ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panathinaikos Stadium - Athens, Greece - 17th April 1967
Last tour performance of Brian Jones
With thanks to Fotini and Irina... BTW, Happy birthday Fotini!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Biggest Stones mistake Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
November 16th, 2004 06:24 AM
Jair IMO, Keith lead vocals in You Gotta The Silver. I rather the Mick Jagger lead vocal take

November 16th, 2004 06:39 AM
monkeyman62 BIGGEST MISTAKE IS CHUCK ON KEYBOARDS, BY FAAAAAAAAAAR
November 16th, 2004 06:42 AM
LadyJane Easy...NOT putting out new product in 7 years, thus resulting in total boredom on message boards like this fine one, and endless rehashing of the same thing over and over and over again.

Jair..I couldn't disagree more. You Got the Silver is total Keef!! IMHO.

LJ.
November 16th, 2004 06:45 AM
Jair
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
BIGGEST MISTAKE IS CHUCK ON KEYBOARDS, BY FAAAAAAAAAAR

Maybe, but he is my personal friend...
November 16th, 2004 06:46 AM
Nellcote Who are we to judge?
We are but mere mortals....
November 16th, 2004 06:58 AM
beer
quote:
Jair wrote:
IMO, Keith lead vocals in You Gotta The Silver. I rather the Mick Jagger lead vocal take

Are you outta your mind? Keith singing "You Got The Silver" is amazing.

You think That is The Stones biggest mistake??????
Jeez, I could think of countless other instances.
November 16th, 2004 07:03 AM
FotiniD
quote:
beer wrote:

I agree!
Try the obvious Altamont, or Dirty Work or Jagger/Richards stopping writing together, Mick's crazy solo career and those tours during WWIII, Keith's turn to mellow stuff (not that I don't like most of them - but boy do I need a rocker) - and that's just top of my head!
November 16th, 2004 07:03 AM
Jair
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Who are we to judge?
We are but mere mortals....

Wow! Are you accusing?
Whatha hell you think you are more than a mere mortal? D)
November 16th, 2004 07:04 AM
Gazza placing the importance of the pursuit of maximum profit way ahead of any creative decision since 1998..

The Stones could have otherwise segued into their fourth decade as a band with some degree of artistic integrity and respect like other acts of their age have done.
November 16th, 2004 07:05 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
placing the importance of the pursuit of maximum profit way ahead of any creative decision since 1998..

The Stones could have otherwise segued into their fourth decade as a band with some degree of artistic integrity and respect like other acts of their age have done.

True enough. What the heck do they do with all this money? I mean, when's enough enough?!
November 16th, 2004 07:06 AM
Jair
quote:
beer wrote:

Well, i said IMO, man, no obligation to agree
November 16th, 2004 07:09 AM
egon don't stop

(the song i mean, but keep on posting as well)
November 16th, 2004 07:15 AM
beer I respect your opinion, but I just always thought "YGTS" was so cool cuz it was Keefs first step up to the mic (Not counting Connection or Salt, which were shared Vocals)

It's such a cool bluesy song. And it sounds way better than the Jagger version, IMO.

-
November 16th, 2004 07:24 AM
Jair Yes, but I love Mick
November 16th, 2004 07:44 AM
F505 Maybe the biggest mistake is that they didn't quit after 1981 because than we'd have a reunion album and tour by now. At this moment we have nothing.
November 16th, 2004 07:52 AM
FotiniD
quote:
F505 wrote:
Maybe the biggest mistake is that they didn't quit after 1981 because than we'd have a reunion album and tour by now. At this moment we have nothing.

Have you been reading the "What if" thread on Shidoobee?

As they always taught us at school during the History class, you can't deal with "what if's". Perhaps we'd have the reunion album, perhaps Keith would have died and Mick would end up a nostalgia act with a stupid back band playing oldies in front of 300 people audiences. You can never be sure.

Too much "Butterfly effect" watching
November 16th, 2004 07:58 AM
Zeeta Musically, parting company with Micky Taylor!
November 16th, 2004 08:05 AM
Gazza Going further back, from a creative point of view - Mick and Keith no longer living in the same country and working together as a unit.

I dont think its the Stones' mistake regarding MT leaving. The decision was his and his alone. It was maybe the biggest mistake of HIS career, though!
November 16th, 2004 08:09 AM
Gazza
quote:
F505 wrote:
Maybe the biggest mistake is that they didn't quit after 1981 because than we'd have a reunion album and tour by now. At this moment we have nothing.

so you'd rather have had JUST that, with a 20 year wait (and no guarantee it would happen or that it would have been good) than the four world tours and five studio albums theyve done since then?

For all their faults, I'm delighted they continued after 1981/82. Theyve pushed the boundaries of what a live event should be to new limits ever since that
November 16th, 2004 08:11 AM
F505
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Mick would end up a nostalgia act with a stupid back band playing oldies

In other words: the Stones anno 2004
November 16th, 2004 08:16 AM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:
so you'd rather have had JUST that, with a 20 year wait (and no guarantee it would happen or that it would have been good) than the four world tours and five studio albums theyve done since then?

For all their faults, I'm delighted they continued after 1981/82. Theyve pushed the boundaries of what a live event should be to new limits ever since that

Well you never know but I would exchange these five studio albums for one really good one if I had the choise. And imagine the fever if you'd see them live after 20 years waiting....
November 16th, 2004 08:53 AM
FotiniD
quote:
F505 wrote:

In other words: the Stones anno 2004

You know, when I was writing that line I was SURE it'd get that kind of reaction Now, that's bad for the Stones, ain't it?

Come on, despite all, they're not an oldies act. Not yet.
November 16th, 2004 12:27 PM
56DeSoto This one is easy - Mick Jagger's day-glo football pants on that 80s tour is easily the most tragic occurance in their entire history.
November 16th, 2004 12:29 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
56DeSoto wrote:
This one is easy - Mick Jagger's day-glo football pants on that 80s tour is easily the most tragic occurance in their entire history.

November 16th, 2004 12:46 PM
Jumacfly Biggest mistake??
the intro of Stray Cat Blues in Globen Stockholm??
November 16th, 2004 01:18 PM
sammy davis jr. Mick quitting drugs. Not hiring Rory Gallagher as lead guitarist (although he's dead now too). Putting out 104 live albums. Mick's "gay" period.
November 16th, 2004 01:22 PM
Monkey Woman Posted by Bj�rnulf at IORR, a quote by Keith Richards from Chuck Leavell's book, due out this month:

"Chuck is our direct link to Stu. Without that continuity, the Stones would not be the Stones."

No comment.
November 16th, 2004 02:45 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Posted by Bj�rnulf at IORR, a quote by Keith Richards from Chuck Leavell's book, due out this month:

"Chuck is our direct link to Stu. Without that continuity, the Stones would not be the Stones."

No comment.

and?
November 16th, 2004 03:10 PM
glencar The lack of new product since '97. I thought 89-94 was a drought. Gimme some water, Mick!
November 16th, 2004 06:25 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Page: 1 2 3