell.

The couple appeared together on the BBC�s Children In Need on Friday night.
November 22nd, 2004 07:42 PM
glencar LOL I'm sure there's much more to this story than meets the eye.
November 22nd, 2004 07:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL I'm sure there's much more to this story than meets the eye.

Yeah. This is crazy. I remember something similar happening to George Harrison some years back. And this is one good reason why it's NOT A GOOD thing to post rock stars' addresses on a message board.

November 22nd, 2004 08:27 PM
Gazza With all the shaking Ozzy's hands does, I'd imagine the burglar must have felt like his head was in a washing machine, never mind a headlock...
November 22nd, 2004 08:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
With all the shaking Ozzy's hands does, I'd imagine the burglar must have felt like his head was in a washing machine, never mind a headlock...