ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panathinaikos Stadium - Athens, Greece - 17th April 1967
Last tour performance of Brian Jones
With thanks to Fotini and Irina... BTW, Happy birthday Fotini!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: john are george are whirling..... Return to archive
November 21st, 2004 04:54 PM
kath around in their urns..

Paul McCartney Tapped For Super Bowl Halftime Show

POSTED: 1:18 pm EST November 21, 2004
UPDATED: 2:52 pm EST November 21, 2004

NEW YORK -- Legendary music star Paul McCartney will perform at halftime of this year's Super Bowl in Jacksonville.

Paul McCartney

This will be McCartney's second Super Bowl appearance. He performed prior to Super Bowl XXXVI in New Orleans, the first Super Bowl after the tragic events of September 11, 2001.

"There's nothing bigger than being asked to perform at the Super Bowl," said McCartney. "We're looking forward to rocking the millions at home and in the stadium."

McCartney is one of the world's most recognized rock and roll artists, starting his career with The Beatles in the 1960s and continuing with the band Wings and as a solo performer from the 1970s through the present.

"We are extremely pleased to work again with Paul McCartney, one of the greatest musicians of our time, to create a memorable show," said Steve Bornstein, the NFL's executive vice president of media.

Of course, the NFL had a memorable Super Bowl halftime show last year when Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" revealed one of her breasts and created a widespread debate over decency on television.

Copyright 2004. Courtesy of SportsNetwork.

November 21st, 2004 05:14 PM
LadyJane At least the Dolphins have no chance of being there, hence jb will not be in attendance.

I will avoid the halftime show as well.

LJ.
November 21st, 2004 05:17 PM
Some Guy Please no wardrobe malfunctions.
November 21st, 2004 05:22 PM
glencar He was at the one after 9-11? All I remember is U2's masterful show. Oh, wait, was that where he did that crappy "Freedom" song? Feh.
November 21st, 2004 05:58 PM
kath he was terrible at the concert for nyc...he DID help put it together, however. and it was a helluva concert! except for him. i was embarresed.

but bless his heart, i guess. he still wants to do it.
November 21st, 2004 06:21 PM
glencar I can't think of a worse song in this young century than that "Freedom" song. I was embarassed for Sir Paul myself!
November 21st, 2004 06:36 PM
Nellcote And we all know who was victorious @ the 2002 Superbowl with the aforementioned Angela Lansbury lookalike, correct?
I was there, he was a throwaway compared to U2..
LJ, Bledsoe woke up!
November 21st, 2004 07:16 PM
gypsy Damnit! I wish jb's team was in contention, and he'd HAVE to go see Macca. I would love that so much.
November 21st, 2004 07:23 PM
kath that WOULD be a tasty treat, wouldn't it gypsy? imagine just for a moment.......
November 21st, 2004 07:27 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
And we all know who was victorious @ the 2002 Superbowl with the aforementioned Angela Lansbury lookalike, correct?
I was there, he was a throwaway compared to U2..
LJ, Bledsoe woke up!

Nelly....I'm in shock....a fluke I am certain.

I agree with Glenny..Freedom is a horrible song. Shiver....

gyps...can you just picture Josh sqiriming in his seat during Macca's performance??? He'd have to leave the Stadium. I know I would.

LJ.
November 21st, 2004 10:09 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I believe I speak for most of us when I say: "Whoop-a-dee-fucking-do!"
November 21st, 2004 10:15 PM
gypsy LJ, I would love to see josh getting all in a snit about Macca!
November 21st, 2004 10:38 PM
kath i wonder why mowat is in a snit......
November 21st, 2004 10:44 PM
gypsy Because he is a huge Macca fan.
[Edited by gypsy]
November 22nd, 2004 12:31 AM
seclusion I have to agree with M.O.W.A.T!
November 22nd, 2004 12:44 AM
gypsy Quality posting from seclusion...
November 22nd, 2004 08:30 PM
kath a new county is heard from....
November 22nd, 2004 10:08 PM
Prodigal Son It's enough to make josh want to resurrect John Lennon from the dead just so he can chew out Paul and set him straight so this never happens. You gotta wonder how many great soundbytes we'd hear from Johnny if he hadn't been killed. Based on all the goofy stuff Paul has done, I think a gold mine would be the right term. Like Keith sometimes straightens out Mick (or vice versa), Paul has no musical muse to tell him to shut up; his 1st wife is dead, two of his bandmates (yeah, the ones who are talented enough to criticize him) and countless other former comrades are dead so Paulie can do whatever he wants now!