ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panathinaikos Stadium - Athens, Greece - 17th April 1967
Last tour performance of Brian Jones
With thanks to Fotini and Irina... BTW, Happy birthday Fotini!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Coffee Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
November 15th, 2004 02:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot Coffee. I love it.

Strong. Black. Hot, but not TOO hot. Some places serve boiling cups of molten magma, and expect you to drink it. Fucknuts.

If you told me that I can either have coffee or beer, but whichever I pick, I can never have the other ever again....I'd pick coffee.

Hoplessly addicted, I am.

Had kidney stones a year or so back. The doc said I had to give up coffee. I told him, "No fuckin' way dude." He gaped. I stared at him, my eyes burning perfect pinholes in his forehead. I was earnest. He didn't argue.

Winter is coming. Nothing like a nice Irish Coffee on a cold winter night. Warms your marrow, it does. Coffee makes dreary gray winter mornings tolerable. Coffee makes ANY morning bearable.

Is anything more sociable than coffee? Something about it just opens the mind and loosens the tongue. How many great conversations are had over a steamin' cup o' joe? I do not return to restaurants that have bad coffee. But even bad coffee is better than no coffee at all.

Coffee is soul juice. It is life affirming.

But why must coffee shops have coffee menus? You know what I say when some silly mook behind the coffee bar asks me what flavor coffee I want? I tell 'em, "I want coffee flavored coffee, ya silly mook. Do ya have coffee flavored coffee here?" Then they always ask THE number one stupid question of all time....."Reagular or Decaf?" My usual response is something like, "Do I LOOK like I want fuckin' decaf, ya silly mook?"

Oh yeah, decaf people have a certain look about them. You can tell. You see 'em walkin' down the street with their "decaf mocha latte with soy" SOY??? SOY??? You ever taste that soy milk shit??? And people actually ASK for it in their coffee! These are the same people who buy Josh Groban and Celine Dion albums. Durty Fukkers. Give honest, decent, straight coffe drinkers a bad name. Not only that, but because of these assholes willingness to pony up $4.00 for some froo-froo coffee drink, now I gotta pay like $1.50 just for a cup of regular black coffee. It use to be 50 cents!

Did you know that you can get a Mr Coffee coffeemaker for under $10.00 now? I have the same coffeemaker that I bought in Germany when I was stationed there. That thing is like a child to me. Krups. Love it. I hope I die before that machine does...I don't think I could handle burying it.

Ever been to one of those big stupid malls? Liar, you have too. There is this one that I try to get to every now and again...it has the coolest coffee store. They have hundreds of different kinds of coffee from all over the world. But here is the best part...they will let you try some before you buy. I sit there for hours trying coffee on while the woman is trying on shirt...I mean, blouse, after sweater after skirt after "oh, isn't that cute". But I don't care, because I just had a shot of Indonesian Java, followed by some Jamaican Blue Mountain! I pretend that there is a difference. "Oh yes, that is nice. Bold and meaty, but not acidic." I always end up walking out with a pound of house blend...who the fuck would pay $33.00 for a half pound of Kenyan AAA?!? It's coffee fer fuck sake, it all tastes the same! I actually think it IS all the same.

Anyhow, I'm going to go pour myself another cup of coffee and listen to some tunes. Why don't ya'll treat yourself to the same.
November 15th, 2004 02:12 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
If you told me that I can either have coffee or beer, but whichever I pick, I can never have the other ever again....I'd pick coffee.

i don't like hot drinks, and so never drink coffee (i drink a ton of diet coke, though)...

but i would definitely pick beer.

have a good one, ss.
November 15th, 2004 02:17 PM
BILL PERKS DONT DRINK COFFEE BUT I LOVE TO WATCH THE ADDICTED CATATONIC WANKERS AT WAWA WHO CANT FUNCTION UNTIL THE HAVE THEIR 1ST CUP OF COFFEE.MY MOTHER IS A CONFIRMED COFFEE AND CIGARETTES JUNKY.KINDA TURNED ME OFF TO BOTH.
November 15th, 2004 02:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Bill...What is it with those catatonic wankers at Wawa anyway? Don't they have a fuckin' coffeemaker at home? Buncha silly mooks.
November 15th, 2004 02:23 PM
Factory Girl Gotta go with beer.

The beverage, not the poster dude.
November 15th, 2004 02:29 PM
Nellcote SS, follow this link to some of the best chickory you've ever had. Then thank me later.. http://www.cafedumonde.com/coffee.html

BTW, did you get my email on MAC?
November 15th, 2004 02:29 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Coffee. I love it.

Strong. Black. Hot, but not TOO hot. Some places serve boiling cups of molten magma, and expect you to drink it. Fucknuts.

Hoplessly addicted, I am.

Had kidney stones a year or so back. The doc said I had to give up coffee. I told him, "No fuckin' way dude." He gaped. I stared at him, my eyes burning perfect pinholes in his forehead. I was earnest. He didn't argue.

Winter is coming. Nothing like a nice Irish Coffee on a cold winter night. Warms your marrow, it does. Coffee makes dreary gray winter mornings tolerable. Coffee makes ANY morning bearable.

Is anything more sociable than coffee? Something about it just opens the mind and loosens the tongue. How many great conversations are had over a steamin' cup o' joe? I do not return to restaurants that have bad coffee. But even bad coffee is better than no coffee at all.

Coffee is soul juice. It is life affirming.

But why must coffee shops have coffee menus? You know what I say when some silly mook behind the coffee bar asks me what flavor coffee I want? I tell 'em, "I want coffee flavored coffee, ya silly mook. Do ya have coffee flavored coffee here?" Then they always ask THE number one stupid question of all time....."Reagular or Decaf?" My usual response is something like, "Do I LOOK like I want fuckin' decaf, ya silly mook?"

Oh yeah, decaf people have a certain look about them. You can tell. You see 'em walkin' down the street with their "decaf mocha latte with soy" SOY??? SOY??? You ever taste that soy milk shit??? And people actually ASK for it in their coffee! These are the same people who buy Josh Groban and Celine Dion albums. Durty Fukkers. Give honest, decent, straight coffe drinkers a bad name. Not only that, but because of these assholes willingness to pony up $4.00 for some froo-froo coffee drink, now I gotta pay like $1.50 just for a cup of regular black coffee. It use to be 50 cents!

Did you know that you can get a Mr Coffee coffeemaker for under $10.00 now? I have the same coffeemaker that I bought in Germany when I was stationed there. That thing is like a child to me. Krups. Love it. I hope I die before that machine does...I don't think I could handle burying it.

Ever been to one of those big stupid malls? Liar, you have too. There is this one that I try to get to every now and again...it has the coolest coffee store. They have hundreds of different kinds of coffee from all over the world. But here is the best part...they will let you try some before you buy. I sit there for hours trying coffee on while the woman is trying on shirt...I mean, blouse, after sweater after skirt after "oh, isn't that cute". But I don't care, because I just had a shot of Indonesian Java, followed by some Jamaican Blue Mountain! I pretend that there is a difference. "Oh yes, that is nice. Bold and meaty, but not acidic." I always end up walking out with a pound of house blend...who the fuck would pay $33.00 for a half pound of Kenyan AAA?!? It's coffee fer fuck sake, it all tastes the same! I actually think it IS all the same.

Anyhow, I'm going to go pour myself another cup of coffee and listen to some tunes. Why don't ya'll treat yourself to the same.

November 15th, 2004 03:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I've always liked just about anything that packs in some extra kicks...caffeine, nicotine, alcohol,etc. etc.
But decaf is bogus, man I hate that stuff.
November 15th, 2004 03:14 PM
Dan I drink at least a pot a day, sometimes more. I also prefer it not too hot. Even merely warm is fine, because I can guzzle it and it hits the head faster. Sometimes now I have an ever so slight ache in my sides. I thought it was the alcohol, but maybe not.
I am going to try to wean myself again, perhaps the next time I am not doing anything on a weekend. I quit successfully about a year ago when I decided to abstain from all intoxicating substances. Lasted about 6 or 8 weeks. Kinda hard to do with coffee because I go to so many gigs and I cant drag myself off to work without it. When I do decide to not drink it just for the hell of it, I feel like I am all doped up on Xanax or Valium (not bad until I actually have to do something)until the headaches set in.
November 15th, 2004 03:53 PM
Monkey Woman I used to be a tea addict but I acquiered a taste for coffee lately. I must now label myself a caffeine addict.
SS, thanks for your stand for real coffee. No bloody decaf! And for stating the truth about different varieties and blends... Who can feel the difference? Coffee is coffee. And it's good.
November 15th, 2004 03:57 PM
jb I go to Starbucks as it is owned by a great friend to the State of Israel....also, only rich people go there while the typical slobs go to to Dunkin Doughnuts....I have a Vanilla Latte with whipped cream and a piece of that delicious lemon cake....I am a regular who tips and is well respected by the friendly staff....
November 15th, 2004 04:13 PM
Joey

<----------I go to the " Barnes & Noble Cafe " as it is owned by a great friend to the State of Israel....also, only rich people go there while the typical slobs go to to Borders . I ALWAYS have a " Big Red Sun " Grande Hot Tea with a slice of " Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake " from the Cheesecake Factory ...I am a regular who tips EXTEMELY WELL and whose crotch is well ' admired ' by " Cafe hostess Jill " ( about twenty two years old with a beautiful face , huge ti##ies and most importantly , an Ass that literally keeps me up most nights ( if you catch me drift ) .

Developing .............................................

|
|
|
|
V

[Edited by Joey]
November 15th, 2004 04:15 PM
jb Amen Joey-------------------------------->

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1100332499747&p=1078113566627
November 15th, 2004 04:17 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Amen Joey-------------------------------->

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1100332499747&p=1078113566627

" Several French municipalities governed by communist and left-wing majorities are considering naming a street or a square after Yasser Arafat.

The French police intelligence service, Renseignements Generaux, reportedly warned the Ministry of Interior that such initiatives might trigger heated polemics and tensions between Jews and Muslims, especially neighborhoods ridden by ethnic violence.

In several suburban cities near Paris and Lyons governed by communist mayors, large Muslim and Jewish populations live side by side. "

www.ChristiShake.com

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4007961.stm
[Edited by Joey]
November 15th, 2004 04:22 PM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

I am a regular who tips EXTEMELY WELL and whose crotch is well ' admired ' by " Cafe hostess Jill " ( about twenty two years old with a beautiful face , huge ti##ies and most importantly , an Ass that literally keeps me up most nights ( if you catch me drift ) .

see what you mean

November 15th, 2004 04:25 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

<----------I go to the " Barnes & Noble Cafe " as it is owned by a great friend to the State of Israel....also, only rich people go there while the typical slobs go to to Borders . I ALWAYS have a " Big Red Sun " Grande Hot Tea with a slice of " Chocolate Moose Cheesecake " from the Cheesecake Factory ...I am a regular who tips EXTEMELY WELL and whose crotch is well ' admired ' by " Cafe hostess Jill " ( about twenty two years old with a beautiful face , huge ti##ies and most importantly , an Ass that literally keeps me up most nights ( if you catch me drift ) .

Developing .............................................

|
|
|
|
V

This is why you are such a great poster...this is a+ material!!!
November 15th, 2004 04:29 PM
Joey

F505 .......................................

I wish I could introduce you to " Cafe' Hostess Jill " .

Until then , THIS :

" Strangers on my flight,
turbans they're packin'.
Wonderin' if they might,
plan a hijacking.
They could pull a stunt,
before this flight is through.

Something's on their minds.
I saw them mutter.
What that in their hands?
Looks like box cutters,
I'm gonna kick some ass,
if they make a move.

Strangers on my flight.
Two smelly people,
and they're not talking right;
and in a moment,
I will grab base ball bat;
and that will be that.
Swing like Joe DiMaggio,
and rip them both a new a-hole.

And if they pick a fight,
and try to screw us,
I'll punch out their lights,
just like Joe Louis.
It would feel so right,
for strangers on my flight.

Ratta Tat Tat Tat,
Budda Bing Bang Boom,
Zooma Zooma Zoom.

Send those bastards to the moon.... "

http://www.beecy.net/frank/

I thank you for your time today

*********** END TRANSMISSION ***********
[Edited by Joey]
November 15th, 2004 04:55 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
I used to be a tea addict but I acquiered a taste for coffee lately. I must now label myself a caffeine addict.
SS, thanks for your stand for real coffee. No bloody decaf! And for stating the truth about different varieties and blends... Who can feel the difference? Coffee is coffee. And it's good.

I hear yuh MW, used to be only tea but since I went to Seattle last February...
November 15th, 2004 04:58 PM
sammy davis jr. I love coffee.....nothin' better than a steaming cup o' joe- and I like it fucking HOT!!! Beer is for fatasses- Long live the bean.
November 15th, 2004 05:01 PM
Riffhard Hey SS you should try Pete's Coffee. Their Major Dickinson's blend is incredible. Find them on the web. Just google Petes coffee. Thank me later. They have some of the best beans this side of Columbia!

Riffhard
November 15th, 2004 05:18 PM
caro Coffee! Cool thread! The presence of a single coffee machine in a bureau building reduces the working speed by about 60%. And no one complains! No need to buy an expensive sandwich for lunch, because by noon, you've already eaten 20 sugarcubes dissolved in 10 cups of coffee. More than you need to spend the rest of the day happily burping in front of your computer.
Coffee in restaurants is cool too. I don't think it's like that in the United States, but here in France, they make it as short & strong as possible. It takes some effort to drink it but after that, all of your taste buds are knocked out, and thus, you don't want or need any dessert. All you need is a cigarette, which is much healthier cheaper anyway.
November 16th, 2004 01:17 AM
parmeda
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>>Coffee. I love it.<<
*Me too, SS!*

>>Strong. Black. Hot, but not TOO hot. Some places serve boiling cups of molten magma, and expect you to drink it. Fucknuts.<<
*I do mine 'Boston'.*

>>If you told me that I can either have coffee or beer, but whichever I pick, I can never have the other ever again....I'd pick coffee.<<
*Agreed!*

>>Hoplessly addicted, I am.<<
*You're in good company, my friend. And when my hands can longer grasp a cup, I shall have it forced thru my veins in an IV.*

>>..Had kidney stones a year or so back. The doc said I had to give up coffee. I told him, "No fuckin' way dude." He gaped. I stared at him, my eyes burning perfect pinholes in his forehead. I was earnest. He didn't argue.<<
*I would take a stabbing bet that your doctor is a tea drinker?*

>>Winter is coming. Nothing like a nice Irish Coffee on a cold winter night. Warms your marrow, it does. Coffee makes dreary gray winter mornings tolerable. Coffee makes ANY morning bearable.<<
*This is true...however, I would take it a step further by adding a hard crunchy cookie to "dunk" with, no?*

>>Is anything more sociable than coffee? Something about it just opens the mind and loosens the tongue. How many great conversations are had over a steamin' cup o' joe? I do not return to restaurants that have bad coffee. But even bad coffee is better than no coffee at all.<<
*You're too easy, SS. I've gotten 'mud water' at restaurants before and insisted on having a fresh pot brewed.*

>>Coffee is soul juice. It is life affirming.<<
*Again, I shall refer to my living will, ie: an IV shall be placed...etc.*

>>But why must coffee shops have coffee menus? You know what I say when some silly mook behind the coffee bar asks me what flavor coffee I want? I tell 'em, "I want coffee flavored coffee, ya silly mook. Do ya have coffee flavored coffee here?" Then they always ask THE number one stupid question of all time....."Reagular or Decaf?" My usual response is something like, "Do I LOOK like I want fuckin' decaf, ya silly mook?"<<
*Save your money SS, and stay out of those coffee shops. Stick to the Ma & Pa establishments...they always have the best coffee. Also, keep in mind, the 'mooks' you refer to...are fucking tea drinkers in disguise.*

>>Oh yeah, decaf people have a certain look about them. You can tell. You see 'em walkin' down the street with their "decaf mocha latte with soy" SOY??? SOY??? You ever taste that soy milk shit??? And people actually ASK for it in their coffee! These are the same people who buy Josh Groban and Celine Dion albums. Durty Fukkers. Give honest, decent, straight coffe drinkers a bad name. Not only that, but because of these assholes willingness to pony up $4.00 for some froo-froo coffee drink, now I gotta pay like $1.50 just for a cup of regular black coffee. It use to be 50 cents!<<
*I can honestly say that I have never stepped one toe into a Starbucks. Nope...it hasn't happened. I don't think it's on my "To Do List" before I die, either...*

>>Did you know that you can get a Mr Coffee coffeemaker for under $10.00 now? I have the same coffeemaker that I bought in Germany when I was stationed there. That thing is like a child to me. Krups. Love it. I hope I die before that machine does...I don't think I could handle burying it.<<
*Smart investment! My personal favorite is the percolator that gets flamed on my stove. Nothing beats the aroma creeping thru the house.*

>>Ever been to one of those big stupid malls? Liar, you have too. There is this one that I try to get to every now and again...it has the coolest coffee store. They have hundreds of different kinds of coffee from all over the world. But here is the best part...they will let you try some before you buy. I sit there for hours trying coffee on while the woman is trying on shirt...I mean, blouse, after sweater after skirt after "oh, isn't that cute". But I don't care, because I just had a shot of Indonesian Java, followed by some Jamaican Blue Mountain! I pretend that there is a difference. "Oh yes, that is nice. Bold and meaty, but not acidic." I always end up walking out with a pound of house blend...who the fuck would pay $33.00 for a half pound of Kenyan AAA?!? It's coffee fer fuck sake, it all tastes the same! I actually think it IS all the same.<<
*Are you talking about GLORIA JEAN'S? ...lol*

>>Anyhow, I'm going to go pour myself another cup of coffee and listen to some tunes. Why don't ya'll treat yourself to the same.<<
*Thanks buddy...I think I shall *

November 16th, 2004 01:29 AM
gypsy It figures that jb drinks faggoty wannabe coffee.

I hate jb. I hate him with every fiber of my being.
November 16th, 2004 03:21 AM
UGot2Rollme I live in Switzerland and the coffee here packs a punch - kind of like slightly diluted espresso - oh what a beautiful buzz what a beautiful buzz...

November 16th, 2004 04:04 AM
marko Well,what is a morning without coffee and sex?Only question
is,which comes first?
November 16th, 2004 04:37 AM
Zeeta Glad you enjoy the coffee pal, but tea is the real deal for me, I was bought up on it. Being from England and Yorkshire especially I find it the most thirst quenching, paletable, refreshing and homely hot drink that there most possibly is.

Try Yorkshire Tea or if feeling flush Yorkshire Tea Gold!

Better than Coffee and especially that shit they serve up in starbucks; 80% chocolate, 10% Cream from a aerosol and about 9% water and 1 % actually coffee.
If I do drink coffee I make espresso and just a shot, all I need but in all honesty just get the Tea pot on to brew for me!
November 16th, 2004 04:46 AM
IanBillen
quote:
gypsy wrote:
It figures that jb drinks faggoty wannabe coffee.

I hate jb. I hate him with every fiber of my being.

No you don't.
November 16th, 2004 04:53 AM
IanBillen Coffee Tips:
1. Always use very Cold water

2. Clean your coffee maker out by running white vinegar
through it once a week or so. Run staight water
directly after for two or three runs or until
vinegar smell goes away.

If there was one thing I would choose to keep in my diet it would DEFINATELY be coffee.

Hot, Black, no flavored creams, no flavored coffee-latte whatevers....just straight up coffee.

If I wanted a flavored drink I would buy Kool-Aid.

Maxwell House 1892 roast is my favorite
Right out of the good old plain white Mr. Coffee maker.

Ian
November 16th, 2004 06:46 AM
LadyJane I confess...I am a wuss. BUT...I make my own espresso. Old fashion Italian coffee pot..VERY strong...Columbian beans..and a little pan of steamed milk.

I have also been known to enjoy a good Starbucks latte. Forgive me..I have sinned!!!

I will now head to the cafeteria to purchase a French Vanilla cappucino. The horror!!

LJ.
November 16th, 2004 07:08 AM
nankerphelge Wow -- I agree with Ian!

Suddenly, I am scared!

It's coffee dammit -- not Baskin Robbins!!!

Page: 1 2 3