ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panathinaikos Stadium - Athens, Greece - 17th April 1967
Last tour performance of Brian Jones
With thanks to Fotini and Irina... BTW, Happy birthday Fotini!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Mysterious song, Can anyone help? Return to archive
November 17th, 2004 02:59 PM
regan4000 Hey, I love the stones, but as a 20 year old, its tough to know they're good, great and not so great albums, and with over 600 songs or whatever they have, its tough to identify songs.

I heard a single on the radio by the stones that had a very heavily driven wa-wa sound in the background, i assume played by keith. Does anyone know which song I might be talking about?

Thanks
November 17th, 2004 03:02 PM
telecaster
quote:
regan4000 wrote:
Hey, I love the stones, but as a 20 year old, its tough to know they're good, great and not so great albums, and with over 600 songs or whatever they have, its tough to identify songs.

I heard a single on the radio by the stones that had a very heavily driven wa-wa sound in the background, i assume played by keith. Does anyone know which song I might be talking about?

Thanks

Heartbreaker?
November 17th, 2004 03:12 PM
voodoopug IF You Cant Rock Me? Brand New Car?
November 17th, 2004 03:14 PM
SirMuddy Hot Stuff, Fool to cry, Out of control ?
November 17th, 2004 03:33 PM
gotdablouse Yes, I'd say the BIGGEST wah-wah would be Heartbreaker ;-)
November 17th, 2004 03:36 PM
Riffhard I gotta go with Tele on this one. If the song is a radio friendly Stones tune with alot of wa-wa then Heartbreaker seems to fit the bill. It would help if you had any of the lyrics. Even one line of lyric would establish the tune your talking about. If it is in fact Heartbreaker then the album is Goats Head Soup. A decent Stones' album,but certainly not their best effort.

If your a new fan you should immediatly go out and buy the "big four". They are,in order-Beggar's Banquet (1968),Let It Bleed (1969), Sticky Fingers (1971), Exile On Main Street (1972).

Welcome to the tribe!

Riffhard
November 17th, 2004 03:52 PM
gustavobala and the refrain? says what?

i ready and imagine doo doo dooo doo doo (heartbreaker)

solo guitar is Mick Taylor, no keith
November 17th, 2004 07:05 PM
Soldatti Heartbreaker, of course.
November 17th, 2004 07:21 PM
KeithRichardsgrl doo doo doo doo doo (heartbreaker) luv that song
November 17th, 2004 11:44 PM
regan4000 ok cool, lemme check it out
November 18th, 2004 10:32 PM
Bruno Stone Heartbreaker, such a strong song.... Charlie is perfect as always... and the intro is killer. In Four Flicks it is slightly weak, dont you think? Keith is sooooo low, the guitars GOT TO drive this song, In fact, all the songs.
November 19th, 2004 08:57 PM
SirMuddy Keef is sooooo low cause he's taking care of the joint!
;-)
November 20th, 2004 12:01 PM
John Wood And what a big joint it is!!!!!!
November 20th, 2004 02:11 PM
MickShagger Heartbreaker?