ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panathinaikos Stadium - Athens, Greece - 17th April 1967
Last tour performance of Brian Jones
With thanks to Fotini and Irina... BTW, Happy birthday Fotini!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jiving sister fanny Return to archive
November 18th, 2004 09:56 AM
headshrinker are there any unreleased versions of this song available with a different taylor solo?
November 18th, 2004 11:45 AM
Gazza theres an alternate take of it on bootlegs, but I dont think its very different to the released version
November 18th, 2004 01:58 PM
Gimme Shelter I wish they would play this on the next tour.
November 18th, 2004 03:35 PM
Bloozehound love this fuckin song, it just grooves man

Izzy Stradlin does a smokin, badassed live version of it

November 18th, 2004 07:55 PM
corgi37 It is just superb. Why couldnt they put this out on a rarities cd, instead of you-know-what that just got released.
November 18th, 2004 08:54 PM
Soldatti There are two different versions:
The first is from the original Metamorphosis LP and only is there, the second is more clean and is available on Singles Collection and Metamorphosis 2002 re-issue.
Both versions are officials but the other is out of print as other officials alternative versions of Sway and All Down The Line.
November 18th, 2004 09:09 PM
Bloozehound Isn't the only difference between the two versions the lyrics?

November 18th, 2004 09:13 PM
Soldatti The rhythm is a little different too, the other version is a little faster.
November 18th, 2004 11:26 PM
Vinyl kills I would LOVE to hear Izzy's version!!!
November 18th, 2004 11:47 PM
glencar "Family" is so sick I love it.
November 19th, 2004 12:33 AM
Zack To me, it sounds like Jiving Sister Fanny is the blueprint for the whole Faces career. Is that Nicky on organ?
November 19th, 2004 03:47 AM
Bloozehound I've honestly never noticed a difference between the two. I've heard it was the lyrics, but after the first few verses I can't tell what the hell he's mumbling about, not that it really matters, guess I'll have to do some homework..

Jivin Sister Fanny is one of those songs that can only be played LOUD!, cuz it fuckin' rockz ballz across yer face!!

Izzy does serious justice to that song like the Stones never did, it's such a great jam
November 19th, 2004 03:58 AM
Mathijs There's also a much longer vesion, with added guitar parts and a longer solo on VGP's Hillside Blues.

Mathijs
November 19th, 2004 05:11 AM
headshrinker
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I wish they would play this on the next tour.

as much as i'd love to see it, ronnie would butcher it like he did with "can't u hear me knockin"

i've been downloading the "hillside blues" bootleg as a torrent from easytree for ages. it was going so slow and now its just stopped. so has anyone got a copy they could trade?
November 19th, 2004 08:35 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
"Family" is so sick I love it.

I love this song, it's brillant.
November 21st, 2004 07:09 AM
corgi37 Fanny and Family, both A-1 tracks! But, you know, I'm going down does it for me on that album.

It's got the most blisterin guitar i reckon they've ever recorded. And the subtle use of bongoes! Inspired!!
November 21st, 2004 09:53 PM
Soldatti Almost all the side 2 of Metamorphosis is fantastic, the side 1 with few exceptions sucks.