ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panathinaikos Stadium - Athens, Greece - 17th April 1967
Last tour performance of Brian Jones
With thanks to Fotini and Irina... BTW, Happy birthday Fotini!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Midnight Rambler in Four Flicks ( And RONNIE ) Return to archive
November 18th, 2004 11:44 PM
Bruno Stone I was watching FF today, arena show... Midnight Rambler is absolutely perfect there, it shows how fucking great they are. Mick` singing is so clean and vigorous, and the harmonica and dancing are espectacular. Keith plays that killer guitar line with so much control... Charlie keeps the beat the way he always do: knowing how to do. And now comes my principal point: Ronnie is great. You got to look and hear how good is his playing in it. Specially from the `` everybody got to go...`` till the end. He plays killer licks during the song. So, i`d like to ask you to watch it and take a look on Ronnie. He`s great there. ``Everybody got to go`` till the end. Pay attention.

I`d like to know what you think about it. The whole performance of MR and Ronnie`s playing in it.
November 18th, 2004 11:48 PM
ResidentMule yeah. Midnight Rambler rocks in Four Flicks.
but I have to give it a 9/10 - because the YaYa's version is untoppable, or at least by any versions not of that era
November 19th, 2004 12:06 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
yeah. Midnight Rambler rocks in Four Flicks.
but I have to give it a 9/10 - because the YaYa's version is untoppable, or at least by any versions not of that era

Come'on now! You know they both suck compared to Gov't Mule: The Deepest End: Live in Concert

November 19th, 2004 12:10 AM
ResidentMule I always know I'm dealing with a truly enlightened music enthusiast when they can pick out a concert with some 2 dozen musicians on stage and decide they don't like any of them

victor wooten
the dirty dozen brass band
sonny landreth

yeah, they all suck

and since you brought it up, even Gov't Mule's ridiculously long extended half hour jams (my LEAST favorite thing about the band by the way- boy, you've really got me pegged) don't seem to drag on nearly as long as Satisfaction from Toronto Rocks
[Edited by ResidentMule]
November 19th, 2004 12:24 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
I always know I'm dealing with a truly enlightened music enthusiast when they can pick out a concert with some 2 dozen musicians on stage and decide they don't like any of them

victor wooten
sonny landreth

yeah, they all suck

and since you brought it up, even Gov't Mule's ridiculously long extended half hour jams (my LEAST favorite thing about the band by the way- boy, you've really got me pegged) don't seem to drag on nearly as long as Satisfaction from Toronto Rocks
[Edited by ResidentMule]

November 19th, 2004 12:25 AM
Poplar
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:

Those guys partied at my place one night. Funny shit. My coffee table could go in the rock & roll hall of fame.

November 19th, 2004 06:53 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
I was watching FF today, arena show... Midnight Rambler is absolutely perfect there, it shows how fucking great they are. Mick` singing is so clean and vigorous, and the harmonica and dancing are espectacular. Keith plays that killer guitar line with so much control... Charlie keeps the beat the way he always do: knowing how to do. And now comes my principal point: Ronnie is great. You got to look and hear how good is his playing in it. Specially from the `` everybody got to go...`` till the end. He plays killer licks during the song. So, i`d like to ask you to watch it and take a look on Ronnie. He`s great there. ``Everybody got to go`` till the end. Pay attention.

I`d like to know what you think about it. The whole performance of MR and Ronnie`s playing in it.

Yes Bruno I agree with you. But, what I regret at most about Four Flicks is that they hadn't put what, according to our fellow Sir Stonesalot was the best version of Midnight Rambler since those stirring renditions of this piece of Rock'n'Roll history circa 1972.

Regarding Ronald's performance, I think Can't You Hear Me Knockin' solo is the best example of his effort on playing sober. That was the great Ron Wood.
November 19th, 2004 06:56 AM
J.J.Flash Hey Bruno, your english is far enough good.

Cheers!
November 19th, 2004 07:43 AM
Bruno Stone
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Regarding Ronald's performance, I think Can't You Hear Me Knockin' solo is the best example of his effort on playing sober. That was the great Ron Wood.

That solo is great, is good to see him doing it, isn`t? His guitar is so prominent in the mix, i wish it was all the time. Ronnie sober is great. I`d like to hear his guitar that loud in When The Whip Comes Down, he seems to play good there.
November 19th, 2004 07:46 AM
glencar Is he still sober?
November 19th, 2004 07:53 AM
J.J.Flash I bloody hope so.....or the new album and tour will get postponed again......not to mention that Ron's health status concerns me a lot
November 19th, 2004 08:35 AM
marko I might be the only one at this board,who doesn�t like
MSG show,on 4-flicks.I didn�t like when the sbd boot came
out.don�t like it now either.
November 19th, 2004 08:37 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
marko wrote:
I might be the only one at this board,who doesn�t like
MSG show,on 4-flicks.I didn�t like when the sbd boot came
out.don�t like it now either.

What is the reason Marko?
November 19th, 2004 08:41 AM
marko Its too standard on playing wise,too safe,theres no edge.
Its boring like St.louis-1997.And when the whip comes down
is awful,well,it hasn�t been any good since 1982.They play
it too fast.M.rambler is only good song on this show.
The 1st show 16.1.03 was lot better.
November 19th, 2004 08:47 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
marko wrote:
Its too standard on playing wise,too safe,theres no edge.
Its boring like St.louis-1997.And when the whip comes down
is awful,well,it hasn�t been any good since 1982.They play
it too fast.M.rambler is only good song on this show.
The 1st show 16.1.03 was lot better.

Well, I am not saying that was THE SHOW, but Midnight Rambler and CYHMK were the highlights on it, weren't?

When I say CYHMK, I mean the middle section solo.... for so long Ronnie wasn't impressing me, but on that solo we can see how good he can play.....
November 19th, 2004 10:30 AM
marko But Ronnie boy can do better than that.All their PPV shows
been average,only Atlantic City&hampton are killer shows,
so to speak.Miami-94 is the worst of the bunch.
November 19th, 2004 11:28 AM
J.J.Flash What about Rio 95 in Maracana Stadium?!??! One of their best performances post Taylor era IMHO
November 19th, 2004 11:31 AM
marko You mean the 4.2.1995 show? ah man,now you�re talking,this
shows has a KILLER version of rambler!!
I got it on dvd......
November 19th, 2004 11:38 AM
Joey
quote:
marko wrote:
You mean the 4.2.1995 show? ah man,now you�re talking,this
shows has a KILLER version of rambler!!
I got it on dvd......

Hello My Baby Marko ...........

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

J. Ewing ! �

[Edited by Joey]
November 19th, 2004 12:18 PM
glencar
quote:
marko wrote:
But Ronnie boy can do better than that.All their PPV shows
been average,only Atlantic City&hampton are killer shows,
so to speak.Miami-94 is the worst of the bunch.

Where does St. Louis 1997 fit in this scheme?
November 19th, 2004 12:39 PM
marko Average.It was played too slowly.
November 19th, 2004 08:45 PM
Soldatti Rambler's best version since Ya-Ya's on Four Flicks?
Come on, it's decent but the worst version with Taylor is miles away better...
November 20th, 2004 04:33 AM
beer best since the taylor days...