ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panathinaikos Stadium - Athens, Greece - 17th April 1967
Last tour performance of Brian Jones
With thanks to Fotini and Irina... BTW, Happy birthday Fotini!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RECORD: Live Licks plummet 50-144 on Billboard Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 20th, 2004 12:15 PM
gustavobala mick needs call marianne to the backing vocals...
November 20th, 2004 01:34 PM
Soldatti The album not sold so bad worldwide, the last week debuted #24 on the Top Worldwide Chart selling 89,000 copies (http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week47-2004.htm), this week is down to #40 with another 60,000 copies sold.
So, the album sold 149,000 copies worldwide so far, including:

Argentina: *1*
Germany: *9*-34
Greece: *9*
Austria: *13*-23
Sweden: *16*-31
Eurochart: *19*-31
Holland: *19*-19-31
Japan: *19*-45
Wallony: 31-*19*
Swiss: *21*-27-39
Wordwide rank: *24*-40
Portugal: *27*
Italy: 36-*34*
England: *38*-68
France: *38*-47
Norway: *38*
Flanders: *47*
Spain: *52*-65
USA: *50*-144
Canada: *80*
[Edited by Soldatti]
November 20th, 2004 05:28 PM
Mel Belli That's still pretty lame. But who cares. They don't, obviously. Otherwise they wouldn't have put it out. Like I said - auto-pilot.
November 20th, 2004 06:16 PM
glencar
quote:
keith_tif wrote:
Live Licks is rubbish! Ifthe Stones would make a good album they could ask Marianne Faithfull how she's doing for ler last record "Before The poison", very good album.
And she was interviewed by LE MONDE: she doesn't hide her opinions: for example she boycots Isra�l because they treat Palestiniens badly, Marianne is half jude by her mother, for her G Bush is dangerous and generates Ben Laden and the fears of elsewhere. You can disagree with Marianne but she's courageous to say what she thinks.
A Stone's interview bore me to death beacuse they want always to preserve their buisness, they are becomed Golden Boys but not Rock artistslike Marianne Faithfull, David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, REM, Patty Smith, Bob Dylan...

Don't waste your money to buy Alfie or Live licks, choose qulity and buy Before the poison.

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3246,36-387752,0.html
It's in french

There is NOTHING courageous about a celebrity attacking George W. Bush. It's almost de rigeur. It'd be more courageous if one spoke out in favor of him. I mean, besides those lame ass country guys.
November 21st, 2004 07:06 AM
corgi37 I have never been more pleased, or felt more vindicated, than seeing this cd fail. I pray some one, anyone in the Stones organisation heeds this clear signal.

The fans will no longer be treated like idiots by lazy multi millionaires.

I knew something was up when i tried to see if any tracks were available for down load on the p2p i go to.

Nup!!!!

I wonder if they can blame George Bush for this?

The war on Iraq?

Meanwhile, in todays Sunday Melbourne paper, U2's newie gets 4 stars (out of 4). Not only has Live Licks not been reviewed by anybody, it has certainly not dented the charts here at all.

The most tragic thing of all is, i fear they just dont care. Sure, we'll get a new release some friggin time in 2005, and a tour (well, maybe just the U.S.) but then, and this makes me sick, will we get a live cd of THAT tour???

This is the worst judgement they have ever made. A quick cut and paste of left over goodies, dug up easily, un-remastered, and just chucked together with el-cheapo art work, would have garnered them more respect, and dare i say, sales.

God, i hope they lose their recording contract.
November 21st, 2004 09:50 PM
Soldatti
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I have never been more pleased, or felt more vindicated, than seeing this cd fail. I pray some one, anyone in the Stones organisation heeds this clear signal.

The only "little worried" about this is Mick, I doubt if the others have an idea about this "new" release. When No Security was released I saw many interviews with Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie talking about the record and a special TV-program in ESPN. For this release only Mick talked a few lines on 3-4 interviews and all this interviews were the same day...
November 22nd, 2004 03:50 AM
keith_tif i agree with you soldatti!

They don't care of theirs fans!

i'm very angry!
November 22nd, 2004 01:30 PM
glencar Corgi's seriously correct. I haven't seen a review of LL in some of the bigger entertainment mags. Who'd ever think that would happen with a release from the world's best R&R band? They are squandering their rep.
November 22nd, 2004 04:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I have never been more pleased, or felt more vindicated, than seeing this cd fail. I pray some one, anyone in the Stones organisation heeds this clear signal.

agreed 100%. Its a relief to see so many diehard fans voting with their pockets for this one.

Was even pleasantly surprised to read on Shidoobee that our pal Stonedoug was also refusing to buy it.

Now, if we can JUST get that trickle-down effect to work on ticket prices......
[Edited by Gazza]
November 22nd, 2004 11:39 PM
corgi37 Gazza, i think it will be bound to happen. The next Stones tour will probably be all arena. Thats alot cheaper production costs, especially if they stick to the Licks minimal set up. They will have to be guaranteed an enourmous up-front, per show, 100% locked in fee, but what could they charge? $400? Tops! But, like i have posted before, with U2 doing their thing, there goes the hope of roping in some much needed new young fans.

And, what loyal oldie, maybe close to retirement, maybe jaded after seeing them 2,000 times, is going to spend that sort of money again? Their demographic is getting older. They are NOT picking up the younger crowd, no matter who wants to argue it. People needing new hips, with grandkids and a Winnibago to buy, are not going to fork over $400 to see a slower, wrinklier, Jagger and Co do "Brown Sugar", when they saw them do it at their highest powers.

Well, obviously, some would. But i venture to say, not as many as previously, and maybe not as many as they hope. No doubt the last Stones tour was a success, but the signs of indignant fans were very evident, not least, on this board of fanatics. I paid $350 to see them here, and i would pay double that for the good seats i had.

But i tell you, i know many, many rabid Stones nuts who will not pay that much, and who would prefer to sit at home and crank up Love you Live. One of them, is my best mate!

Makes me think of a 80's band: Pop will eat itself.
November 22nd, 2004 11:40 PM
corgi37 And, Gazza, check PM. I need urgent info. I have something ready for you!
Page: 1 2