ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panathinaikos Stadium - Athens, Greece - 17th April 1967
Last tour performance of Brian Jones
With thanks to Fotini and Irina... BTW, Happy birthday Fotini!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Biggest Stones mistake Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
November 17th, 2004 07:10 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Ronnie B. Wood wrote:
and for non-realising LOVE IS STRONG with keith on vocals, its the best keith-on-vocals song...

WTF?
The original version is fantastic.
November 18th, 2004 07:54 AM
Ronnie B. Wood but keef's is better, have you heard it ?
November 18th, 2004 09:56 AM
glencar I've heard Mick's vocals on YGTS & I like them but Keith's vocals on that song are sublime. It's idiotic/moronic/danged stoopit! in any case (as Saint Sway *subtly* stated above) that over a 40-year career this changed vocal is their biggest mistake.
[Edited by glencar]
[Edited by glencar]
November 18th, 2004 03:07 PM
exile realeasing Bridges to Babylon

hate to say it but....
what a crappy album
November 18th, 2004 08:37 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Ronnie B. Wood wrote:
but keef's is better, have you heard it ?

Yes, but the original is miles away the best.
November 18th, 2004 08:40 PM
Soldatti
quote:
exile wrote:
realeasing Bridges to Babylon

hate to say it but....
what a crappy album

Ok, the production sucks, is far from the best album but got some good songs on it.
November 19th, 2004 12:23 PM
headshrinker theres only 2 and they happened pretty much at the same time

1. letting mick taylor go
2. hiring ronnie wood
November 19th, 2004 01:46 PM
jb Not sharing their groupies with me.
November 19th, 2004 01:54 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
jb wrote:
Not sharing their groupies with me.

They don't need to Josh... you have your own army of groupies you wealthy lawyer.
November 19th, 2004 03:38 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Gazza wrote:
placing the importance of the pursuit of maximum profit way ahead of any creative decision since 1998..

The Stones could have otherwise segued into their fourth decade as a band with some degree of artistic integrity and respect like other acts of their age have done.

Couldn't have put it better, right on...the money!

Can't help but think that they'll look back at these 6+ years as a friggin' waste when the reaper comes and money doesn't matter anymore...
November 19th, 2004 09:04 PM
Soldatti Live Licks
November 20th, 2004 01:03 PM
JaGgEr play with justin timberlake in toronto
November 22nd, 2004 10:22 AM
F505
quote:
JaGgEr wrote:
play with justin timberlake in toronto

indeed that was sad
November 22nd, 2004 08:32 PM
Angiegirl Doing Anybody Seen My Baby live.
November 22nd, 2004 08:48 PM
Gazza yeah..and about a hundred fuckin times too!

I liked the song just fine - but theres never been a Stones song in their entire history that was consistently performed so poorly in concert.
November 22nd, 2004 09:29 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yeah..and about a hundred fuckin times too!

I liked the song just fine - but theres never been a Stones song in their entire history that was consistently performed so poorly in concert.

My point exactly! Live it was awful, I just stood there embarrassed and cringing, no matter how much I adore Bernard, lol.
November 22nd, 2004 09:46 PM
Gazza Well..finally...I knew there was some advantage about having all of the 1998 UK shows postponed by a year...!!

by the time 1999 came round, theyd dropped it, so the only show I think I saw them play it was Paris - I did two US No Security shows and the five UK shows in '99 and it was long gone by then!
November 22nd, 2004 10:50 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
by the time 1999 came round, theyd dropped it, so the only show I think I saw them play it was Paris - I did two US No Security shows and the five UK shows in '99 and it was long gone by then!

That was a good idea. Here in Argentina when they played the song the people were laughing, the only Stones' song where I saw that.
November 22nd, 2004 10:51 PM
Madafaka Not to come to South America during the 40 Licks tour
November 23rd, 2004 12:02 AM
jpenn11
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Posted by Bj�rnulf at IORR, a quote by Keith Richards from Chuck Leavell's book, due out this month:

"Chuck is our direct link to Stu. Without that continuity, the Stones would not be the Stones."

No comment.

Does this mean that Chuck is going to be relegated to roadie for the next tour and someone else will be hired to play a real piano?
November 23rd, 2004 06:58 AM
Jumping Jack Justin Timberlake duet. Still makes me shit liquid, Joey!!!
Page: 1 2 3