ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panathinaikos Stadium - Athens, Greece - 17th April 1967
Last tour performance of Brian Jones
With thanks to Fotini and Irina... BTW, Happy birthday Fotini!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It's Official. Bono Is Out To Destroy The World Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 18th, 2004 02:30 PM
telecaster So I just watched the opening of the Clinton Library

Clinton, Bush I, Bush II, Carter, Hillary etc all on stage
making great speeches, laughing, having a great time, complimenting each other, healing wounds, getting along all on stage in the pouring rain

Warmed my heart

Then......................

Oh ya.....................

Unfucking believable......

No way....................

Can't be..................

Make it stop..............

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN WOULD YOU PLEASE WELCOME BONO AND THE EDGE

I am dreaming.............

This can't be happening...

Out walks that twat Bono and the guy with the ski cap

After all these great speeches and all this harmony this
ahole gets up to the mike in front of the current and all the ex-Prez's and starts on debt relief, the peace process, AIDS, on and fucking on and on

Then, in the pouring rain they do three of their longest possible songs ignoring the fact that everyone is getting douched by the rain and bored out of their minds

Why? Why? Why?

I wanted to shit liquid

I wanted to end transmission

I wanted to move to Bora Bora

I wanted a very dry top-shelf Gin Martini with two olives

What will it take to make this guy just go away?

Ireland: What are your demands? Is it money, territory?

What is it you want to end this madness?

November 18th, 2004 02:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Ireland: What are your demands? Is it money, territory?

What is it you want to end this madness?

Any chance of Bush executing Bon Jovi?
November 18th, 2004 02:40 PM
telecaster
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Any chance of Bush executing Bon Jovi?

Done.
November 18th, 2004 02:43 PM
parmeda tele..I want to go to Arkansas.
I want you to go too.
You must stand in the Oval Office replica for a photo-op!

...rotflmao!
November 18th, 2004 02:45 PM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:
tele..I want to go to Arkansas.
I want you to go too.

...rotflmao!

Done. I am still shaking pam after what I just saw

Hold me.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

How do I get this picture posted on this thread?
November 18th, 2004 02:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Done.

Ok...well you can send Bono back to us then, in that case. Problem sorted, I think.

Wouldnt it be great if everything was THAT easy?
November 18th, 2004 02:55 PM
parmeda Is it me?
Or is Bono pulling a 'Jesse Jackson'?

That fucker is everywhere!
November 18th, 2004 02:58 PM
Gazza Jesse Jackson was here just last week.
Maybe he and Bono have swapped roles, or else theyve morphed into each other
[Edited by Gazza]
November 18th, 2004 02:59 PM
parmeda See what I mean! ...lol
November 18th, 2004 03:03 PM
Gazza Has Jesse got a new album to promote as well?
November 18th, 2004 03:03 PM
Riffhard
quote:
parmeda wrote:
tele..I want to go to Arkansas.
I want you to go too.

...rotflmao!

From what I understand they offer knee pads to all the females waiting in line for the photo op.

Developing.....

Riffhard
November 18th, 2004 03:23 PM
telecaster
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Jesse Jackson was here just last week.
Maybe he and Bono have swapped roles, or else theyve morphed into each other
[Edited by Gazza]

Hell ya he was. He wants to own a Guiness distributership

He owns THE largest Budweiser distributership in the
United States. Shakedown city

He was going to protest against Bud for who knows why and they gave him the beer deal to shut him up

Funny, a "Reverand" owning a beer distributorship
November 18th, 2004 03:24 PM
Gazza are we talking about Jesse here or Bono? I'm gettin' confused....lol
November 18th, 2004 03:33 PM
telecaster
quote:
Gazza wrote:
are we talking about Jesse here or Bono? I'm gettin' confused....lol

Jesse. Jesse Jackson liquor distributor.

Gazza to add to the confusion my family's name is Ireland

Don't try and figure it out now
November 18th, 2004 04:56 PM
telecaster Ok, it has been a couple hours

Someone please tell me this never happened

This is as bad as the Justin Timberlake episode which also never happened
November 18th, 2004 05:00 PM
Bloozehound I watched part of it earlier, it was kinda surreal
November 18th, 2004 05:00 PM
Night Clerk Its actually two regions/two distributorships and two of Jesse's sons actually own them.
November 18th, 2004 05:10 PM
telecaster
quote:
Night Clerk wrote:
Its actually two regions/two distributorships and two of Jesse's sons actually own them.

True, his son actually owns it. His unemployed son with zero experience in business and zero experience in the distribution business ends up owning THE largest beer distributership in the US
November 18th, 2004 05:16 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

True, his son actually owns it. His unemployed son with zero experience in business and zero experience in the distribution business ends up owning THE largest beer distributership in the US

Essessy .....................

Don't let this get you down !

Nepotism is the basis by which every single one of us .................................Holy JESUS !!!!

************** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION *******************
November 18th, 2004 05:19 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
telecaster wrote:

How do I get this picture posted on this thread?

[Edited by mac_daddy]
November 18th, 2004 05:21 PM
telecaster Barbara Streisand looks like egon feels today

Thanks macdaddy.

I knew I wasn't dreaming this
[Edited by telecaster]
November 18th, 2004 05:21 PM
Joey

The Greatest President of these UNITED States EVER !

Word !

November 18th, 2004 05:27 PM
gypsy In one of my magazines, Bono is on the "quotes" page...and there's a little pic of him looking all smarmy as per usual, and his quote is something to the effect that he wouldn't run for President because he'd have to move into a smaller house.
Sort of jb-ish, isn't it?
November 18th, 2004 05:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Jesse. Jesse Jackson liquor distributor.

Gazza to add to the confusion my family's name is Ireland

Don't try and figure it out now

Bizarrely enough, my mothers maiden name was Telecaster...

..Bono Telecaster no less
[Edited by Gazza]
November 18th, 2004 05:31 PM
Joey

Tony Blair is the Greatest PM Great Britain has EVER produced and the entire world is indeed grateful .

..and now , THIS !

J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKI J JO JOE JOEY JOEYK JOEYKIN !

KINS !

November 18th, 2004 05:39 PM
gypsy Remember when Steelie smothered his body in Arby's sauce and joey licked it all off?
November 18th, 2004 06:06 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Remember when Steelie smothered his body in Arby's sauce and joey licked it all off?

Gypsy ..................................

Alexander Pane's new movie " Sideways " is one of the most compelling and illuminating motion pictures that I have EVER had the distinct pleasure of viewing .

Please see it over the Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend and thank your young Joey Ewing later ( Ruth's Chris ?!?! )

Oh , and please do not forget that Howard Stern is on David Letterman this evening .

www.CBS.com

Cassie & Yates & Joshy ! �

November 18th, 2004 06:30 PM
Some Guy Review: How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Rolling Stone, November 17, 2004

Rob Sheffield

(Four stars)

Halfway through the excellent new U2 album, Bono announces, "I like the sound of my own voice." Well-said, lad; well-said. Ever since U2 started making noise in Dublin several hundred bloody Sundays ago, Bono has grooved to the sound of his own gargantuan rockness. Ego, shmego -- this is one rock-star madman who should never scale down his epic ambitions. As the old Zen proverb goes, you will find no reasonable men on the tops of great mountains, and U2's brilliance is their refusal to be reasonable. U2 were a drag in the 1990s, when they were trying to be cool, ironic hipsters. Feh! Nobody wants a skinny Santa, and for damn sure nobody wants a hipster Bono. We want him over the top, playing with unforgettable fire. We want him to sing in Latin or feed the world or play Jesus to the lepers in his head. We want him to be Bono. Nobody else is even remotely qualified.

U2 bring that old-school, wide-awake fervor to How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. The last time we heard from them, All That You Can't Leave Behind, U2 were auditioning for the job of the World's Biggest Rock & Roll Band. They trimmed the Euro-techno pomp, sped up the tempos and let the Edge define the songs with his revitalized guitar. Well, they got the job.

On Atomic Bomb, they're not auditioning anymore. This is grandiose music from grandiose men, sweatlessly confident in the execution of their duties. Hardly any of the eleven songs break the five-minute mark or stray from the punchy formula of All That You Can't Leave Behind. They've gotten over their midcareer anxiety about whether they're cool enough. Now, they just hand it to the Edge and let it rip.

During the course of Atomic Bomb, you will be urged to ponder death ("Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"), birth ("Original of the Species"), God ("Yahweh"), love ("A Man and a Woman"), war ("Love and Peace or Else") and peace ("City of Blinding Lights"), which barely gives you time to ponder whether the bassist has been listening to Interpol. "Vertigo" sets the pace, a thirty-second ad jingle blown up to three great minutes, with a riff nicked from Sonic Youth's "Dirty Boots." "City of Blinding Lights" begins with a long Edge guitar intro, building into a bittersweet lament. "Yahweh" continues a U2 tradition, the album-closing chitchat with the Lord. It's too long and too slow, but that's part of the tradition.

Like all U2 albums, Atomic Bomb has false steps, experimental bathroom breaks and moments when the lofty ambitions crash into the nearest wall. As America staggers punch-drunk into another four-year moment we can't get out of, it would be a real pleasure if the political tunes had any depth. (How long? How long must we sing this song?) But Bono scores a direct hit on "One Step Closer," an intimate ballad about his father's death from cancer in 2001; "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" is the song U2 did at the funeral. When Bono sings, "You're the reason why I have the operas in me," his grief and his grandiosity seem to come from the same place in his heart. It's a reminder that what makes U2 so big isn't really their clever ideas, or even their intelligence -- it's the warmth that all too few rock stars have any idea how to turn into music.
November 18th, 2004 08:46 PM
Soldatti The album is very good, I already got it.
November 18th, 2004 11:26 PM
parmeda
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
From what I understand they offer knee pads to all the females waiting in line for the photo op.

Developing.....

Riffhard

Riffy...that is a perk that is not common knowledge to the public and only available to 'friends & donors' of the Clinton Foundation.

gypsy, LadyJ & I have our subscriptions that are good for one full year
Page: 1 2